oo2

Tabloid

 

Tuesday here I come!

I have to admit, I feel a lot better about today rather than yesterday. The drive to the office seemed much shorter, and everybody seemed to be in a great mood this morning. I gave a bright smile to Jokwon as I plopped myself down at my desk.

I took out my notebook and pen and placed them by my key board. After I hit the power button on my computer I started doing some research. Only, it was a bit more difficult that I had thought it would be.

There is literally nothing on the girlfriend rumor. The only thing I found on it was a photo of him and a girl from Girls Generation giving each other a hug on Music Bank, but the problem is that it's from a few years ago. I looked and looked for something but fell short each time.

I wonder why there's no information on it. Was Jokwon messing with me? Nah, not Jokwon. He wouldn't do something like this to me, no matter how much I deserved it. We went to high school together, with him being a grade or so older than me of course. He was captain of the football team, and I played soft ball. When I would be heading out to the field to hit some balls with Nara for fun, he and his team mates would always make fun of my pink bat. What can I say? It was cute and always helped me hit a great ball. 

Alright, back to research. Aish, where do I go from here? What am I saying, from where? I looked down at my notepad, which was supposed to be filled with websites and evidence, but was a plain shade of white. Didn't my assignment also include a rumor on Myungsoo leaving the group? I guess I'll look that up. 

I typed 'Myungsoo leaving Infinitein the search engine. A few websites popped up this time. To be honest I would rather have him have a girlfriend, rather than leave the group. Infinite just wouldn't be the same without him. I clicked on the first link. 

The website was some girls own page on one of those 'make your own website for free' sites. The background was black and all of the writing in white, my eyes were straining to read the words. 

So, by now I'm sure all of you have heard the rumor on L leaving Infinite. I just wanted to tell you that it isn't true at all. Myungsoo is too big of a part of the group to even start thinking about leaving. Besides, the company wouldn't let him anyways. 

What? The company can deny an idol leaving? I wrote this down. 

You all know Onew from SHINee? Well, he desperately wants to leave SM. No, I'm not kidding. But unfortunately he has an [almost] lifetime contract with the company which states that by no means can he transfer companies, or leave. Well truth be told, Myungsoo has the same deal with Woolim Entertainment. Believe it or not, he can't even leave if the band looses popularity. He'll work as a comedian or something. Imagine, L as a comedian. Uhm, no. 

Is this lady serious right now? He's never allowed to leave Woolim? He basically has a death contract with an entertainment company. This can't be right. I clicked out of the page and then clicked on the next link that came up in the search engine. 

No! L can't be leaving Infinite! I won't let him! 

Aish, just a rant paragraph by some fan girl. I clicked on the third result. This website actually looked pretty legit. The layout was very professional with a lot of class. Plus, I didn't have to squint to read the writing. 

Sometimes I wonder what makes an Idol want to leave a company. I mean, why would you ever? You have tons of adoring fans, who would die for you and to be you. Preforming at your own concert is a dream to some, but only a reality for idols. So my question is why leave? Why leave all of the fame and fans to go back to your old life, when no body knew who you were? How can you live your life knowing no body is watching?

I know for a fact that almost all of you have heard the rumor of Myungsoo leaving Infinite, because wherever I look online I always see something about it (Where is this girl looking? I can't find a thing.). I did some extensive research on the topic, and came to a final conclusion. Myungsoo does want to leave Woolim, but can't. He is under a life long contract with the company. Everybody has heard the stories of what he wants to do once he retires, but from what I found it's just a cover-up. 

My heart started to beat faster. Is this actually true? No, it can't be. Why would L want to leave, what with all of his loyal fans? Alright, just one more link. This time it took me to someone's tumblr page. 

Hello everybody! I have a new topic for today. Infinite. More specifically, Myungsoo from Infinite. 

So rumor has it that he desperately wants to leave his company and go live his life and blah blah blah. Well, it's not true. By any means. He loves his job, you can tell by that smile he gives when he's on stage performing, or is on a variety show talking about s. It is not true, TRUST ME. Myungsoo loves where he is and would never want to leave. 

Oh god, not again. The last time I had conflictive research was when I had a mob at my apartment. That was the last time I was doing an article on Taeyang's girlfriend rumor. 

I wrote the information down from all three sites and closed my notebook. What did I get today? Another load of inconclusive research. God, I hate stuff like this. And this time my job depends on this next issue. If I screw up Jokwon is going to give me the boot. Not what I want. 

 

 

For lunch I decided to just skip it and do a little shopping around town. Jokwon has me signed up to go on a three day trip to Gangnam for a press conference with the magazine's owner. So I just must find something new to wear. 

As I walk down the street, it seems oddly empty. That could be because it's midday on a Tuesday. I walk in to this small shop that me and Nara are always in on the weekends, I swear we could live in here. It's a little place called Twenty One Lights and it has the cutest shoes and skirts and other things that you need for a press conference. 

The tall lady behind the counter greeted me and smiled, in which I returned with a wave. We've been in here so many times that we know who's working and who had been fired and when the new shipments are coming in and all that jazz. I immediately walked to the section in the back that always has all of the more dressy-like things in the shop. I was looking through a rack of really cute cardigans when I overheard a conversation between a consumer who was being rang up and the cashier. 

"Are you serious? They'll be here?" The woman asked, her voice getting shrill from what I'm guessing is excitement. 

"Well, not here exactly. But they're going to one of our co-shops in Gangnam for a fan meet." The cashier swiped her credit card and the machine made a beeping noise. 

"Oh my! I'll be coming back soon. I just have to get something to wear when I see them!" I turned my head slightly to find the customer smiling so wide it went from ear to ear. Who's going to Gangnam?

By the end of my shopping I had picked up an adorable pink peplum skirt and a new black blazer to wear. I guess I shopped kind of quickly, something just made me want to know why that woman was so excited. 

I laid my two items down on the counter and smiled to the cashier. "So, who's going to Gangnam?" I ask, biting the bullet. 

"Ah, you overheard that? She was quite excited, I'm pretty sure people down the street could hear her." She let out a small laugh and took the hanger off of my blazer. "Well, supposedly Infinite is supposed to be having a 'secret' fan meet sometime next week."

Infinite, huh? How convenient. "What do you mean secret?"

"They aren't really telling anybody. They're sending out emails to a few people and telling them to tell their friends and so on." I handed her my money.

"Do you know if you can still go even if you haven't been invited?"

"Well, it looks like she is so why can't you?" She smiled and handed me my glossy blue bag that held my new clothes. 

"Thank you." I say. I left the shop with a smile on my face. Maybe I won't get mobbed this time around.