The Newspaper

In the Palm of Your Hands

*Kai's P.O.V*

Waking up, I noticed the house was completely silent, it had been a week since I had given Shinee our coaches letter. I walked, unhurriedly, to the kitchen, where I could hear hushed voices. All of my team was gathered around the old kitchen table, our coach, his face grave, was sitting at the head of the table, a newspaper clutched in his white knuckled hands.

He looked up and regarded me with tear stained eyes, and I was instantly on guard and surprised, I had never seen coach cry, ever. I honestly had thought he wasn't capable of showing that much emotion.

"What's wrong?" I asked, dredging up enough courage, and hoping someone close to us hadn't died.

Coach threw the paper at me, it was open to about the third page, but the headline caught my eye. 

Man Convicted on Abuse Charges

A formal hearing was given to Lee Sonjhyun, age 48, after evidence that he has been abusing his son since an early age. After the evidnece was presented and witnesses called to the stands, the jury and judge came to the decision that he was guilty on all counts, which  include: Child Abuse... ; and it was also proven and shown that he was premeditating his son's murder, which he would have tried to carry out within the next few weeks. His son's friends, who are all of legal age, have come forward to give testimony. Kim Kibum and Kim Jonghyun have also adopted their friend, telling everyone that they were his umma and appa more than his real ones ever had been. Choi Minho and Lee Onew have declined any interviews about their friend, saying that when he is ready he will talk about it, and they didn't want to push him.

Wait, a second, I looked to the coach, my eyes wide, "Their teammate is the person that was being abused? That's why..." I trailed off.

Coach nodded, "No one has seen any of them since the trial yesterday, and no one has seen him since far longer." Coaches head hit his hands, "How could I never see it before, I was literally with them for years, but I could never tell he was abused."

I shook my head, patting coach awkwardly on his shoulder, then I realized something, "Coach what is his name?"

"What?"

"The person from this article, and who you are talking about. I never caught his name."

"Lee Taemin, his name is Lee Taemin."