First

Moonless Nights

"I... I..." the man stammered, both of them wide eyed and blushing. "I'm sorry, I..." he mumbled as his eyes shifted left and right, his mind spinning, trying to figure out something to say, something to do.

 

Taemin's hand flew to his lips, and he scooted away from Minho, blushing deeper than the man and looking down. "It... It's okay, hyung..." he finally murmured behind his hand, slowly lowering it to his lap. "It's my turn to help with lunch today, so I'm going to head to the kitchen. I'm sure one of the other guys will be back here in just a few moments," the boy said softly as he left the bed, bowing before quickly exiting the room.

 

Minho waited a few moments to lie back on the bed, stretching out slowly. He rolled over a few times, not sure what to do with himself now that Taemin was gone. While he was considering exploring the house on his own and risking uncovering some terrible secret or something, the door flew open and he sat up quickly, face paling when he saw how furious Kibum seemed to be, and Minho had no idea why.

 

"You..." the chestnut haired man growled, seething as he elongated the vowels of the one word. "You stole my baby's first kiss," Kibum practically hissed, Jonghyun hot on his tails and panting as he rested on the door frame.

 

"That was..." Minho gaped, squeaking as Kibum slammed the door shut once he and Jonghyun were inside. "I didn't know... He said that it was o-... Oh god..." he stammered and moved as far away as he could without leaving the bed. His back hit the wall at the moment he saw Kibum's fangs start slowly sliding out.

 

Jonghyun ran his hand through his blonde tipped hair. "Baby come on," he tried and placed his hand on Kibum's arm. "He's not stupid enough to do anything bad, Kibum please," he bit his lip when his hand was shaken off.

 

"I warned you, Choi Minho, I warned you very clearly," Kibum said lowly, still approaching. He climbed onto the bed with a feline grace, accented further by his catlike eyes, crawling closer yet to Minho. "You smell absolutely terrified, good."

 

Minho shook his head, whimpering as the fear grew larger and larger. I'm going to die. Oh my god, I'm going to die. It was just a kiss, seriously. Well if it was his fi- but still...

 

The door flew open once more and all eyes turned to the doorway, even Kibum's darkened ones.

 

"I will never forgive you, Kim Kibum," Minho heard a familiar voice say with the most conviction in those words he had ever heard someone use. Taemin closed the door gently, then glared at the older vampire on the bed with Minho. "Don't you dare even touch him," the boy ordered as he circled the bed, soon joining them on the soft blanket.

 

Minho was left dumbstruck, not sure what was going on now. Shouldn't Taemin be angry with him as well? Kibum was so pissed about Taemin's first kiss and now the boy himself was in there to defend the man who had stolen it?

 

"I'm a big boy," Taemin continued, slowly and gently pushing Kibum's chest and moving him away from Minho. "I'm not some medieval princess whose virtue is in need of protection, so back the off," he glowered at the still fuming vampire. Jonghyun managed to catch Minho's gaze and gave him a look that said he was just as confused.

 

"Tae-"

 

"Shh. You need to not talk quite yet, Master," the youngest male whispered to cut off the man. He slowly pushed Minho down onto the bed, trailing his nose up the side of his neck gently, and Minho expected there to be another sudden pain from Taemin's fangs pushing through his skin. No one expected his next move. Taemin pulled up with a smirk, then crashed his lips against Minho's firmly, kissing him messily, but then again he didn't have a clue what he was doing.

 

When he finished and pulled up, a bit of Taemin's blush was back and he had to concentrate hard to be able to speak again. "I believe, Minho, that I just saved your life."