No peeking!

Bad Luck, Good Luck

Chapter 3: No peeking!

"He's so annoying! No matter what I say or do, he just doesn't let go of my arm! And when I say I gotta go, he looks like breaking into tears!" Reita complained. He and his colleague - and friend - Shiroyama Yuu, a.k.a Aoi, had just finished their work and sat in Aoi's car.

"Then why do you stay overtime? You don't have to, y'know", Aoi pointed out, his gaze not leaving the road.

"Because he's so cute... Even you couldn't resist his face", Reita muttered and glanced at the watch in his hand - almost 4 o'clock; he would have to bring Kai's food as soon as they were back. He sighed. Even though Kai was annoying and childish, Reita had taken a liking to him. It had now been two weeks since Kai had been kidnapped and Reita couldn't stop wondering how the kid could be always so cheerful.

And he was also worried. One police and one detective were already suspecting them - Ruki and Aoi had knocked them out before they found out about anything important. They let them go free since they didn't have any critical information, but Reita was still afraid they might find out. But he didn't want to admit he was afraid of losing Kai.

Aoi glanced at the blonde and asked if something was wrong.

"You remember the guys who came to Ruki's place? Aren't you worried they might know something? I mean, they did find out about Ruki and he's an impressive actor and he changes his look almost every week", Reita answered, a bit of worry in his tone.

"We've dealt with that Miyavi-dude before and we know his methods. He won't tell anyone until it's absolutely necessary. And Keiyuu... We can trust he won't be a problem", Aoi said and grinned a little.

"Hm. I guess so", Reita said quietly as he stared out of the window.

"Hey, since you've talked so much about the kid, how about I come with you today?" Aoi suddenly suggested in a very cheerful tone. Reita stared at him like he was crazy - which he actually was - and answered: "Seriously? I don't think you want to... And have I really talked so much about him?" Aoi nodded, still smiling happily.

"And besides, there are things I wanna ask from him", the raven continued. Reita glared at him, but didn't say anything.

The building they kept Kai in was the place they spent most of their time in. The first floor of the building was a normal studio, nothing out of ordinary. But the second and the third floor had many different rooms in them and some of the yakuza's members actually lived there, including Reita and Aoi. Ruki had his own apartment, but he lived in the building because after their boss, he was the most important person in the yakuza, so he had lots of work he could only do in that certain building.

As Aoi parked his car next to the building, Reita started to feel the mafia lived a little too carefree life. Sighing, he got out of the car with Aoi and stepped into the studio. The studio actually had people working in it, but all of them were part of the yakuza. They all greeted the duo walking to the stairs politely since both Aoi and Reita were very respected by the mafia - Reita was the left hand of his boss (Ruki was the right) and Aoi was just really respected (and feared.)

"What do you even have to ask from him?" Reita asked. They were in one of the two kitchens in the building, getting Kai's food. This time it wasn't ramen, though, since Reita thought Kai might've gotten bored of it. There was a huge bento-box in the fridge, much more luxurious than noodles.

"Just some things", Aoi replied and took a box of strawberries, popping one into his mouth.

"If Ruki sees those, he'll get nuts..." Reita muttered, glancing at the strawberries. Ruki disliked, or more like hated those red berries.

"He never uses this kitche- No, he never uses a kitchen", Aoi said and grinned childishly. Reita sighed and motioned the raven to follow him. When they arrived to Kai's room, Aoi's jaw dropped. Reita really wasn't lying when he had said Kai was cute. The boy on the bed was one of the cutest things Aoi had seen, and he had seen Uruha's blush.

"Rei!" Kai squealed and jumped from the bed into Reita's arms. Luckily Reita had given Aoi the tray so it wouldn't drop when this happened.

"Reiii... You're late", the boy whined. He hadn't even noticed the man behind Reita since he could only see Reita.

"Yeah yeah... I had some work", Reita answered and glanced at Aoi. The raven was staring at Kai and smirking widely.

"Who's 'Rei?'" he asked, amusement dripping from his voice. Now Kai finally realized he wasn't alone with Reita and looked at Aoi. For a moment, he just stared at the man and tried to ponder who he was. Then he gave up and asked: "Rei, who's that?" Reita sighed and guessed he had to explain who 'Rei' was and who Aoi was.

"I'm Reita. It's a name he came up with. And Kai, this is Yuu, my colleague", he said.

"Hey, how many times have I told people not to call me Yuu?! I'm Aoi", Aoi said bitterly, but as he turned he looked at Kai, he smiled gently. "You must be Yutaka-kun, right? I've heard people call you Kai, though."

Kai nodded shyly. He hadn't seen other people than Reita for a long time, so talking to someone other was weird.

"Well, Kai-kun. There are some things I need to ask. I that okay?" Aoi asked, still smiling. It seemed like Aoi thought Kai as a 6-year old child.

Kai nodded again and they all sat on the bed, Aoi handing over the tray - and two strawberries - to the youngest.

"So, Kai-kun. Do you know why we kidnapped you?" Aoi asked and smiled a little when he saw the boy shake his head innocently.

"Well then, I guess you deserve to know. You never knew your father, right?"

As Kai nodded, Aoi started the story. "Well, it started way before you were born. Your father, Ryuichi, is a yakuza leader. In that certain yakuza, the oldest son of the leader always becomes the boss when his father dies. You get it?"

"So my father is dead?" Kai said suspiciously. Aoi laughed a bit and answered: "No, he's not dead. But he's in jail, which means his follower, you, has a great responsibility and power now. Unfortunately we found you before your father's yakuza group did."

Kai was now utterly confused. Why would they kidnap him? It made no sense. Luckily Aoi seemed to read Kai's mind and explained the reason.

"You see, your father isn't exactly a good man. Well, I'm not saying I'm one, but Ryuichi definitely isn't. Every japanese mafia holds a grudge against him, and so do some foreign mafias too. Pretty much everyone hates him, but he's probably Japan's, maybe whole Asia's, most powerful man. So getting a revenge isn't that easy. But few days before he was sent to prison, a rumor started to spread. A rumor that he had a son. Kidnapping that son would be very easy way to take the revenge, ne? Or at least it would be an easy way to lure Ryuichi out. We were the first ones to find you, and we had been following you for couple of days before kidnapping. But a day after you came here, we found out your father is in jail. That meant you would have to stay here longer than planned, but since Ryuichi would be helped out of the jail quickly, we didn't mind."

Kai paled. That was a bit too much information for him, considering this all was caused by someone he never knew.

"What did my father do then? I mean, you're kidnapping an innocent person who has nothing to do with the whole thing just to revenge? And not to mention that you might fail", he said.

"Your father is a bad man. Hundreds of innocent people had died because of him. And he hurt the most beautiful man in the whole world", Aoi replied, gritting his teeth.

"So he never cared about me then..." Kai muttered. A shadow came across his face as he looked at the food he had been eating. He felt like he was going to vomit on it. He had always thought his father left for a reason. That he at least cared a bit.

"You're wrong. You and your mother were probably the two persons he cared the most of. He left so you wouldn't be in danger", Reita suddenly said.

"What kind of father leaves his pregnant wife and unborn child?" Kai replied, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"A father who cares about their safety. If he stayed with you, you and your mother would've been dead for years now. He left because he cared", the blonde male said and wrapped his arms around Kai's body. The younger one immediately blushed, but didn't try to push him away.

Aoi, who was on the other side of Kai, was smiling a knowing smirk at Reita. The latter glared at him and showed him the finger without Kai seeing. Aoi was about to laugh, but got soon serious.

"Well, maybe he wasn't pure evil. But we're gonna revenge - and if not we, then I. When someone hurts the one I love, they get killed. And Reita can prove that", he said bitterly.

"Aoi-san... When you said that, did you think of the people you want to kill - or have killed? They might love someone too. They might think the same way as you", Kai said, withdrawing from the blonde carefully.

"I don't care. Maybe I'm selfish, maybe I'm possessive, but I'm not the kind of person who forgives easily", Aoi replied. Kai looked away from Aoi and buried his face in Reita's chest again, muttering: "You should at least try to forgive them..." Aoi sighed. He had stuff to do today (Read: his boyfriend) so he had to to this fast.

"Well, the reason of kidnapping wasn't the only thing I wanted to talk about", he said. Kai looked at him from Reita's arms and sobbed quietly. Did Aoi made him cry? Reita looked a bit confused and ran his fingers through his hair. Kai blushed slightly and moved closer to Reita.

Aoi didn't know if he should talk or not. The two seemed to be in peace, even though Reita always complained about the younger. For a second Aoi thought that maybe Reita cared about Kai, but then remembered how cold Reita was and decided it wouldn't be possible.

"Um... If you want, I'll ask about it later", Aoi said. Kai blushed again and withdrew from Reita, saying it would be okay if Aoi talked now. He picked the tray again and started to eat as Aoi talked.

"Have you ever felt like someone's watching you?"

"Well... Not really, except for the few days before you kidnapped me", Kai answered slowly. "No, wait... When I was in elementary school, there was this teacher who always stared at me. It was really creepy, and one day he asked if there were any troubles in my family, even though I was perfectly fine and had friends and all."

Reita and Aoi glanced at each other suspiciously. The latter asked: "Have you seen him after elementary school? Even by glance?"

Kai nodded. "He lives nearby, so I saw him almost every day. He's actually pretty nice, now that he doesn't stare at me anymore. We even chatted few times."

"What have you talked about?" Aoi asked. He was getting worried. If someone knew about Kai before they did... If someone had followed him before they did... They were seriously screwed.

"Nothing special. Few times he asked if I was lonely without a father. Are you saying he's in a mafia and he has been stalking me?" Kai answered. He leaned against Reita again as he finished his food.

"Maybe. How often did you exactly talk?" Aoi said.

"Look. I'd know if someone stalked me and he wasn't like that. And besides, he was a teacher, how could he possibly be in yakuza?"

"You said 'was'."

"Well... He stopped teaching after I changed school- HOLY CRAP." Aoi chuckled. It took this long for Kai to realize he had probably been stalked by mafia since he was a kid.

"But you still can't prove it!" Kai pointed out.

"Yes we can. What was his name?"

Kai had to think for a moment before answering, but the remembered the name. "Ogino Kou."

"Well, I'm sure I'll find out if he's in a yakuza or not", Aoi said. "But now I need to leave. Uruha's already waiting... Akira, are you staying here?"

Reita nodded and Aoi then left the room. Kai stared at Reita like he was trying to figure something out.

"What?" Reita asked.

"Your name is Akira?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"Reita suits you better..." Kai pouted as he said it. He thought Akira didn't suit the blonde at all. Reita was Reita and he would stay as Reita, even if Kai knew his real name.


Next day Kai realized he hadn't showered in over two weeks. So when Reita brought his food, the first thing he said was: "Rei, I need go to shower."

"What the hell? I've said this before, Kai. Your life is already luxurious, considering you're kidnapped. And yet you want to shower? Seriously, what next? Do you want me as your private butler?" Reita said. Kai could tell he was very stressed, but he needed to shower! Without shower he would end up smelling, and Kai certainly didn't want that to happen.

"But I'll start to smell if I don't go to shower! I haven't showered or changed my clothes in over two weeks and I've been in the same room for the whole time!" Kai answered.

"That's your problem, not mine."

"I wanna take a shower! I wanna take a shower!"

"Whatever you say, I don't care."

"If you don't let me take a shower, I'll... I'll... I won't let go of you and I'll cry!"

"Jeez, fine! But I'll need to cover your eyes... Eat your food first."

Kai was surprised how Reita had given up so early, but said nothing (Except for asked why he needed to cover his eyes. The answer was: "Use your brains, .") and quickly ate the food. When he was finished, Reita pulled something out of his jacket's pocket. A black piece of cloth.

"What's that?" Kai asked curiously.

"It's an extra noseband I never use", Reita replied.

"Why do you have it if you don't use it?"

"Well, if something happens to the white one of if I need to change the colour for some reason. Now, come here."

Kai stepped in front of Reita and suddenly his eyes were covered with the black cloth.

"What are you doing?!"

"I'm covering your eyes."

"With a noseband...?"

"Yes."

After Reita finished with covering Kai's eyes, they both stepped out of the room. Kai was complaining about how annoying it was when he couldn't see, but otherwise the trip went smoothly and it wasn't very long, actually. After hearing a door closing behind, the noseband was taken off from Kai's eyes. He looked around and saw it was a bedroom, not a bathroom.

"Rei, I wanted to take a shower. Not sleep", he noted and looked at the older male.

"This is my bedroom, idiot. The bathroom is connected", Reita asked. His voice was again very annoyed, which bothered Kai a little.

Reita lead Kai to the bathroom, which was actually quite nice. It was big, the colours were pale, the shower was big... It was like a five stars hotel's suite's bathroom.

"What's taking so long?" Reita asked from Kai, who was just standing in the middle of the bathroom.

"I'm not undressing in front of you!" the latter replied.

"What? Why not?"

"ERT!"

" you, I'm not a ! Okay, maybe I read , but there's no reason why I'd want to see you !"

"You ARE ert!"

"So ing what? Just undress already!"

"Get out of the bathroom then!"

"I can't, you're in my responsibility!"

"At least look away!"

"Fine!"

Frustrated, Reita turned around so he was staring at the wall. He heard Kai saying: "No peeking!" and almost strangled the student. Seriously, why did the kid think he wanted to see him ? There was nothing to see anyway!

When Reita heard the shower door close and the water start running, he turned around again, seeing Kai's figure in the shower and his clothes pooled on the floor. He sighed and picked the clothes and threw them into the basket where all the laundry always was. Then he returned to the bedroom to get some clean clothes for Kai, trying to find ones those were too small for himself.

When he had picked jeans and a black button-up shirt, he heard a noise from the bathroom - like someone falling down to the floor. He hurried inside and saw Kai lying on the bathroom floor, hissing in pain.

"What the hell?!" Reita said loudly.

"I'm sorry... I was trying to grab a towel and I slipped", Kai mumbled. Reita kneeled to help Kai up. Seriously, he really was the kid's butler or some like that. Suddenly, they both realized Kai was . Even Reita blushed slightly and turned his look away. He quickly grabbed the towel Kai had tried to reach and gave it to the younger male without looking at him.

"Your face is red", Kai informed as he wrapped the towel around his waist.

"Well so is yours. Just dry yourself and put those clothes on, okay?!" Reita was so annoyed. Yesterday he might've hugged the kid and comforted him, but now all he wanted was to kill him. He didn't care about the kid. He hated him. He hated him. He hated him. Maybe.

As Kai buttoned the shirt up, Reita was pondering why he was even doing this. Why did he always stay with Kai when his only job was bringing him food? Why had he comforted him when he cried? Why did he let him use his shower and clothes? He sighed about the millionth time this day. Everything was so ing frustrating.


There will be one more pairing in this story, either MiyavixRuki or MiyavixKeiyuu. Haven't decided on which one, though. There will be AoixUruha. In the next chapter, actually. Just have to write it first.