Detective Miyavi meets Ruki

Bad Luck, Good Luck

Second Chapter: Detective Miyavi meets Ruki

Next day Reita ended up bringing the food to Kai again. He was the only one who wasn't too busy at the moment and besides, after he had told his friend and colleague Takanori about the annoying hostage who does nothing but smiles innocently and hugs, the short male had decided Reita would take the food for rest of the week. Sometimes Matsumoto Takanori was too sadistic towards his friends.

In any way, when Reita entered the room where they kept Kai, he was almost tackled by the high school-student who hugged him tightly.

"What the ?! Get off me, idiot!" Reita yelled and tried to keep the food on the tray. Kai muttered an apologize and withdrew from the blonde quickly.

Reita handed over the tray without saying anything and was about to leave, but once again Kai grabbed his arm and asked if he could stay for just a little while. Reita turned around and Kai winced at his glare a little, loosing his grasp from the older male.

Reita pushed him against a wall painfully and the raven let out a startled whimper. He looked at Reita with scared eyes and tried to push him away - without any success, of course.

"What the is wrong with you? You've been kidnapped. You're lucky you have a bed and a bathroom and you can move around the room freely. You're lucky we don't feed you ing dogs' food! And still you act like I was some kind of butler?! Do you have any idea how stupid that is?!" Reita shouted angrily. Kai whimpered again and closed his eyes in fear.

"You... are the most pathetic little kid I've ever seen. I. ing. Hate. You. You got that? Don't even try to look at me with those puppy eyes or smile that 'cute' smile. I hate you and I will never feel anything else towards you", Reita hissed, not noticing the tears forming in the younger's eyes.

"I- I'm sorry..." Kai whispered quietly, panicking as his voice cracked. Reita was seriously scary. What had he thought when he asked him to stay yesterday? Why was he such an idiot?

"P- Please... don't hurt me", Kai sobbed. Reita loosened his grip from his shoulder a little. He hadn't realized he had made the other cry. But as if he cared. As he had said before, Kai was just a pathetic little kid. And he hated him.

"Shut the up", the blonde muttered. He dropped the tray on the floor, making a terrible voice. After the tray had hit the floor, only Kai's sobs broke the silence. Reita punched his stomach and then left, leaving the other cry in the room. He didn't care. Yesterday was just a horrible mistake. He shouldn't have stayed and spoil the kid.

As the door was slammed shut, Kai continued crying even more. He sunk on the floor and hugged his knees. He should've known. He should've known Reita was like that. But still, the pain in his stomach didn't match the mental pain that stung his body. As if a rain had washed away every positive feeling in Kai.

"Tears take the happiness away with them. When you're sad, don't let the sadness take a control. Remember every positive thing, every single one of them. Never give up."

His mother's words ringed in his head. But how could he think positive? He had been kidnapped, punched in his stomach and being yelled at. And it was certain he wouldn't be saved from the white room he was being locked in. For the first time in ten years, the sadness took a control of him. It felt cold. Like he was dead.

He didn't know why he felt this just now. Why hadn't he felt it yesterday when he woke up in the unfamiliar bed? Why hadn't he felt it when lose his conciousness at the night he had been kidnapped? Because that time he still had hope. But maybe the fact someone had just told him he hated him made him lose the happiness. The hope.

Kai glanced at the tray two feet away from him. The food had spread on the floor and the water was pooling on the floor. He noticed that the glass that had held the water was broken, shattered on the floor.

Kai never imagined himself doing this kind of stuff, but he reached to the shattered pieces of glass and picked up the one that looked the sharpest. Tears were still floating on his face when he rose his arm and held the sharp piece of glass just an inch away from his wrist.

He closed his eyes and pressed the glass into his flesh, starting the deep cut. He moved the glass, making the wound even larger. He saw the crimson blood dripping to the floor. Cutting seemed to take the mental pain away. But it didn't take long until the raven realized what he'd done.

He had been in a charity to help kids stop doing this. He had always hated cutting. He had always hated how people hurt themselves. And yet he did it to himself too.

He started to feel disgusting. The mental pain came back and the new physical one hit his left hand. It hurt. He wanted to cry. But he couldn't anymore. He was too shocked.

"What the do you think you're doing?" Kai heard an angry voice above him. Startled, he looked up and saw Reita with another tray of food, which he placed on the floor - this time without breaking any glasses or ruining the food. The blonde bent down and took the younger's hand in his.

"Are you out of your freaking mind?!" he asked loudly. Kai winced and said nothing. The wound was still bleeding and there was so much blood Kai was about to faint. Why the hell had he done that?

"Wait here and don't move", Reita said and left. The door was wide open and Kai knew he could be able to escape now. But if he got caught, he didn't even want to imagine what Reita would do. So he just sat there and continued sobbing. If there was a time when he wanted to die, it would be now.

It didn't take long for Reita to come back with some stuff to treat Kai's cut and clean up the blood and food.

"Seriously, you're just full of trouble..." Reita muttered as he wrapped the wound with a clean white bandage. Kai was too afraid to even look at the blonde's eyes. God, he was so scared he couldn't say he's sorry. He just watched how Reita finished wrapping the bandage and moved on to clean the blood and food from the floor. He didn't seem too happy and Kai was afraid he would hit him again.

Reita noticed the younger one's stare and glanced at him. Kai immediately whimpered silently and looked away.

"Oi. You gonna eat or what?" Reita said coldly and pointed at the new food he had brought. Kai however didn't even look at the tray.

"Why did you come back?" the latter whispered. Reita stood up and glared at Kai.

"Because my colleague Shiroyama heard me yelling and throwing the food on the floor and he made me come back", he answered without changing the emotionless expression he always wore. Kai nodded slightly and hugged his knees again.

"Look. If it helps, I'm sorry. I just happen to get angry easily", the older said after a deep sigh.

"Don't say you're sorry if you clearly don't mean it", Kai answered with the smallest smile.

"Well who said I did mean it?" Reita replied. Kai remained silent. The blonde sighed again and left the room.


"Miyaviiiii... How much longer do we have to work? I'm tireeed~!" Keiyuu whined as he and Miyavi sat in the latter's apartment, investigating the case of Uke Yutaka.

"Well you're not the only one..." Miyavi muttered and checked something from the computer. Keiyuu yawned now probably for the hundredth time and Miyavi guessed the shorter male would probably pass out soon, if he had to stay awake any longer.

"Kei, I know it's hard to work on a case when only two people know about it, but please, I can't trust anyone else", Miyavi said and looked at his friend apologetically.

"Why can't we just tell some other people too...? I mean, we could solve this a lot faster", Keiyuu suggested once again. There were dark bags under his eyes and he looked dead. Miyavi pitied him, but he knew he couldn't tell anyone else.

"The police already think Uke Yutaka has been kidnapped and it's bad enough. If the news are all over him being kidnapped by an yakuza, it's the same as warning the kidnappers we're after them", Miyavi explained. You're probably wondering how he found out a mafia kidnapped Uke Yutaka.

You see, one month ago, rumors started to spread. Rumors of the son of the honorable and feared yakuza leader called Ryuichi. Ryuichi was known all over the world as a very powerful and ruthless man and of course mafias started to look for his son, even though the only information about the son was that his name was Uke Yutaka and he didn't have a father.

Ryuichi would've protected his son, but he got into prison and the hunting started. Probably every single mafia in the world carried a grudge against Ryuichi, so kidnapping his son would be a nice way to lure him out. As the only son of Ryuichi, Uke Yutaka had much power since Ryuichi had swore his son would become the next leader of his yakuza.

And so, someone got lucky and found the right Uke Yutaka and kidnapped him. Miyavi did have some small hints of what yakuza it could've been, but he wasn't sure. And now, as he looked at the last picture taken of Uke Yutaka, he wondered what the boy had done to deserve this.

Uke Yutaka had lived just a normal life until now. He had done nothing wrong. But this was destined when he appeared into this world as a crying baby.

Miyavi had actually stared at this picture for a very long time now. Uke Yutaka's smile was so innocent, so full of happiness and hope. At the time the picture had been taken, the boy hadn't known what awaited for him. It was sad. But yet Miyavi thought the boy's smile was really cute.

Miyavi let out a small laugh. If Uke Yutaka wasn't a kidnapped guy he was supposed to find, he would ask him on a date. Maybe if he had time after this all was over... No, he couldn't. The kid was 17, for God's sake. Way too young for him. Or maybe not... No, he couldn't possibly ask him out. But maybe if he... "Miyavi?"

"Huh?" Miyavi was interrupted by Keiyuu, who looked at him curiously.

"You looked bothered. Is something wrong?" Kei asked worriedly. Miyavi shook his head. "I'm perfectly fine. What's up?"

Keiyuu turned his laptop so Miyavi could see the screen and pointed at a picture in it. "Matsumoto Takanori, or commonly known as 'Ruki.' 31 years old, no wife or kids. He used to work with the police, but the police highly doubt his in our side anymore. People say he's in yakuza. He might be he man in the café", he explained quickly. Miyavi nodded slightly. The man's hair was a little spiked and it seemed the hair colour wasn't his natural one. And in his neck, there was some weird make-up Miyavi had never seen before.

"Do you have any idea which yakuza he's in?" Miyavi asked.

"No. But I might know where he lives", Keiyuu said and showed a text in the screen.

"Where do you find this stuff?" the taller male asked suspiciously. Keiyuu paled a little, but luckily Miyavi didn't notice.

"I, uh, just happened to find it somewhere from internet..." Keiyuu muttered and took the computer back on his lap. Before he could even say anything, Miyavi had already stood up and was kicking his shoes on.

"Where are you going?" Keiyuu asked. Miyavi glanced at him like the answer was obvious. "Where are we going. We're going to visit this 'Ruki.'"

"Eeeeh?! But it might be dangerous!" Now Keiyuu stood up too and walked to his friend. "Can't we wait 'til tomorrow?"

"Nope", Miyavi answered and opened the door. Keiyuu quickly put his own shoes and jacket on and they left the apartment. It was really cold outside, but Miyavi didn't care. A person who had dared to kidnap such an innocent and cute high school-boy wasn't going to get away this easily.

The house they were supposed to go wasn't very far away. It was a small house and the lights were still on, signaling that there was someone living there. Miyavi stepped on the porch and knocked on the door, informing: "It's police, open up!"

They heard a male voice cursing inside the house. Then they heard some noise like looking for something and soon the door opened. A short man opened the door with a fake smile on his face. He had the same make-up, but way different hair and clothes.

"How can I help you?" he asked sweetly.

"Can we come in? It's about Uke Yutaka", Miyavi said. For his disappointment, the man's smile didn't fade away a bit and he just motioned them to step in.

"Would you like to have some tea?" he asked as Keiyuu closed the door behind them. Miyavi nodded and they all headed to kitchen.

"I've heard of that boy... He was kidnapped, wasn't he?" the man said as he poured some tea into his guests' cups.

"There isn't any proof he has been kidnapped. But disappeared, yes", Miyavi replied and glanced at the tea. If this man was in mafia, he wouldn't drink that.

"Eeeeeh... And how am I related to this case?" the man asked innocently. He seemed very innocent, but maybe he was just a good actor.

"That's what we'd like to ask from you. Where were you at last Friday 22.03pm.?" Miyavi asked, still not touching his tea.

"At Friday evening... I think I was spending my time at friend's house. You can call him and ask, if you want", the man answered.

"There's no need for that. Could you tell us your name, please?" Miyavi said.

"A cop who doesn't know the name of a person he's interviewing? Funny... Well, I'm Matsumoto Takanori. I'm working with the police, actually, so you should know", the man said and smiled once again, looking at Keiyuu as he talked. Miyavi got curious and looked at his friend too. Keiyuu was drinking the tea and acted completely normally.

"What's wrong? You haven't even touched your tea yet." Takanori's smirk got even wider and then, suddenly, Miyavi was sure he really was a villain.

"What the hell is in that tea?" he hissed dangerously.

"Nothing that could kill you", was the reply, and suddenly two guns were drawn. One by Takanori and one by Miyavi. But why not Keiyuu? Miyavi looked at his friend and saw that he was in deep sleep, looking as peaceful as a human could.

"It works quickly, doesn't it? Your friend doesn't even know what's going on anymore... Don't worry, he will wake up eventually", Takanori said. Miyavi glared at him, pure anger filling his eyes.

Miyavi and Keiyuu had known each other since childhood and they had always been best friends. They never fought or got into an argument and they were always together. And one time, when they were still in elementary school, Miyavi had made a promise. That he would never let Keiyuu get hurt and that he'd always protect him. He had promised. And he never broke his promises.

"Oyasumi nasai", were the last words Miyavi heard before he was knocked out, only feeling a sudden pain in the back of his head. Everything went dark and he could only see Takanori's grin. That guy really wasn't innocent.


Miyavi in this chapter too... He won't be in the next one, though.