Give Me Love

Perfect Star

 

Yonghwa

 

“Hello? Yeah, I’ll be there in an hour. I’m here in some rundown coffee shop getting some drink before I go. Yeah, I’ll call you when I get there. Bye” I press the end button of my phone and set it down on my side. I was at a rundown coffee shop called Club Espresso in downtown Hongdae; I’ve been coming for a week a now because it was near my mom’s house. It’s been a month since I was discharged from my hospital and for the meantime, I was staying at my mom’s house but tomorrow I’ll go house-hunting with Jonghyun because I really want to have my own place and a job.

I took a sip from my Americano while my Gibson J45 Custom was in my lap. I was playing some chords and practicing my voice for my audition later; yes, I agreed to audition for Jonghyun’s band in a company called FNC and I hope I get in. Because whatever I do, things won’t go back to the past and I have to fix my life for my future. I was sitting at the far corner of the coffee shop near the window; there weren’t many customers so it was peaceful and quiet.

I struck some chords and began humming the song that I composed while I was cooped up at my mom’s house, mulling over my depressing life. I took a deep breath and proceeded to sing the chorus of the song that I composed. 

 

Give a little time to me, we'll burn this out

We'll play hide and seek, to turn this around

All I want is the taste of your lips allow

My my, my my-y

Oh, give me love

My my, my my-y

Oh give me love

 

I didn't realized that I was closed my eyes while singing and when I opened them, I was startled to see a girl with big brown eyes and a petite face smiling at me. She was wearing a loose fitting shirt with a cardigan and black tights with a New York Yankees cap. She is pretty.

I cleared my voice and she blushed. "Hi, I um yeah. I was at the counter and, yeah uh, I heard you singing and I was just gonna ask what song were you singing?" She managed to stutter at me and I breathe a sigh of relief and smiled at her. 

"Oh, uh thanks, I guess? The song was an original composition of me." I said and formed an O.

"Oh, wow, well you're really talented. May I ask what's the title of the song?" She asked in her sweet voice and I nodded at her as I gesture for her to sit in front of me. 

"Sure" I said. "It's called Give Me Love." I look at her and grinned. "Want to hear the rest of the song?" I asked and she nodded vigorously.

"Yes, of course." She said and I nodded as I readjusted the guitar on my lap and cleared my voice. "Here goes nothing." i say and she grins at me.

 

 

 

 

Give me love like her

Because lately I've been waking up alone

Paint splatted tear drops on my shirt

Told you I'd let them go

And that I'll fight my corner

Maybe tonight I'll call you

After my blood turns into alcohol

No I just wanna hold you


Give a little time to me, we'll burn this out

We'll play hide and seek, to turn this around

All I want is the taste that your lips allow,
 

My my, my my-y oh give me love

My my, my my-y oh give me love

My my, my my-y oh give me love

My my, my my-y oh give me love

My my, my my-y oh give me love

 

I opened my eyes and I hear her clapping at me and I can't help but smile. "I know, it's not really that good but I'm working on this—" She cut me off with a gasp.

"Are you serious? God, it's so beautiful I really thought I would cry but then I wouldn't want to embarass myself even more." She said. I chuckle softly and look at her. "Really? Thank you. No one's really apreciated my music before."

And her jaw dropped. "Seriously? Well they're definitely deaf if they didn't like your music." And her eyes widened. "Oh! I realized I haven't introduced myself but I think you already know me." She said grinning and I look at her, confused.

"Uhm, why would I know you?" I asked in a soft tone, careful not to offen this girl who appreciated my music. She blushed and facepalmed herself. "Oh, well I guess we aren't really that known. I'm a singer too actually, but I'm in a group." She said and I nod.

There's so many idol group nowadays and I can't identify them all so I just nod and pretend that I know. She extends her hand on me. 

"My name's Yoona, I'm Yoona." She said with a smile. "Nice too meet you." I took her hand and shook it gently. "I'm Jung Yonghwa." I said.

She grinned at me. "Nice to meet you Mr. Yonghwa, the guy with the awesome singing and guitar skills." I chuckled and I felt my phone vibrate at my side. I slide my thumb on the screen and saw Jonghyun's text message saying I should go to the audition now. I look at Yoona the girl infront of me and I bid her goodbye.

"Ms. Yoona, it was really nice meeting you but I really have to go now." I say to her. "Oh, it's okay. I have to go too. My friends are waiting for me at our dorm." She said and I stood up. We both walk out to the front door and stepped outside. The cold breeze of autumn was coming and I love the smell of the pines. 

"Well, see you when I see you?" She said with an awkward chuckle and I just smiled at her. "Yeah, see you around." I said and we both walk up to two different directions. 

Maybe, just maybe, it was really time to let my feelings go. 

I turned around and saw Yoona waiting for a cab and in that moment, when I decided to run after her, it was the time to move on with my own life. "Ms. Yoona!" I call out to her before she entered the cab door and she whips her head to the side, seeing me running to her and seeing her nose wrinkle a little with a confused look on her face was very cute.

Once I reached her, I looked at her and I scratched the back of my neck. "Uhm, would you like to have some coffee with me some time? " I asked and her face lit up with a smile as she bit her lower lip.

"Yeah, sure." She said and I smiled inwardly. "So, same time same place next week?" I asked and she nodded. "Cool. " She said and waved goodbye at me from the cab. 

I shook my head and smiled as I walked to the building where I will audition. It was just a 10-minute walk from the coffee shop because it was around the vicinity. With the guitar case strapped on my back, I arrived at the tall building. 

This is my future now.

 

 

Seohyun

 

I walked out of my bedroom with a magazine cluched on my side and I saw Yoona at the kitchen counter smiling and humming while slicing fruits. "What's with the weird smile?" I asked as I sat on the kitchen counter and laid the magazine on the table. She turned to me with that foolish smile. "What smile?" She asked and I have the sudden urge to roll my eyes at her. I point my newly manicured nail at her and raised my eyebrow. "That smile." I said.

Sooyoung entered the kitchen in her pajamas and yawned. "Oh Hyun, leave the girl alone. It's so obvious it because of a guy." She said, yawning loudly. And with that, Yoona's smile got bigger. "Oh, definitely a guy" Sooyoung chimed.

I raised my eyebrow at her and squinted my eye. "I will bet ten bucks that you were asked out? Am I right?" I asked. "Oh shush you! It's not a date okay? He just wanted to have some cofee with me, that's all. Not a date, okay?" She said.

"But you want it to be, didn't you?" I said with a grin and she groaned. "Ugh, you guys are so infuriating!" She grabbed her bowl of fruits and stomped out of the kitchen. Me and Sooyung burst out of laughter and hifived. 

My phone beeps and I jump out of the counter to see who it is. "Hongki Oppa?" I said as I slid open the message. 

Oi, little kid! I'm coming back from Japan next week! Be sure to cook me some bulgogi that is your specialty okay? Miss you! 

- Awesome Hongki Oppa

I chuckle and shake my head at the message. How dare he call me little kid! I quickly type a reply and pressed send. Hongki Oppa was more like a brother than my bestfriend, he was always there for me when I was too embarassed to cry infront fo the other girls. He's a two years older than me and we met when I was just new here in Seoul. Oh, did I mention that he's an idol too? He's in a band called F.T. Island and they're awesome!

Hongki Oppa is my one and only confidante, he knew my deepest darkest secrets and he was the one who fixed me when I was broken beyond repair. We met in an unimaginable circumstances and sticked together ever since but a few months ago, he came to Japan for a tour so we haven't seen each other since then. I'm excited to meet him again next week. 

And did I tell you that it's his 23rd birthday next week? Well, as always, I'll be the one to arrange his surprise party next week. Lucky because SNSD is on break right now after our mini-album launching. I might as well prepare for Oppa's party.

 

 

Yonghwa

 

"You're in." And with that two words, I jumped on my seat and fist pump the air. Jonghyun came rushing to me and man-hugged me while the CEO was nodding his head, smiling.

"You're in! Yong! You're in! Welcome to C.N.Blue!" Jonghyun said and ruffled my hair. The other two members, Jungshin and Minhyuk, came to me and congratulated me with big smile on their faces. 

This is C.N.Blue; my new family from now on. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~

Woohoo! I told you there would be a change of events in the new version of Perfect Star. :) I hope you like this chapter! Chapter 5 would be up tonight so please stay tuned! 

[credits to: Ed Sheeran for Give Me Love]