February 26, 2013

10 Reasons Why

 

Dear Chanyeol,
 
 
You taught me all the good things in this world.
 
 
You know how they say that mothers are our first teacher? Guess in my case, it would be you.
 
No, not that you taught me how to walk or talk. It's more than that. You taught me important things that made me who I am right now.
 
Back then girls and boys our age flock around you and follow you every where you go. They want to share tables with you. They want to play and hang out with you because you were our happy virus. You made everyone smile by your mere presence and the shy and quiet girl I was, you taught me how to make friends.
 
Slowly, I started to open up with people with your help. The quiet and shy Han Seul became friendly as well, made new friends, and started to hang out with girls. I was really thankful for your help back then, Yeol. If not for you and your constant nagging, maybe I am still the isolated girl who has no friends. 
 
I guess out of all the things you have taught me (including the not-so-nice things like getting us arrested because you decided to be a little idiot that you chased me while we were in a super market, making me stumble on my steps and accidentally push a lady who pushed another man, making a domino effect- or that one time you TRIED to teach me swimming when you, yourself, don't know how to swim that you almost killed the both of us and many many more stupid things that I would not include here because this was supposed to be a letter expressing my gratitude and mentioning how great you are) the guitar lesson was the best. 
 
Our first project in music class back when we were in grade school was to play a simple song using a guitar and as much I don't want to boost your ego by saying you're a gifted musician, I'll say it anyway. So yea, you volunteered yourself to teach me how to play a guitar. At first, it was annoying. You kept on laughing at my voice, saying insensitive things like "Oh my god your voice is deeper than mine!" or "Wow you at not just singing, but at everything that includes music" and many more, making me want to just punch you in the face. But as time went by, I did not notice that we spent almost the whole day practicing. At the end of the day, I have mastered the song and I was so happy I kissed you on the cheek! I was surprised, butso were you. You blushed (You so did, don't deny it!) and made me laugh. That day, I realized that I may have a little crush on you. Hey, we were in grade school. A little crush was a big deal then!
 
That little guitar incident opened up more opportunities for me. Who would have thought that I would enjoy playing it, and I even became a decent guitarist because of that. I have never told you this, but you were my inspiration, Chanyeol. Everytime I play the guitar, I remember you. How you constantly tell me what finger should I use, or how my  strumming should match the rhthym of the song. Every time I play the guitar, I imagine you sitting beside me, playing it as well. It served as a symbol for me. That you were not just a friend, you were also my teacher. 
 
Remember my first guitar recital? I was so nervous back then. I didn't know what to do that I want to back out and go back to my room to hide or something.. but then, I saw you sitting on the front seat of the audience. You were smiling the whole time and when you saw me peaking from the back stage, you mouthed a simple 'fighting!' and that alone, gave me enough courage to stand infront of the 300 crowd and play the piece I prepared. A guitar solo, and it was dedicated for you. I just didn't had the courage to tell you, but it was. It was my thank you gift for you, Yeol. Because of you, I knew what my worth in life was. I knew that I have a talent. That whenever I play guitar, I can make people smile by the music. I may not have reached a long run when it comes to it, but it was all for you. If not for you, I wouldn't be able to express my self through music. 
 
For that, I thank you. 
 
 
P.S
I always knew you love playing in a band, Yeollie. 
Spread your wings, Yeol. Learn new things. Experience life. And more importantly, share all these to others. Insipire them the way you inspired me. 
 
Love,
Hanseul