The Biggest Question

Forever Love

 

Amber was still leaning on her favourite tree. Will she come today? It's almost dawn. Nevermind. I'll wait longer.

 

She blew her flute again and the breeze came along. She had been playing a new song since afternoon. She made it. A song. A love song for her lover. For Kim Hyunah. After yesterday incident, she just could not stop thinking of Kim Hyunah. She remembered Hyunah's wet face after being soaked by the heavy rain. She remembered Hyunah's goddess-like face and features. She remembered when Hyunah confessed her love. She remembered when their body united as one.

 

She stopped playing the flute. Her heart was beating like mad.  She was blushing hard. She touched her lips. She wanted to feel Hyunah's lips again hers again.

 

Suddenly, she heard a faint voice. A familiar voice. She turned around just to find her lover running towards her, in tears.

 

"Amber!" Hyunah threw her arms around Amber and continue to cry.

 

Amber was so confused. "Hyunah, what happened? Why are you crying?"

 

"Just… let me hug you for awhile. Please." Hyunah pleaded. Her embrace went tighter.

 

Amber gave in. She patted Hyunah's head. She couldn't do anything right now. She needed Hyunah to calm down first.

 


 

"Would you tell me now?" Amber sat down beside Hyunah. Hyunah had calm down but she still had tears in her eyes.

 

Hyunah turned to face Amber. She caressed her lover's face. She looked straight at Amber's hazel eyes. "Do you love me, Amber?"

 

Amber took Hyunah's hand and squeezed it. "Of course, I do, silly." Amber meant every words.

 

"Then take me away with you. Away to other place. Only the two of us. Please take me away. I don't want to live here anymore."

 

"But why? You have your family here. They'll be sad if you leave them." I don't understand anything, Hyunah.

 

Hyunah closed her ears. "Don't talk about my family! I hate it!" Tears were spilled again.

 

Amber took Hyunah's hand. "Tell me what actually happened, Hyunah. Please tell me so I could help you."

 

Hyunah took a deep breath before she spoke up. She told Amber everything about the earlier incident in her house. From the player Joon, the basket of pearls, the visit of her mother to the player's resident, and lastly, the marriage.

 

Amber couldn't hide her disappointment. Her face went to the darkest it could went. It was like her body was torn into pieces.

 

Hyunah started crying again. "That's why I want to go away with you. I don't want to stay here anymore."

 

Amber stood up. Her feet felt weak. She could hardly breathe.

 

"No, Hyunah. We can't." Amber finally spoke after a long silence between them.

 

Hyunah stood up as well. "Why not?"

 

"What would people talk about you and your family if we run away? You're in a well-known family, Hyunah. Remember that."

 

"But they're forcing me to marry someone I don't love. I don't even know him. I only know that he's a famous player with women. I don't love him. I love you." Hyunah hugged Amber from the back.

 

Amber's heart softened. Her turned around and kissed Hyunah's forehead. "And I love you, too. But both of us are… you know… female." Amber said the last word with fading tone.

 

Hyunah released her hug. She looked at her lover. "I know that. We're both female but we love each other. That's what matter now." Hyunah stopped awhile. "Marry me."

 

Amber was taken aback. "Marry you?"

 

"Yes. Marry me." Hyunah emphasized again.

 

"But our customs forbid same gender marriage."

 

"Then take me away with you. We'll start our life at other foreign place that has only the two of us. We'll get married there."

 

Amber shook Hyunah's body. "Are you out of your mind? You know we can't do that. Your family will hunt us."

 

Hyunah bit her lower lips. "You're just a coward, Kuo Amber! A total coward!"

 

Hyunah ran from Amber. She left Amber. Why are you making me hurting more, Amber?

 

"Hyunah! Hyunah!" Amber tried to run after her but Hyunah was nowhere to be seen anymore. She didn't have the courage to chase Hyunah.

 

Amber fell on her knees. Maybe I'm really a coward.

 

Why did I forget about our customs? Why did I forget the fact that both of us are female? Why did you fall in love with me? Why did I fall in love with you? Why fate let the two of us to meet? Just why?

 

Warm liquids were spilled out of her eyes.

 


 

I'm sorry for the late update. My life is such a mess lately. Just like this chapter is. =(

I don't have to comment on this chapter coz I'm leaving it to you guys.

'Til next chapter! Byeyeom!

p/s: I can't wait for INFINITE and TEEN TOP comeback! T^T TEENFINITE for laifu! >.<