Tsubasa no nai Tenshi - Chapter 1

Tsubasa no nai Tenshi (Angel without wings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~oO0°0Oo~

 

« Acquittal pronounced in the case involving Jung Yunho, heir of the same named shipping company. Since the incident two years before, the young man who denies any involvement, did not appear in public... »

 

-Yunho?

 

From his seat, the called man jolted when he heard his name. With the remote control in his hand, he turned off the television, curtailing the reporter's speech on the screen. He stood up to greet his friend who contemplated him with a gloomy expression.

 

-You shouldn't watch this. Stop hurting yourself.

 

He cut off his movement and shook his head.

 

-I was zapping. No need to worry, Chun.

 

He sat up straight to face him and detected effortlessly his doubt that subsists in the reproving look of the younger.

 

-I swear, he assured without conviction, knowing he could not mislead his best friend.

 

The latter shook his head, eyes marked by the compassion he had for the only man he has always considered as part of his family, like his own brother.

 

-And what, you're not greeting your friend? Yunho asked without accusation, trying to change the subject to slacken the atmosphere.

 

Yoochun forced a smile and rushed towards him to share one of their fraternal embrace. Without any word, they stayed thus longer than usual greeting required it. In each other's arms, the younger tried to take with him a bit of the burden Yunho persisted to bear by himself until shatter body and soul. He knew his friends understand the intention. He could feel it from the painful acceleration in his chest and the hardening of his swallows. The pressure of his hug turned firmer, trying to be more comforting while he whispered near his ear with his smooth and cautious voice, afraid to deteriorate the delicate defence of the man in front of him.

 

-It's over now Yunho.

 

The eldest clenched his teeth and walked one step back, breaking the protective embrace. He bypassed the large sofa in the centre of the room and stopped by the coffee table next to it.

 

-As if I could forget everything in a blink, he uttered laboriously.

 

On the transparent slab glass we could find many residues, remains of his days and witnesses of his nights. Alcoholic drinks in excess, little foods, bottles more than glasses and other documents with papers in shamble. His look stayed on the disarranged newspaper where the economic page could be seen. His eyes generally so deep flattened, losing his strength. Spirit suddenly drained, he was absorbed in his reverie of the headlines. Noticing his behaviour, Yoochun moved forward his direction until he bumped the leather back of the armchair. He laid against it and in turn looked at the noticeable headlines. « Dropping of the prosecution - Y-Jung Corp. back on even kneels ». « Discharged, Jung Yunho gets back on his functions ». Yoochun sighed once again. If he could, he would have deleted from his sight all those untoward references. But he also knew that ignoring the facts would not vanish them. The only thing he could do from now on was to support his friend and help him get back on track.

 

-You are not guilty, Yoochun emphasised each word. There's no need to break yourself down piece by piece.

 

Yunho closed his eyelids painfully and focused on his friend not far away. His breath accelerated and became harsher. Trapped in a mix of feelings in which the anger popped on the surface, he had difficulty to control his remarks.

 

-You can't understand, Yoochun. I may not be guilty as you say, but I'm responsible.

 

He bit his bottom lip to hold back the surplus of emotion. He released it to take a deep inspiration, letting on the pulpy flesh the visible print of his teeth.

 

-Waking up every morning with this knowledge, it's gruelling. I will never be able to forgive myself, he spat harshly, blaming himself.

-It was two years ago, Yunho! Yoochun cried out. Two years that you're not going out, not sleeping and not smiling. I agree, it was an unfortunate occurrence, but you paid your debt. Now, it's time to get back to life.

 

His voice became softer at the end of his sentence, with a caring tone, although moralistic, in the way we would talk to reassure a child guilty for a blunder he never wanted. With watchful eyes, he gave a faint smile to support his declaration.

 

-We already had this conversation hundred times, Yunho cut off, compelling deliberately himself a psychological torture. Two years or two decades, you know that it won't disappear so easily.

-Yunho...

-I have to go to the pier. I have work to do.

 

Ignoring willingly Yoochun's petition and his visible worry, he rushed to his coat and shoes and put them on as fast as possible, letting his friend alone with his fears in the middle of his luxurious apartment.

 

When he reached the outside, he noticed quickly the cars parked around the entrance. Vermin and blood-ers he hated more than anything else. Journalists or paparazzi for most them, waiting for his fall as they dragged his name through the mud.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter