Detective Miyavi

Bad Luck, Good Luck

First Chapter: Detective Miyavi

"Do you remember if he acted suspicious or something?" Miyavi asked bluntly from the owner of the café they were investigating. A young man called Uke Yutaka, seventeen years old, had disappeared last night and this café was the last place anyone saw him in. Of course the police were checking out other places too, but Miyavi had a feeling about this place, so he was investigating it.

Miyavi didn't actually like his job and didn't want it in the first place. He didn't like acting like a serious detective he was. He wanted to be the happy-go-lucky himself. But it was such a shame since he was really smart and there was no case he hadn't solved. 'That's my curse', he always told himself.

And like always, Miyavi was quite bored as he asked questions of the boy. The boy had just probably been angry at his parents and then left, but no, the cops were saying he had been kidnapped. So the only reason Miyavi even was there was that he wanted to prove them wrong. And that's why he even listened the answers once in his life.

"I don't remember, I didn't pay much attention. He was just sitting there, reading some book... No! Now I remember! In about an hour, a man sat in his table. The boy looked quite surprised, but didn't mind. They talked for a while and then they both left", the owner explained. Miyavi frowned. It seemed like a planned meeting, but something told him it wasn't.

"Do you remember what the other guy looked like?" Miyavi asked.

"As I said, I didn't pay much attention. But I guess he was pretty short... he was wearing sunglasses and... Well, the thing I paid attention to was his hair. It was put in pretty weird way, y'know, like a visual kei-style of haircut?" The owner answered. She had been crying since she believed that one of his best and nicest customers had been kidnapped or murdered.

"Is there anything else?" the detective asked, writing some notes in a notebook.

"He left the book", the owner said, pointing at the table Uke Yutaka had sat in.

Miyavi thanked and headed to the table cops had surrounded. He took the book and checked what it was. And it was for cooking. Full of recipes.

"What are you doing, Miyavi? That's not gonna help", said one of the cops, laughing as Miyavi started to read the book.

"There can be much more help you can even imagine", he muttered, browsing the book. The owner had added his own notes all over the pages and Miyavi found out he probably made delicious cheesecake and french toast. , I can't get hungry now! he thought.

But now there was two more things that could help him. The boy's handwriting and that he liked to cook. It wasn't much, but it was something. He decided to take the book with him and then looked over the place to find his friend, the only one sane in the house - excluding Miyavi himself, of course.

"Hey, Kei. Found anything?" he asked from the short man who was taking fingerprints from the coffee cup Uke Yutaka had drank from.

"The man didn't order anything, but the boy did. I'm taking the fingerprints just in case", Keiyuu answered and smiled. Well, he was always smiling, that was for sure.

"Wanna come to the Uke's house to investigate? It's pretty boring here", Miyavi asked.

"Really? That'd be nice!" Keiyuu answered and they left the crowded café. The boy's home wasn't too far from the café and it seemed quite nice. It was japanese-style house with a small garden in the back and it only had one story.

It had even more cops than the café, as expected. Most of them were in the victim's room or living room, but Miyavi headed to kitchen. There were some cops too since Uke's mother was there, crying for her only son.

"Ms. Uke. Your son spent most of his time in the kitchen, right?" Miyavi asked, grinning at the cops' faces when they saw him.

"How the hell did you find out?" asked one of them. Miyavi took the book from his bag and smirked even wider. The mother looked at the book and gasped.

"That's Yutaka's... How did you find it?" she asked. Miyavi handed the book over to her and explained: "I always check the books. Especially if there's something written in them."

Uke's mother hugged the book and cried even more. She nodded as Miyavi asked if they could ask few questions.

"Is there any reason why he would've left?" he asked.

"No... He was always so happy and smiling... He would never leave like that", she said between the sobs and added: "He hasn't been kidnapped, right?"

Miyavi glared at the cops and answered: "I don't think there is any reason to kidnap hi- WAIT! Did he have a father?!" The mother nodded.

"He left without any explanation before Yutaka was even born, though. It broke my heart but I never told Yutaka about him."

Maybe there is a reason for kidnapping, Miyavi thought with a pale face.

"MYV? Are you okay?" Keiyuu asked worriedly. Miyavi glanced at his friend.

"I'm fine. Could we talk for a second?" he answered and the shorter nodded and they left the kitchen.

"There's a possibility that a yakuza has kidnapped him."


Kai had been awake for an hour. His name isn't Kai though. Everyone just knows Uke Yutaka as Kai.

Kai didn't know where he was or why he was there. He was just lying on a bed, in a white room that barely had nothing else. Except for a clock that said it was 8pm. And a light that could be switched on, but Kai was afraid to do that.

He had tried to open the door once, but it was locked from outside. And he was hungry. And he was cold And he was tired, but didn't want to sleep. But he however fell asleep at 11pm since he was so-ing-tired.

When he woke up next time, it was 10am and he wasn't tired at all. For few hours he tried to think where he was and why, but figured nothing out - there wasn't even any windows in the room. At 12am he wrapped the covers in the bed better around him. Why was it so ing cold?

He tried to sleep for an hour. It didn't work. Then he sighed and stood up. He did what some people would do as the first thing when they realize they've been locked in a room. He walked to the door and started to hit it, demanding to open the door. After few hours, he gave up and returned to the bed and sat on it for two hours.

And then it happened. The door opened and a blonde stepped in with a tray of food. He had sharp eyes those glared Kai angrily and blond, spiked hair. And as anyone would've done in the situation, Kai's first question was...

"What's that thing on your nose?" The blonde glared at Kai and his question and the younger - was Kai younger? Obviously yes - shrank in the bed.

"Shut the up. And I mean it, y'know. If I hear you hit the door like that one more time, I'll rip your organs out of you with my bare hands and feed them to dogs", the blonde hissed and closed the door. What Kai could see outside the room was a hallway. Where was he?

"I don't think that would be a good idea. You're bringing me food, which means you need to keep me alive", Kai muttered and immediately hoped he hadn't said that.

"Shut your ing mouth. I can kill you anytime I want, and you know what? One more nosy comment and I make you eat your tongue", the blonde said.

"Why does every one of your threats involve eating?" Kai asked.

"What did I just say?" the blonde said and Kai yelped. He certainly didn't want to eat his own tongue.

"Anyways, here's your food. I hope I'll never have to bring it again", the blonde muttered and placed the tray on the bed. He was about to leave, but was stopped by Kai grabbing his arm. He turned around and glared. Kai winced at the glare, but didn't let go.

"C- Could you stay for a little while?" he asked quietly.

"What the ?! I thought you were scared of me", the blonde yelled and Kai whimpered.

"B- But... It's so boring in here... If I don't have anyone to talk to, I'll go crazy", he whispered, looking at the blonde with a pout and puppy eyes. And believe me, no one can resist Kai's puppy eyes and/or pout. So even the blonde sighed and sat on the bed.

"Do you have any idea what kidnapping means?" he asked. His eyes were annoyed now and Kai startled a little when his body moved.

"Yes... But I seriously will go crazy if I can't talk to anyone... What's your name, by the way?" Kai asked, still having his puppy eyes just in case.

"It's not important. But if you seriously wanna call me someone, then come up with any name you want. I don't care", the blonde answered. He hated this kid. He was so ing annoying and so pathetic, but still... So ing adorable. Seriously, he never called anyone cute. Never. But this kid really was.

"Reita", Kai simply said.

"What?" the blonde asked.

"I'll call you Reita", the younger explained, now having a courage to smile a little. Renamed 'Reita' glared at him, but sighed then. There was nothing he could do about it anymore. And even though he hated to admit it... He liked the name.

"I have one question..." Reita said and Kai looked at him curiously.

"Why are you still hugging my arm?" Kai looked at the arm, having a ghost of a smile on his lips. Reita was quite muscular. And his body was really warm comparing to how cold it was in the room.

"It's so cold in here", the raven answered.

"And that's your reason..." the blonde muttered. Suddenly he felt Kai move and looked at him, seeing him snuggle against his body. He blushed slightly, but didn't try to push the kid away like he would've done to anyone else.

"Hey. Shouldn't you be eating your food?" Reita asked from Kai, who was now almost on his lap and half asleep.

"Oh... I guess", Kai said and reached to the tray. He started to eat as he still leaned against Reita. What the hell is wrong with him? I obviously hate him, I'm scary and yet he dares to snuggle? Well this ! Reita thought bitterly. He seriously hated Kai.

"You want some?" Reita heard Kai saying. He glanced at the other and saw the boy holding ramen in his chopsticks right in front of Reita. And of course, Reita couldn't resist the eyes. Sighing, he opened his mouth and Kai fed him the food, giggling a little.

"What's so ing funny now?" Reita asked as he swallowed the food.

"Nothing... Hey, what do I do if I gotta use bathroom?" Kai asked. Reita glanced at him angrily. Was this kid seriously so stupid he had missed the other door in the room?

"How the are you even still alive with those brains...? We aren't stupid, there's a bathroom right next to you!" Reita said and pointed at the other door. Kai looked at it and started to laugh.

"I guess I didn't notice!" he said, giggling like a little girl. Reita sighed. He looked at the clock and gasped. "! I gotta go!" he suddenly said and headed to the door.

"Rei?" Kai said. Reita looked at him impatiently. "Can you come tomorrow too?"

"Hopefully not..." the blonde muttered and left the room. He hated Kai - as I've said for three times now - but he couldn't resist his face. And his scent. Yes, the smell of the younger male was literally irresistible, just like his puppy eyes and pout.

And that's why Reita didn't want to bring him the food anymore.


For some reason... I don't like the first chapter very much.