A Home

In the Palm of Your Hands

*Taemin's P.O.V*

I sat on my new bed, picking at the new comforter, with my chin on my knees. When they found my father's journal and presented that particular  piece of evidence, I started crying. I had always known that my father blamed me for the death of my mother, but I tried, I tried so hard to be the perfect son, the perfect child. I sobbed, my tears staining the blue and purple fabric. 

The door opened and Umma ran in, sweeping me up into his arms, scowling at how easy it was to, and cooing at me, wiping my tears. Appa stood at the door, looking sadly at us before joining us on the bed.

"Why are you crying Tae-baby? Shhh, shh. It's alright. Let's go and eat a little, you are making me think I can't cook well." He wiped my tears and stuck his tongue out at me and for the first time in a while, I giggled. Umma's smile brightened and he gently sat me on my feet."That's it, now what do you want to eat?"

"Rice?" I asked, when he looked at me with a stern look I added, "Chicken?"

He smiled again and led me from the room,puppy -Appa- followed us.

That was the first time we ate as a family, and it will always be ingrained in my mind. Onew and Minho came over as well, and we all sat in the living room just talking and joking. For the first time I could ever remember, I went to bed happy,and without fear.