oo3

Tabloid

 

 

Happy hump day! Wednesday couldn't have come at a better time. This week Jokwon has to leave early because of a wedding he has to attend, so everyone in the office get's to leave at three! Isn't that grand?

This morning started off a bit slow, with all of the failed research I had to show Jokwon. A few days after we're given an assignment he asks to see how much we've collected to see if we are going in the right direction with our article. 

I walked into the office and held on to my notebook with a harsh grip, trying to calm my nerves. For all I know it was probably making them worse. He motioned for me to sit down in the black leather chair in front of his desk. I did so and handed him my notes. 

He looked at what little I had written down and then back up at my face which I'm sure was just reading uneasiness. 

After he cleared his throat, I tried to smile. He set the notebook on his dark oak desk. "Kyungmi, do you remember what I had written on the letter?" 

"Yes."

"Then can you explain to me what this is?" He poked the notes, which provoked my nerves. 

"Look. If you were so concerned for me why did you give me an impossible topic?" I said, trying not to sound snappy. It didn't work, his face hardened. 

"Look, it's not my choice to fire you."

"Not your choice my foot!" I hopped from my chair and found myself standing. I took a deep breath and apologized as I took my seat once again. "You can't tell me if it's your choice. You're the manager."

"You know that meeting I'm sending you to? The one in Gangnam?" He stared in my eyes. "If you don't make a good impression, it won't be my choice. You have to tell people who you are, and your past articles."

What? Is he kidding? If I tell anybody about what I have written in the past, they will surely throw me aside like old garbage! 

"You have got to be joking with me." I say, not believing what I'm hearing. "Everybody knows about the companies terrible articles! No matter where they come from!"

"That's why I'm sending you, so that you can try to redeem yourself instead of getting somebody do it for you." I took a deep breath and tried to ease the tension in my hands which have subconsciously formed fists. I guess I can see the point in that, but still. I have a right to be upset still - don't I?

"I appreciate the opportunity." I managed to squeak through my teeth. I take another deep breath and open my mouth to speak again. 

"Here." He shoved my notes at me, his face was a bit hard and his voice was rather cold. "Take them. I'm done with them for now."

Oh, no no no no no no no. NO. You, sir, shall not get the last word. I, have done nothing wrong. Despite these naggy thoughts I have, I forced the sweetest smile I could and resisted from snatching the notes from his hand and bonking him on the head with them. Instead I just calmly took them from his hands and turned out of his office.

Dear God, am I even able to do anything right anymore? Oh, what am I saying. Of course I am! That wasn't the least bit my fault. It was his, must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Poor Jokwon, he could probably use a coffee as well. Like hell I'd get one for him though. 

 

 

Finally, it's noon. I'm just heading to Nara's ice cream shop, on the invitation to that meeting in Gangnam I had it said I could bring a plus one. I want to bring her, she'd freak if she got to see Infinite in person. The shop was a bit slower today than usual, I walked in and the only people in there was that old couple. 

She immediately smiled and started scooping me my usual. "Well good afternoon!" I say smiling.

"Hey! How did Jokwon take your notes? Are you fired?" She plopped a scoop of ice cream into a cream colored bowl. 

I told her last night how terrified I was, and that if I loose my job we'd have to be living off of her ice cream funds for a while. And trust me, that would be more than impossible. 

"Well, I'm not fired. But I was about ready to throw a hot cappuccino in his face." I let out a  sigh. He doesn't even deserve that.

I told her what happened, every word of it - even what I had said to defend myself. Everything from when he told me I needed to 'redeem' myself. Gosh, what a little man, telling me to redeem myself. Look at me, I'm thinking about it again. There's no way I can get over it if I keep thinking about it.

Anyway, she reacted just as I thought she would have - by almost dropping my ice cream on the floor. 

"He said what?" Her facial expression read the words perfectly. "He has no right! After all, he did say that he wasn't in-charge of firing anybody! And to think, sending somebody to a place to where they know they would be bashed." She shook her head. 

"I know! That's why, I want you to come with me." I said, smiling sweetly. I know that she wants to go, but long car rides make her sick, which is something that we both don't want.

She gave me a 'are you serious?' look, and I nodded my head. Her face brightened up and I could tell she was refraining from jumping up and down. Whenever we go to Gangnam we always hit the more high class shops before we head home, we are both hopelessly addicted shop-a-holics. Especially in Gangnam. 

I looked to my watch. Blast, I'll be late back to work if I stay much longer. I said my goodbyes, and I felt a happy feeling in my stomach when I left the shop. I just made someone happy, I could just tell that the rest of the day was going to go rather smoothly.

 

As soon as I got back to the office, I was greeted by three unfamiliar faces. They all looked about my age, but also looked rather confused. 

"Excuse me, do you need any help?" I asked. They looked at me, probably wondering why a person their age was working here, but then the tallest spoke up. 

"Uhm, we're here for Jokwon. We're the new interns."

Interns? Bloody interns? That man is already looking for replacements! This is unfair! The meeting isn't until next week! But, I guess it's also unfair to take it out of them, of course. They haven't pushed any of my buttons yet. I still have to be nice to them, until I get the feeling that one is trying to take my job, of course. 

I forced a smile, hoping it didn't look forced. "Well, I'll show you to his office. Right this way." 

I walked them into our workspace and into his office. I knocked on his a door (maybe a bit to hard) and led them in. 

"Jokwon? You're new interns are here." He looked up from his desk at me. 

"Ah, thanks Kyungmi." He motioned for the three to take a seat. "Why don't you stay a bit as well?" 

"No thank you. Apparently I have some work to do." I gave him a glare and turned out of the office and into the main office area. I sat down at my desk and sighed at my actions. I mean, he deserved it. Didn't he? Yes, yes he was. Then when he asked me if I wanted to stay while he prepped his interns. Those bloody interns, for god sake, bloody Jokwon! How could that man. 

At least I get to leave in two hours, and then I can go back to the apartment and rant to Nara about this, ahem, man.