Denial

Signs of Insanity

“How many times do I have to explain that there is no Kim Jongin working here?” The receptionist let out a frustrated sigh.

“Are you trying to tell me that he lied to me? He said he’s working here. He should be here!” I raised my voice.

“Sir, for the million times, there’s no Kim Jongin working here. Are you sure he’s really working here?” The receptionist replied.

“Of course he is! He wouldn’t have told me that if he isn’t.” I let out a sigh.

“Can you please check one more time for me? I really need to see him, it’s really important.” I begged.

“F-fine I’ll try again.” I thank the receptionist once again.

“I’m really sorry sir, I really can’t help you.” I let out a sigh and left the building.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hello? Baek hyung?” I press the phone to my ear.

“Kyungsoo? What’s wrong? You don’t sound good.” I smile and replied.

“I’m fine. I just call to ask you something.”

“Yeah sure. Ask then.”

“Did Jongin told you where he went? I was looking for him everywhere. I went to his working place just now and the receptionist told me that he’s not working there anymore. Do you know where he would be? I mean he tells you everything right? He’s still mad at me aren’t he? He—"

“Stop. We’ve been through this already. How long do you plan to keep this up, Soo? I know how you feel. I lost my best friend too. But I’ve moved on. It’s time for you to move on. Was a year aren’t enough for you to mourn his death? Everyone around you is trying to help you but all you did was pushing them away. Please, I beg you.” Baekhyun was crying through the phone. I could hear his sniffs through the phone.

“Jongin is long gone. Can you stop being in denial and move on?”

“I can’t. I really can’t. I’ve tried. I really did. But every time I did, he would pop in my mind again. Every corner I turn, he’ll be there. I tried. I really did.” 

 


A/N

I'm sorry it took me forever to update this.

Here's the fifth sign of insanity; Denial. Please do leave a comment! I need to know what you all think :)