A Rotuine

In the Palm of Your Hands

*Kai's P.O.V*

The screeching of my alarm clock jolted me out of my peaceful sleep. I slammed my hand down and groaned, rolling over on my stomach. 

"Kai! Get your lazy up! Coach needs to talk to you today." 

Grumbling, I opened my eyes, the weak sunlight filtered in through the opened blinds. "Why does coach need to talk to me?" I yelled back.

The banging and general pandemonium that took place in the morning was all I heard until another voice yelled back. "A new match I think."

I stood up and stretched, my bones popping back into place. Showering and changing, I grabbed an apple and began to jog to the gym. Passing through the familiar streets, I called out greetings and conversations to the different people who I knew. 

The doors to the gym were open and the sounds of normal routines settled heavily around me. I smiled walking through and greeting everybody. The coach was in his normal place, the back ring already occupied by two of the regulars, I watched for a moment as they traded blow after blow, both looking for opportunities. 

Coach looked up and walked over to me. "Mornin' Kai. The new match has to be postponed for a couple day's, one of their members was injured. I already told the other members. I need you to do me a favor."

I was puzzled. "What do you need?"

"Can you run over to their gym and give  this," he handed me a sealed envelope and a small package, "to the leader of their group? His name is Onew, and if they aren't at the gym they are probably at Jonghyun and Key's place. And before you ask me how I know them, I helped coach them before I opened this gym."

I nodded. He gave me the address and I began walking.

Their gym was teeming with life, but as predicted the only one from their group there was a man named Minho. He looked angry at something and was punching the punching bag in front of him with enough force to cause me to flinch. I gingerly asked if he could take me to Onew, and he agreed, looking somewhat relieved, for some reason.

We walked through a busy little subdivision before stopping at an apartment. When we rang the doorbell, quick footsteps sounded before the door was pulled open by a feline looking man. Quick words were exchanged before I was lead into the living room. 

Handing the packages to the man named Onew, I quickly said my condolences for the hurt member. 

The feline and dino looked to each other before walking into another room. Minho walked to Onew and sat down on the couch next to him.

Onew spoke up," Don't worry about Key and Jonghyun, our hurt member is like their own child and our little sibling. Tell your coach thanks and we will pass on the message."

I nodded and walked out. Never registering that they didn't use their members name.