April 26, 2013

10 Reasons Why

 

Dear Chanyeol,
 
You were my prince.
 
 
Prom night is probably every senior girl's dream night. It was also mine.
 
You see, I already admitted my feelings for you then. I realize that maybe, what I was feeling then was more than what a bestfriend was supposed to feel for her bestfriend. So with a smile, I admitted to myself that 'I love Chanyeol', and I told myself that since you don't have a girlfriend during that time, I will finally admit my feelings for you. 
 
A week before that, you asked me to be your date.
 
The day before that, you reminded me that you're going to pick me up at my house at around 7pm for our 'date' (despite the fact that we live literally next to each other)
 
And that day, started as a disaster.
 
 
I woke up with a headache because I was too damn excited about the said prom that I wasn't able to get enough sleep. When I checked myself at the mirror, there was this one big damned pimple right on the middle of my left cheek. I literally freaked out. The size of it cannot be hidden with a concealer, that, I was sure of. I told my mom about it and she laughed at me, telling me it will be okay because the prom's at night so no one would notice it.
 
But it was not.
 
That time, you were already training under the biggest company in South Korea, SM Entertainment. The fact itself, made you twice hotter in the eyes of our schoolmates. I had to look beautiful, that's what I kept on telling myself.
 
 
Fate was really against me then.
 
My dress just had to be a size smaller for me. (Which was my fault, I kind of gained weight. But hey, I was so damn frustrated then that for me, it was fate's fault) I had to ask help from my mother to zip it up for me while she was laughing so hard at her daughter's misfortune. I zipped it up, but I had to control my breathing or else I might ruin it more.
 
The make-up artist my mom hired just had to have an emergency. At the day of my prom, nonetheless. I wanted to cry when mom told me this, telling me it wasn't my lucky night. I had to call my cousin who's a decent fashionista to ask her to help me with my make-up and all. Glad she agreed, but still it wasn't the best if a real make artist did it. And she wasn't able to hide the huge hideous pimple on my cheek.
 
And to make matters worst, the perfect shoes I bought weeks before that was unfortunately cheap in material (although I spent a fortune for it just to make myself look good for you) had to have its heel damaged the moment I stepped in it (to which my dad gave his stupid remark saying I was too heavy for it). And that was the last straw, I had no choice but to wear the old 2-inches stilleto that I have. Oh, let's add it in my misfortunes, I was barely 5'3 in height.. so the heels didn't help either, considering you were a giant. 
 
When you came in my house, dressed elegently in your coat.. I ended up crying. I was so devasted. You were stunning and I was a trash next to you but then.. you stared at me, and told me 'Woa, you're beautiful' I turned my gaze upward to meet your eyes, and I can see right through you. It wasn't a sarcastic comment. You were really adoring me. I pulled you into a hug. (To which my parents teased us, saying it was too dramatic for a prom night) You made me love you even more by that simple words, Yeol.
 
When we arrived, it was expected that every female stared at you. Even the guy stared at us, I think they were giving you envious stares. Your height made yourself stand out in the crowd of people, and add in your charisma and boom- perfect combination. I felt so little that I had to clutch your arm tighter to give myself assurance that you were still beside me. You chuckled and wrapped your arms around my shoulder, telling me to relax. But Yeol, when you're walking with the hottest guy in the campus while you looked like a trash, one could not just relax. 
 
The dance started, I wasn't surprised when you asked me to dance. I mean, of course I was your date it was your duty to dance with me but what surprised me was the fact that you only danced with me. You did not dance with anyone else. Just me. For the rest of the night. There were girls who were brave enough and asked you if you would want to dance with them, but you politely declined, saying you wouldn't dance with anyone but me the entire night. The girls glared at me, but I couldn't care less. I was in cloud nine. 
 
Before the night ends, we were standing at the furthest corner of the room near the exit, the MC announced the Prom King and Queen. Of course, the queen wasn't me. It was one of your many ex girlfriends. When the king was announced, I was kind of expecting it would be you and I was thankful we were sitting away from other people so it wouldn't be that awkward when you have to stand up to walk to the stage.. but that did not happen. You sneakily pulled me to the exit, as if your name wasn't called. The MC repeatedly called your name and I can hear our schoolmates whispering, but we were outside already. 
 
I asked you why you did it and you told me that, "I told you, I will only dance with you tonight. If I step in that stage I would have no choice but to dance with her". I was touched, so I smiled at you and muttered thanks. You told me that you were sorry because we weren't able to finish the prom, and said that you have an idea. With the faint music that can barely be heard to where we were standing, you pulled me into an embrace as we sway along the music. 
 
It was a perfect night, indeed.
 
That night, I realize how much I really love you, my prince. 
 
 
P.S
Any girl would love to be swept off their feet by their prince, Chanyeol. Find your princess, your happy ending awaits you.