oo4

Tabloid

 

 

Three o'clock came at just the right time. I was so sick and tired of Jokwon, and everybody in the office asking me about what had happened I was so relieved to get out of the office that I think I nearly ran. It wasn't until four that Nara got out of work, so I spent the entire time making tea and flipping through a magazine. 

I kicked my feet up on the coffee table and started looking through the magazine. It was one of those one's that you see fourteen year old girls carrying around that have fashion tips and gossip about their idols and such. I find them quite amusing (not to mention the rather great color scheme tips they include). This weeks issue was on none other than Infinite. Well they're becoming quite a trendy subject now aren't they?

There was a column on their latest song 'Man In Love' and how they thought that it related to the girlfriend rumor. This, I haven't thought of. I sprang up to get my bag and took out my notepad (don't think about Jokwon, don't think about Jokwon) and quickly scribbled down the information and the websites that they had gotten the info from. I sat back in our squashy purple couch and took a deep breath, feeling quite content with myself. I took a sip of tea and turned the page to look at my horoscope.

 

It was around 4:15 when Nara came in the door, her cheeks red from the sudden chilly weather. She nearly jumped out of her socks when she saw me on the couch. 

"What are you doing home! Tell me you didn't get fired!" Nara said, dropping her bag by the door and rushing over to me on the couch. She took the seat next to me and sat with her legs crossed and faced me. 

I snickered. This girl, always thinking that I'm fired. "No, I did not get fired." I assured her. "I must have forgot to tell you about Jokwon's meeting, he let everyone go at three."

"And you didn't come to see me!?" She whined, patting her knees. She took a pillow and placed it on her legs as she opened the magazine that I had read. 

"To do what? Sit and wait for that elderly couple to finish their ice cream?"

"Well I could have used some company." She pouted, flipping another page. 

"I would have given it away though. I wanted to tell you here." I smiled. I looked at her face, it was a mixture of confusion and excitement. 

"Kyungmi, what did you do?" She asked, as if I were some sort of toddler who had hid the car keys from their parents. 

"Nothing! Gosh." I scoffed. "I just have some good news is all." 

"Well are you going to tell me or what?" She shut the magazine and looked at me. Even her eyes were asking me to spill. 

"Okay, okay. So you know when. . . " I started to giggle. I guess it was just to exciting that it was hard for me to even repeat. "You know when I went to go get that skirt and blazer? Well, there was a lady there and she was talking to the register lady about someone going to Gangnam."

She stared at me blankly. "So?"

"Well when I went to the front desk to pay for my stuff, I asked the lady who was going to Gangnam."

Again, another blank look, jeeze. Can nothing impress this girl? "So?"

"Well," I start, but end up giggling again. "Infinite."

Her jaw dropped. Now that's more like it. "I-Infinite. Like, the Infinite? How come no one has heard of this yet? Omo Infinite's coming to Gangnam!" She was in full-on fangirl mode. Only when I talk about Infinite. I noticed her expression change, I knew she had realized the obvious. "Wait, you have a press conference in Gangnam next week, don't you?"

I had to hold back more giggling. "Yes." I barely was able to make out. "Would you like to come with me?"

Her jaw dropped and the next thing I knew I had her arms wrapped around me and I felt her hugging me tighter. "Oh Kyungmi, you're the best!" She squeezed me tighter.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes."


✐✐✐✐✐✐

 

It's nearly eleven and since Nara's already to bed, I'm awake by myself. I think I've read this magazine about three times now, and I can't believe I didn't see that connection.

                 
                  "When we had one of our star reporters interview Infinite
                          for our last issue, she asked some pretty personal questi-
                          ons, including ones about girls. At first the boys seemed

                          pretty flustered at the idea, all but Myungsoo oddly en-
                          ough. When we asked them if any of them had a girlfr-
                          iend, for a split second she said that she had seen Dong-
                          woo glance over to Myungsoo. A little suspicious, no?
                          Also, suspicious enough, when she had asked them ab-
                          out their comeback with 'Man In Love', Myungsoo adm-
                          itted that he was able to sing his part with so much pas-
                          ssion because he was able to actually feel what the lyri-
                          cs read. . ."


Is it really true? To be honest, my head is going in all directions at the moment. This is the problem with Journalism. When you get that one story, that one that you actually care about, you let it get inside your brain. It's like I'm living life alongside L (not that I would mind), except I'm a few chapters behind.

It actually gets frustrating too. When you believe that you have the info, and then it's like it out of no where, it's false.

Okay, well that one may be more me than other reporters.

I seriously need to calm down and go sleep unless I want to have dark circles when I go to see Infinite.

I swear, it almost sounds. . . unreal.

 

 

 

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Authors Note;

W e l l  h e l l o  t h e r e  m y  l i t t l e  d u m p l i n g s . : )
How have you been? I have a little update for you. I hope you like it^^
What do you think will happen next? Is the Infinite rumor false? Or will
Kyungmi finally have a story that will impress Jokwon?
I know, stupid questions- but I'm trying to create suspense (fail)
Anyways, I hope you liked it! Please feel free to comment! I makes my
day.

                            ☺