Getting Back to Normal

In the Palm of Your Hands

*Taemin's P.O.V*

A few weeks passed after the trial and I was settling in with my new life, Key-umma and Jong-appa had diligently dealt with all of my relapses and night terrors- the feeling of waking up without having to worry about not jostling wounds that refused to heal or fear making noise to bring my fathers wrath had allowed me to finally feel like I was worth something, and not just a burden and disgrace- they had accepted all of me, like they always had, and it began to get easier to speak and joke around with them, something I could never do before.

I began to go back to the gym, my body begging for physical exercise. The repeated movements and rushes of adrenaline helped me to relax and calm myself. I could lose myself in the rhythm and not think about anything.

Onew-hyung and Minho-hyung had been coming over to the house every chance they got, and had explained, rather sternly, to the gym that I was not to be treated any differently, after all I could still kick all of their butts.

The months began to pass by, and I wondered what my life was going to take me to now.

************************************************************************************

Our old coach had called us back up, and after apologizing profusely to me for a few minutes, asked if we still wanted to spar against his team. I had been hearing a lot of EXO-K the past few months, and the rumors had intrigued me. So a date and time was set up, and we eagerly anticipated the arrival of  our newest challenge, it had been far to long since we had had a good fight.