Complete opposites

Ice and Fire

 

 
"Our elements don't mix chanyeol" minseok pouted, "they're always against each other." 
 
"They're the exact opposite of each other."
 
"What do you mean?" Chanyeol turned to look at minseok and his rosy cheeks, "It doesn't matter that we don't mix," chanyeol said scratching the back of his neck. "What matters is that I love you."
 
He clearly could not see that they were sitting in the middle of a snow field and that where chanyeol's was siting was a patch of green grass with snow receding. On the other hand minseok was sitting on ice that kept unfreezing and freezing because chanyeols heat was there and kept affecting it. 
 
"It just seems we weren't meant to be..." Minseok said catching chanyeol's ears and drawing his attention from the grass to minseok's crest fallen face. Minseok just couldn't believe it. 
 
"Hey, hey~" chanyeol waved his hand in front of minseok's face, "but you love me right?" 
 
Minseok's cheeks blushed bright as if he had stayed out too long in the snow. Chanyeol was right, definitely. 
 
"I do." Minseok said firmly making chanyeol hold his hands. 
 
"Then that's all the matters, we can make it work, we love each other," chanyeol smiled dreamily at minseok who's ears were on fire. Minseok was melting. Sometimes he didn't know if it was chanyeol's heat but figured that he had definitely loved chanyeol once he thought of him (24/7) and found himself melting. 
 
 
------
 
On the college campus, it was heard that chanyeol had ranked number one, as always, with a different name filling the space that was claimed minseok's place before. Minseok had fallen behind at third place. The name Zhang yixing had taken his spot. 
 
Whenever minseok would walk by people would stare and whisper how he's no good with chanyeol, how he couldn't keep up with chanyeol, how he wasn't good enough for chanyeol and that he was the complete opposite of chanyeol. Anything that made him feel bad about being with chanyeol. Everyone knew they were together, chanyeol never denied the facts. Minseok didn't care that he wasn't as good as chanyeol because he knew he wasn't good enough himself, it made no difference. But that didn't do minseok any good because soon he had began to doubt himself. He really wanted to be good enough for chanyeol but no matter how hard or how much effort he put towards being good enough the effort and hard work would be put to waste. The people talked of minseok being a burden to chanyeol. Everyone still loves chanyeol. And chanyeol loves minseok, that's all that matters right?
 
Doubts plagued minseok's mind and he had found himself crying behind the old library building. How much longer could he lie to himself? He knew he wasn't compatible for chanyeol. He knew he wasn't and would never be good enough for chanyeol. Minseok just couldn't stop living under the light of chanyeol's love, his love was too pure, too sweet, too real and deep to get out of. His love was too good. It was all Too good to be true but every dream stops, he should stop living in his dreams. 
 
"Hey? Why are you crying?" A sweet soft voice floated to his ears. Minseok kept his head down and wiped the tears away quickly. 
 
"I-I I'm fine," minseok smiled lightly looking up to man with soft eyes and a worried dimpled frown, "I just ranked really badly." 
 
"Your eyes tell me something different" the man frowned making his dimple deeper. 
 
------
 
Minseok made sure to spend less and less time with chanyeol. He was going to let him down softly, like he wasn't even there. He should've never noticed. 
 
"I'm sorry chanyeol, I've really got to go, I'm sorry I can't hang out, I'm really busy with homework" minseok said frantically biting his lip. He wasn't sure chanyeol was going to buy into his excuse because he know minseok never has homework. Chanyeol smiled at minseok and kissed his cheek his lips of the melted ice from minseoks cheek making red flowers bloom on his cheeks before letting him go. At first.
 
 
 
 
"Minseok, please come with me to dinner! I know you don't have homework" chanyeol held onto minseok's hand which was excessively sweating since minseok could see that chanyeol had picked up on his excuses.
 
"I'm sorry! My mom wants me home at 5 now. You know that's right after class is out" minseok mumbled slipping his sweaty hands from chanyeol's warm hands. 
 
"Let me talk to umma then? She'll understand" chanyeol said pleading for minseok to stay. Minseok could feel his heart breaking, lying to chanyeol and not being able to be there beside him. 
 
"I've got to go" minseok said quickly before running off around campus to loose chanyeol on his tail. 
 
 
-----
 
 
"Are you avoiding me minseok?" Chanyeol squished minseok between the wall. 
 
"I... I am not, I just don't have time" minseok lied, he had all the time in the world. He did his best to not stutter and give himself away. 
 
"If you aren't lying to me look me in the eye" chanyeol said with minseok staring into the ground. Chanyeol could read right through minseok. 
 
"I'm busy chanyeol" minseok said looking straight into chanyeol's eyes. He had been spending time with yixing, studying, to pass time away since he was not with chanyeol anymore. 
 
"Please make time for your boyfriend, I miss you minseok" chanyeol sighed resting his head on minseok's shoulder. Why was he making it harder on himself? why couldn't he just forget him? Why was he making it so hard?
 
"I'm sorry, I've got to go chanyeol" minseok said leaving his side, it made minseok's heart break to walk away from chanyeol. Why didn't he want just end it? Minseok was trying so hard to let him down softly but chanyeol wouldn't let go. 
 
 
 
------
 
"Yixing!~ why aren't you helping me with this problem?" Minseok whined as stood up and poked his finger into yixings arm who was stretching.
 
"You did the same mistake again" yixing laughed and minseok huffed.
 
"I did not! I swear I changed this!" Minseok pointed to his math note book wiggling it in front of yixings face jumping up and down. Yixing laughed as minseok jumped like a hyper bunny shoving his paper all over, studying was taking its toll. Yixing held minseoks wrist to calm himself down. While minseok wiggled, jumped and giggled about, yixing thought he heard the door bell. 
 
"Yixing?! Are you leaving me now!? You have to help me!" Minseok pouted bouncing about trying to catch yixing who was walking out of minseok's bedroom. Minseok ran towards yixing slipping on his rug. Before minseok thought he'd meet his fate with the floor. Minseok had not hit the floor exactly, he was tucked nicely into yixings arms. 
 
"So this is what you're doing when you say you're busy" a deep familiar voice said. Minseok knew he had done a huge mistake and it wasn't what it looked like but minseok used this to his advantage. He'll let go easier then.
 
"This is what I do, when I'm busy" minseok mumbled from under yixing. Yixing quickly removed himself from a top of minseok. 
 
"I see how it is" chanyeol's deep voice cut. Minseok couldn't look at chanyeol. He could feel his heart tearing.
 
"I see how it is..." Chanyeol repeated looking at minseok who was looking off to the side.
 
"If you do... Then leave us alone" minseok's voice trembled, so close to cracking but he was good. He didn't have the heart to cry.
 
Chanyeol spun on his heel and left without another word. 
 
The second chanyeol made it out of his house, watching from the window, minseok shuddered in a painful sob. 
 
He can let me go now, he can find someone as good as me, someone who is worthy of Him and compatible, minseok thought as he sobbed and yixing closed his arms around the weep man. He did the right thing... Right? 
 
-----
 
"Chanyeol?" A stunning lady sitting across him called out his name as he stare out of the cafe window dazed.
 
Chanyeol didn't respond, she had called him many times but there was no response. They had sat in tense awkward silence as chanyeol stared blankly out the wide window showing into the alley.
 
Once the lady, who chanyeol had no idea what her name was, asked to leave chanyeol had finally stood up. 
 
-----
 
"Yixing, lets go to the cafe, I don't want to study anymore" minseok mumbled about dropping his pencil and rubbing his eyes. 
 
Minseok took yixing to the cafe that was just a few blocks from his house in a small alley. 
 
"Lets get bub-" minseok stopped abruptly as he saw chanyeol come out of the cafe with a beautiful stunning woman holding onto his arm. Minseok felt his heart twist. 
 
This is what it was supposed to be if he was letting go. He shouldn't be feeling like that. Minseok just wanted to latch onto his arms that were a safe haven, not anymore. 
 
Chanyeol saw minseok and walked passed him like he wasn't even there, not even acknowledging him, like he was ghost. Minseok could feel his skin get clammy. He really missed chanyeol. He knew this was to come but it hurt so much, he really missed chanyeol.
 
------
 
"I miss... chanyeol... so much" minseok mumbled in his sleep with tears of snowflakes softly pelting his cheeks. The sudden chill and drop of the temperature stirred awake yixing who sat up in a frosted surrounding. Fully awakened he heard muffled sniffles. Yixing drew the blankets closer to himself on the floor and hugged it around him before crawling to minseok's side. Yixing watched as snowflakes seeped out of his beautiful closed eyes. Minseok was absolutely breath taking with his frosted cheeks that were a tint pink from crying but still with an icy layer frosted over and his lips pink, full of life, despite his cold and iced look. His lashes splayed were long and white with clumps of snowflakes that had gathered on his lashes. He truly looked like an angel. 
 
"Minseok, why are you crying? Please don't cry anymore" Yixing whispered as he gingerly stoked minseok's frosted cheeks.
 
"S-sorry..." Minseok whimpered eyes still shut, "I...sorry, d-don't leave."
 
Yixing knew everything, he knew how much minseok wanted to be better for chanyeol, so that he wouldn't be a burden.  He knew that minseok never wanted yo leave chanyeol.  Every time chanyeol came into minseoks line of vision he could see much longing from minseok. Yixing knew but seeing that minseok was even now crying in his sleep about it had really bothered yixing. It really pulled minseok down, he even thought about him at night, dreamt of him in his sleep. 
 
-----
 
"Chanyeol-sshi!" Yixing ran after the tall man who was walking with a group of people with no sort of expression.
 
"CHANYEOL-SSHI!" Yixing squawked finally catching his attention. Yixing huffed as he made his way to chanyeol who had dismissed his friends.
 
"Chanyeol-sshi," yixing nodded his in acknowledgement, "I'm very sorry about what you had seen at minseok's house."
 
Chanyeol glared and huffed ruffling his hair and began to walk away. Yixing grabbed onto his sleeve. Chanyeol didn't need to be reminded once again that that had happened, and that that was the "end" of them. 
 
"Hear me out," yixing held tighter to chanyeol's sleeve when he didn't turn around, "please." 
 
"I- what you saw that day was a mistake, it's nothing of what you thought it was, it just seemed like it" yixing spoke quickly and chanyeol turned to look at yixing.
 
"It's exactly what I saw, what else is there to say?" Chanyeol grunted in annoyance.
 
"We were studying and when minseok gets tired, you know?"
 
"He gets hyper, I know."
 
"He wasn't understanding a question and had asked me to look at his paper but then I heard the door bell."
 
"What are you trying to say?" Chanyeol sighed getting tired of yixing trying to elaborate on the 'incident'.
 
"Let me finish," yixing said quickly then continuing on with the story, "I was walking out the door to answer the door but minseok was running to get me and slipped on the rug. That's where you had invited yourself in to see that I was on top of minseok when I was saving him."
 
"What?" 
 
"You misperceived everything," yixing said sadly thinking back to minseok's small sad frown. 
 
 "Have you thought about minseok? Have you stood in his shoes?" Yixing questioned at chanyeol who was processing everything. Chanyeol just a second ago was too upset that his boyfriend was ignoring him. It wasn't fair. 
 
"If you can't stand by him, I will" yixing spoke with emotion. 
 
"Your guys were just studying?" Chanyeol asked realizing as things began to click. 
 
"That's all we ever did, all we did was study study study" yixing said with a pang to his heart. 
 
--------
 
"Kim minseok! Open the door!" Chanyeol's deep voice rumbled the door. He didn't have the patients to ring the door bell and pounded on the door. 
 
"Minseok!?" Chanyeol could hear his umma call up to minseok through the door.
 
"Not here" minseok shouted in response.
 
Minseok's mother approached the door opening it.
 
"Chanyeol ah, uh...minseok isn't feeling too well, please come back another time" minseok's mother nicely said covering up for minseok.
 
"O...oh okay, umma, can you tell minseok to get better for me?" Chanyeol went along with a small sad smile knowing that minseok just didn't want to see him. With that said he left. 
 
Minseok sniffed from behind the wall, "thanks umma."
 
-----
 
Minseok ran quickly across the campus hoping that chanyeol or yixing wouldn't catch him, he knew something was up. Why had chanyeol come to his house? It made him worry and left him in a daze wondering why. 
 
His feet had mindlessly drag themselves and he magically appeared at the corner before chanyeol's last class. Minseok in a haze realized where he was before it was to late but his body pulled him forward to see him. Minseok had edged to the door and peeked into his business class. Automatically minseok's eyes, like they were trained to find chanyeol spotted him on the platform talking with his professor in the auditorium like room. Minseok's heart cringed to look at chanyeol's form, it seemed too long ago that minseok used to love him and have had him. Minseok quickly left, walking fast out of the building to the old library building. 
 
"Where you going?" His voice rumbled low and deep. Minseok knew who it was without looking back, he could feel him. 
 
Minseok's breath caught in his throat and soon he felt panicked. Minseok walked away as fast as he could before full out sprinting. 
 
"Where are you going?!" Chanyeol gritted catching minseok's wrist. Just his touch made him weak and want to cry. Minseok twisted his wrist in chanyeol's searing grip. Minseok bit his lips to hold back a cry still trying to set himself free. 
 
"L-let me go!" Minseok twisted about struggling against the giant. His element was acting up, especially with all his struggling.
 
Minseok could feel his heart break into a million little pieces as he magically freed himself in one swift motion. All minseok remembered was chanyeol's grunt of pain before he ran off again. 
 
"I said where are you going?!" Chanyeol harshly yanked onto minseok crushing him into his chest. Chanyeol sighed into the familiar cold he's acquainted himself with. Minseok struggled about in chanyeol's hold pushing and punching. He was stuck in a fire and on instinct, he tried to put it out.
 
"L-LET ME G-go" minseok was weak and weeped pounding lightly on chanyeol's chest. 
 
"I-I'm trying to get away from you," minseok sobbed looking at the ground then into his eyes, "don't you understand?"
 
Chanyeol's face twisted but he still held the cold close to his warm body. 
 
"Chanyeol, don't you understand we're not meant to be?" Minseok questioned breaking both their hearts. 
 
"I'm an ice warrior. You're a noble Phoenix. Please understand that we aren't meant to be!" Minseok said full of sad agony. 
 
"Why?" Chanyeols voice was dripping of sadness. his face wore a forlorn expression. Chanyeol tightened his grip around minseok who was shying out of his grip. 
 
"Why can't we be together? Didn't I say that nothing mattered as long as I love you?" 
 
And with that minseok's shell melted, he felt he had put up a long enough fight. 
 
"All that matters is that I love you, nothing else matters, only you" chanyeol's eyes were pleading and minseok could feel that his love for him was real. Chanyeol held minseok and felt himself give in. 
 
"You are with me now and that's what matters" chanyeol said snuggling minseok close to him resting his chin upon his head smelling that wonderful smell only minseok had. 
 
"I'm no good for you chanyeol, I'm not good enough to stand by your side," minseok said shaking his head and eyes filled to the rim with tears. 
 
"I-I c-can't! I can't be a burden to you" minseok whimpered pulling away from chanyeol who making him more warmer than usual. Hearing that minseok thought of himself as burden made chanyeol upset. 
 
"If it's anyone who's better than me, it's you, it you minseok. You are intelligent, you are amazing, you work hard and it's what I love most about you. 
 
You don't need to be better than me, you're already number one. In my eyes, in my heart you're number one. If you're a burden than I'd carry you all the time and know that you're there. Either way, it doesn't matter because I love you"
 
"B-but--" minseok had began to protest and give more excuses for why they weren't good for each other and why they shouldn't be together. Chanyeol had pressed his own lips to minseok's, who gasped startled by the nice sensation on his lips to silenced him. 
 
-----------
 
 
 
Chanyeol had kept true to his words. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------
yay I finally update right? I told you I at making plots. The reason why I'm on a writers block. I'm just uploading chapters I've made ages ago but never posted up. 
 
Yeah yeah ~~ I know not what you expect. T^T I was considering erasing my whole chapter and starting a different plot but I was like meh. I'd never get a chapter up then lol so yeah. I'm just not satisfied with my writing either lol good news though. I'm makin the next part and I like it a lottttttttt. It's going to be hot! I think so. Heads up, it's just going to be some of my shameless writings -.- I know lol so yes.
 
Thank you for reading and commenting ;)