June 26, 2013

10 Reasons Why

Dear Chanyeol,

 

You were the rainbow after the rain,

 

You know what they say? That there's always a rainbow after the rain. That we might not see it, but someone else did. The point is that, there is. In the end, the rainbow will come. I guess even though you were the rain, you also became my rainbow. Weird, I know.

 

Days after that, I was moping alone at my room. You never called. You never texted.

Regret.

That was what I felt then. I felt that, maybe if I did not cross the line, I would not have been that miserable.. and you would still be with me. Days, Weeks had passed and still no sign of Chanyeol anywhere. I see you at school, but you just nod and give me a little smile, making me aware that you were in fact, avoiding me. Ah, I just want to hit you in the face every time I remember that. Haha. You were such an then, Yeol.

So because you were such a horrible person (or that's what I thought, at least) I did not realize that my birthday was coming. That it was already 25th of October, a day before my birthday. 25th and still no sign of Chanyeol. I spent the whole day with my band, they were whining on how we should chill out but I turned them down. We practiced the whole day till my fingers went numb.

I usually spend my birthdays with you and my family and some of our friends and bandmates. But that year, I thought that it would be different because I thought that you would no longer be there. Different because for the first time in years, I would not here that loud deep voice I grew to love. No one would sing me a happy birthday while everyone's covering their ears, no one would scream a loud 'Happy Birthday' when the clock ticks 12. No one would make the whole damn party happy.

Because for once, you would not be there.

 

The night before was again, spent with tears. As dramatic as it sounds, it did. 'You're an , Park Chanyeol. A ing ' I kept on telling myself as I stare at our pictures together (some of it, with your face doodled. That's how much I despised you then).

Minutes had passed and I fell asleep. It was barely 9pm, as I checked my clock.

 

3 hours later, I was woken up with a noise. A freakin deep voice that sounds so familiar it hurts. Who else? Park ing Chanyeol in his glory was standing beside my bed, holding a cake with a candle in it.

 

My first thought was to cry out of joy.

And the second, was to ing slam the cake right at your smiling face.

 

And I did.

I started cursing the out of you, yelling something like "You dumb you left without notice and ignored me for ing weeks and made me cry and then you showed your --"

And then, I was silenced up with a kiss.

Shocked would be an understatement of what I felt. But above all, happiness. Because I was back at the same embrace I longed for weeks. The taste of your lips matched with the vanilla cake on your face made my knees go weak. And even though I was practically kissing a guy with his face covered with icing, I enjoyed every second of it. Your lips slowly nibbling mine, your tongue teasing my lower lip. Mine, the icing on your lips. It was blissful. One hell of a first kiss, indeed. Not too long, we parted. I laughed at your face (who wouldn't? You were covered with cake for pete's sake!) and you pouted like a cute little puppy.

"You ruined my surprise" you murmured. My conscience hit me, I guess. I muttered an apology and you smiled. The same smile that makes my the freakin butterflies on my stomach go wild.

 

"I love you" you told me. "no, heck- I am in love with you. So so inlove" you added.

Making me confuse than ever. "You.. What?" I asked stupidly.

Hell, I just woke up, saw you standing at the foot of my bed, I slammed the cake in your face and you gave me a freakin long passionate kiss, and then suddenly you told me you're in love with me. I was so close to punching you when you started talking again,

 

"I love you. I love you ever since. I would have said I love you back. But no, I want to be the one to say it first. I'd rather hear you say 'I love you too'. I'm sorry. I'm sorry" or something like that, (It was 12 freakin am then. I vaguely remember the confession, all I remember was the blissful feeling, to be honest) then you kissed me once more, giving light feather kisses on my face.

And then, I was sure.

It was happiness.

It was love.

 

With that, I whispered an "I love you too" on your lips, smiling through the kiss. I realize that the pain was worth it. Without the pain, I wouldn't feel how much I truly love you. How much I was thankful for the rainbow to finally come. It was my best birthday ever.

 

P.S Your contagious and happy self made me smile again and again. You were my rainbow, Yeol. You were the happiness after the rain. The rain will soon be over for you, and after that, someone will come to give you your own rainbow. Don't close your eyes. See the rainbow, and with that, you would be happy.

Love,

Han Seul