Then

Ice and Fire

 

 
Chanyeol was always bright and out going, everyone loved him even minseok but at first was more on the side of "I-dislike-you-because-you-look-dumb-but-always-gets-number-1-and-I-dont-get-why" side. Minseok was jealous, always jealous in high school and through out college, minseok always also wondered how chanyeol had even gotten into college. Turned out his grandpa owned the school, not that chanyeol was dumb or anything, he was always first in everything, despite his goofy looks. Chanyeol is pretty damn smart. All the test minseok studied for constantly and gave his friends and sports up for went all to waste when he'd come in second place, it meant nothing if he was second. Minseok wanted to be number one. 
 
Minseok was never number, and while he was working to be number one he hasn't realized how far he's drifted from his friends, leaving him lonely. People started to cast him out, labeling him a loner than a nerd because his "use" to be friends had turned their backs on him. No one wanted to acknowledge that he "was" their friend before so they all denied ever being friends calling him a nerd because all he ever spent his time on was school. He heard all the things people called him and wished to confide in someone but had no one to turn to because they all him. 
 
Minseok soon manifested his element. He was of the next in line to inherit the element along with his cousin suho who controlled water instead of ice. 
 
It had at first started to manifest itself as a defense mechanism. Minseok was out at the park going home and it was sunset nearing night. There were three guys from school that happened to pass by and, oh no, they did not forget to say hi to cute loner minseok. Surprisingly they had seen him. 
 
Minseok lived past all the small dark alleys and while walking past one, a grip on his wrist then another and then another covered his mouth, had pulled him into the dark alley. Minseok looked around panicked and frightened, his heart squeezing in tight fear, tighter than the people who were holding his wrist. 
 
"Let me go!" Minseok screamed muffled into the hands closed over his mouth. Minseok spit and tried to bite and wriggled but nothing had worked.
 
"You're such a bad boy, you shouldn't be walking alone at night" a voice had said but minseok couldn't see who it was. 
 
"You don't know what strangers might do" another voice to his left added. Minseok felt a finger trail up from his stomach all the was to his chin. 
 
"Too bad, that's not what were going to do tonight though. Not to this fat nerd" a low voice chuckled and minseok could feel the person smile. Minseok began to frantically yank his hands from the attackers grip. The low voice chuckled before a punch was smashed against his cheek. Minseok whimpered loudly. Why would they do such a thing? Minseok did absolutely nothing yet he was getting beaten up. 
 
"Ugly fat nerdy loners like you should die," the low voice whispered into minseok's ear making minseok struggle even more to get away. 
 
"P-please s-stop" minseok said to the person who just laughed at him them hit him square in the stomach making minseok grunt loudly. Minseok muffled his sound of his cry as he fell face first into the earth. Minseok tried to scramble away but the throbbing pain in his side had disabled him to move. Laughter pierced the air and kicks were sent to minseok's poor little body. Minseok begged them to stop but was kicked in the face instead and he cried as he was stomped on for being himself, doing nothing. Did minseok deserve such a thing? 
 
Hell no. 
 
The attackers laughed in triumph when minseok wasn't moving or making any sort of sound. As they had walked almost out of the alley a frosty air had chilled them. They dared to look back, when they shouldn't have. The two that had looked back were sent to the hospital with shattered bones and blood all over. Funny thing was it was spring and they had hypothermia. The funnier thing was that minseok was still on the ground motionless. After minseok had knocked out he had awoken five minutes afterward the incident he had cause but recalled not doing such a thing. He scrambled away and limped out of the dark alley. He was frightened. He knew he had caused the incident and that one person was missing. 
 
The next day minseok had a fever, an ice fever. When he had opened his eyes his whole room was iced a lite blue and snow was on the ground of his room. His mother was not surprised when she had seen that minseok had icicles and ice cubes scattered around his room, she brought him some tea. 
 
"Oh poor baby, you're so pale already" minseok's mother touched his wounds that were now iced over. His mother's touch was so warm, so full of love. 
 
"You've seen so much already baby, i'm so sorry" minseok's mother hugged minseok who was now crying frozen snow flakes. 
 
"It'll be alright, you won't be like this forever" minseok's mother cooed rubbing warm circles on his back. 
 
"Why? H-how?" Minseok sniffled holding his mother tighter, she was not affected by his ice. 
 
"Don't ever question your gift" minseok's mother held his cheeks.
 
"It's not a gift umma! I hurt two people!" Minseok cried snow flakes that slowly turned into frozen raindrops. 
 
"It was a mistake and you didn't mean to do it" minseok's mother said truthfully. 
 
"The reason Your father is still isn't as icy around us is only because when he's around the people who loves him and whom he loves, he's not icy because he can feel their heat, their love." 
 
"It is truly a beautiful gift, once you find your true love your ice completely melts away" minseok's mother smiled kissing his cold cheeks leaving a melted spot. 
 
"Drink your tea, you should be all better afterwards" his mother instructed kissing his forehead melting the light ice layer. 
 
After drinking The tea all the ice around the room and walls were gone with out a trace. 
 
 
"Yeah... He's the freak..." Whispers where all over as people gossip loud enough for him to hear. It was true thought, he was a freak, he just didn't admit it. Everyone avoided him at all cost. Minseok didn't care and though it's bad to say but he was already alone and alone for a while that it just doesn't matter, he didn't care. 
 
It was not till senior year and still in second place he had finally met him. A feet had purposely slipped out tripping minseok as he fell face flat to ground. Laughter echoed in the halls till they had seen whom minseok had tripped in front of. 
 
A hand was extended out in front of his face. Minseok looked up to see who's mysterious hand it was. Minseok stood up on his own and walked away as if had never happened. It was his competitor.
 
"Chanyeol?" 
 
"Huh?" 
 
"Don't talk to him."
 
"Him?"
 
"Yeah him."
 
"You mean minseok?" 
 
-----
 
What hell is that hot feeling? It feels like moms around but she's at home. It's been following me for a while, a little hot heat wave..? It was suspicious. Minseok walked quickly to the library looking back behind him. Minseok ran to a corner and hid crouching down. Minseok waited for the person to pass by, he for sure knew someone was following, he knew, so he waited feeling the hot heat wave as the person approached. 
 
Once the person had turned the corner minseok stood up with his hand like a gun.
 
"Why are you following me?" Minseok said with his fingers pointing at his competitor of 4 years that was sending waves of heat to the front of his face.
 
"I-I uhhhh..." The tall goofy face looked troubled as he scratched behind his ear. 
 
Minseok blasted a cold little frost to his face then ran off into the library. 
 
-----
 
After spending three hours in the library minseok felt it was time to leave. As he exited the library a hand gripped his shoulder. At one touch minseok had frozen the hand on the shoulder. Minseok turned around to face the giant. 
 
"Why are you fol-" minseok was cut of as he saw the giant who's hand he had just froze unfroze.
 
"That hurt minseok" his low baritone voice rumbled through minseok melting his outer ice exterior. Who the hell was he? How'd he unfreeze his hand?! 
 
"I think I have a frostbitten hand now." 
 
"H-how'd you?" Minseok gaped at his nemesis blinking a few times before running off away.
 
"Wai-" he had tried to say before minseok ran away. Minseok ran until he felt a hot hand on his shoulder, which he froze again and also this time earned a frozen punch to his stomach. 
 
"Ahhh, minseok, stop doing that, it hurts" the giant said again unfreezing his hand and where he had hit. 
 
Minseok was distraught by him, he had melted everything he did but how?! Who is he? 
 
----
 
"I have a frost bite on my stomach too now" chanyeol grumbled as they walked on his huge estate. 
 
"I'm sorry... Ill treat you" minseok mumbled a few feet away from him, once again as chanyeol complained.  
 
Being near chanyeol made minseok uneasy. In compensation to aiding his frost bite they decide to exchange info.
 
"I-I'm sorry!" Minseok flustered about as he kept freezing the warm water coming out of the faucet. 
 
"Calm down, it's okay, I can re warm it" chanyeol smiled slightly.
 
"Just warm your hands gently under warm water, not too hot but warm" minseok instructed standing by the door of the bathroom. 
 
"I would help you but then I'd freeze the water again..." Minseok said looking at the floor. 
 
Chanyeol laughed brightly at minseok's troubled face, "it's okay, as long as you wrap my stomach, having a shirt on hurts." 
 
"I-I... Sure" minseok said sadly because he had caused someone to be in pain. 
 
After putting a warm towel on chanyeol's white patched tummy of minseok's hand and treating his hands he had to bandage chanyeol's torso. 
 
"Uhh..." Minseok blushed furiously at his topless competitor for four years. He had a long, lean and muscular torso which made minseok feel even more anxious. His nemesis looked so much more handsome upfront it made his stomach sink. 
 
"I'll just sit" chanyeol said as he sat on on the edge of his wide bed. Minseok just Mmm-ed in awkward agreement because he was a giant tower over minseok. 
 
"Please just stand up" minseok said quietly making sure to leave a considerable amount of space in between them. Minseok felt he'd freeze chanyeol again but then again chanyeol radiated this unbearable heat that minseok break a little sweat. Not only that, it just seemed a little too intimate for minseok to close to him. 
 
Chanyeol stood up and handed him the gauze and bandage. Chanyeol held the gauze in place while minseok lightly touched the bandage walking around chanyeol, careful not to touch his skin.
 
"I-I guess you kind of figured what I am" minseok spoke quietly making his second round around chanyeol who followed minseok as he moved. It had been a while since he started a conversation, he was curious but was so introverted it was weird to speak again. 
 
"Do you know what I am?" Chanyeol asked and minseok looked up at chanyeol. 
 
Minseok made his finally walk around chanyeol standing an awkward distance, arms length away, to keep himself from melting. 
 
"I was wondering that" minseok said as he grabbed a clip to secure the bandage around his torso. 
 
"I'm a carrier, of the Phoenix blood, I'm not full but I do have this" chanyeol said looking down on minseok with a flame in his hand. 
 
"W-what?" Minseok spoke with wide eyes taking a few steps back. 
 
A little speechless and gaping, "I-I'm a carrier of the ice clan." 
 
"No way..." Minseok said speechless taking in all the new info. He never knew that someone in his school was a carrier of elements like he was, besides suho. 
 
"No way?!" Chanyeol exclaimed. He sauntered to minseok and grabbed his hands making them sweat as soon as he placed his hot hands on his ice cold ones. 
 
"You're so cold" chanyeol gasped as he held minseok's wet hands. 
 
"Please stop, I'm going to melt!" Minseok gasped as he tried to push away from chanyeol. 
 
Chanyeol crushed minseok into his arms against his hot bare body. Minseok whimpered in cold disapproval feeling his cold ice exterior melt. 
 
"P-please," minseok tried to say as his body tried to re freeze, "you're so h-hot." 
 
"I want to make you warm, you're too cute to be cold (an ice carrier)" chanyeol almost plead as he let minseok go. Minseok kept his head down as he walked away from chanyeol. Those were the nicest things he's heard someone say in years. It made his stomach lurch. Cute? Having chanyeol hold him made butterflies tickle his insides all the way from tips of his toe or maybe it was because he hasn't hugged anyone for so long, other than his mother. 
 
---
 
"I must stay away from him... he'll melt me..." Minseok whispered as he walked around school the next day. 
 
Chanyeol constantly found minseok finding ways to be near him. Minseok was always cautious not to be too close nor to touch chanyeol but he liked being near him. He loved the warm tingly feeling he got when he stood near him. Minseok kind of liked him... Was that the feeling? Or is it the heat playing with him? 
 
---
 
"Channnn~yeolll~" a screechy high voice called out slamming her hands on minseok's desk. Chanyeol smiled up at the girl. The girl smiled sweetly as if she wasn't a gorilla that had slammed her hands on minseok's desk. 
 
"Yumi, what's up?" Chanyeol spoke with a big bright smile as she gripped her hands around his arm. Minseok felt a pang of jealousy as she held his arm in tight familiarity.
 
"Lets go out tonight and bring your friends!" She said loudly looking away from minseok. Chanyeol looked over to minseok who felt complete excluded looking out at the window. 
 
"Minseok?" Chanyeol's large warm hand on his shoulder shaking him lightly. 
 
"Oh" minseok absent mindly looked to chanyeol. 
 
Chanyeol repeated his question again and felt a hot glare on his forehead this time. Minseok looked from chanyeol to the girl. She looked like she was going to kill if minseok agreed.
 
"Uh... I... No thank you chanyeol, maybe next time" minseok said fiddling with his fingers. Chanyeol looked dejected. It's not like his friends like minseok anyway. They all thought he was a freak, weird and a loser. 
 
"Well, if you do change your mind we're hanging at Seoul karaokes place, it's not too far from here" chanyeol grinned sadly while the girl happily squealed. 
 
---
 
"Should I go? I mean I was still invited..." Minseok said aloud to himself going over the conversation, that's the first time he's been asked to go out for a long while. 
 
"But then that girls face... She looked like she didn't want me there... But then chanyeol..." Minseok wondered. Did he really want to go? Would they even want him there? 
 
---- 
 
"Chanyeol, I really like you," yumi said drawing patterns on chanyeol's arm but he wasn't paying attention. He was kind of wondering why he was here. Why is she all over him? And why minseok didn't want to come. 
 
"I know you've liked me for a while... I thought we could just..." She looked up into chanyeol's eyes with a lustful and delicate look, "go out alone... With the two of us." 
 
Chanyeol knew what she meant and he could see it in her eyes, it was all lust. The girl that he thought he knew was giving it away, he didn't like her at all, he wonders why he even liked her. Chanyeol said nothing and that was a cue for her, "I'll meet you by the bathroom and we can go if you want." 
 
Chanyeol watched her tell the friends that she was going to the bathroom and looked over at chanyeol smiling and winking before leaving. Chanyeol didn't even think. He excused himself from the group as well an left to the bathroom. 
 
----
 
"W-what am I doing?!" Minseok freaked out hiding beside the karaoke bar building.
 
"Aishhhh! Why'd I do this?!" Minseok freaked about jumping on his toes an pulling at his getup costume. He pulled on his favorite beanie and smushed his hands all over his face and glasses for studying. Minseok peeked out from his hiding spot and looked at the doors to the karaoke bar again but this time there was a person standing there. Minseok looked closer, coming out of his hiding spot a little. The figure looked just like chanyeol's... The figure looked from the ground catching a glance at minseok's face before minseok jumped back into his hideout. Minseok held his chest to calm his pounding heart. He hoped the person had surely not seen him. Minseok took a few breaths closing his eyes. Once minseok had opened his eyes he saw those eyes and his precious wide smile. Chanyeol. Minseok's breath hitched and stuck in his throat.
 
"Ch-chanyeol?!" Minseok gasped placing a hand over his heart. 
 
"What are you doing out here?" Minseok said breathlessly moving his eyes away from chanyeol while he stared deep into his soul. 
 
Chanyeol smirked and plucked minseok's glasses, "what are you doing here?" 
 
"I... Uh... Thought you were with yumi..."
 
"And if I was?" 
 
"Err..." Minseok shifted uncomfortably, "I thought you liked her." For being someone who barely talks minseok sure had assumptions. 
 
"N-nothing, I've got to go home" minseok fretted before crouching under chanyeol's arm. 
 
"You're so cute, since when did you start thinking about yumi and I?" Chanyeol took two big steps to minseok stopping in front of him. Minseok's cheeks flared. 
He didn't want chanyeol to be with yumi. 
 
"I..." Minseok began with his cheeks turning brighter, if they could. 
 
"Minseok you're so cute" chanyeol teased holding minseok's cold cheeks. 
 
"St- shut up!" Minseok shirked before trying to pull away from chanyeol who was making him melt already. 
 
The next thing chanyeol did surprised minseok. Minseok felt a searing hotness spread from his lips to everywhere in his veins. Minseok pushed away from chanyeol. Was he playing with him? 
 
Snow flakes glittered from his eyes. Surely chanyeol didn't feel the same as minseok. 
 
"Y-you jerk! H-how could you do that to me?!" Minseok spat with little frozen raindrops on his rosy cheeks. 
 
Chanyeol held minseok's shoulder kissing him lightly sending the same tingle down his spine and through out his body again. 
 
"Mhmf!" Minseok rejected chanyeol's kiss trying to hide his lips. Chanyeol pulled away, "that's because I feelings for you."
 
Minseok's eyes opened wide, off guard, chanyeol kissed minseok on his mouth pulling minseok into his warm body. 
 
"That's a kiss because I like you" chanyeol said seriously without his goofy smile. 
 
"Do you like me minseok?" Chanyeol's low voice trembled into minseok. Minseok said nothing with wide eyes not caring if he was melting. 
 
"If you don't answer me Ill kiss you for real" chanyeol said staring down at minseok who had a rush of thoughts. Does he like chanyeol? He always see the real minseok and always seeks him out. He always wants to keep him warm. Does he really like chanyeol? 
 
Chanyeol moved closer to minseok's lips. His hot breath melted his lips. Just another move would cause chanyeol to...
 
"I-I when you're near I feel warm and I always want to be near you... When I see you my heart squeezes and jumps it hurts" minseok confessed, " I don't know if the feeling is like..."
 
Chanyeol smiled and kissed minseok that set minseok's heart on fire and fireworks tingle his veins. 
 
"Good, I like you too." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
----------------
i dont know how i managed to write this... i couldnt write such scenes of minseok getten beaten... sorry -.- 
sorry to hurt our poor little bun, who did nothing. 
 
yesh, the last part is like the manga 'say i love you' i dont know. it just sparked similarity so i will give credit to the manga. 
 
I hope you guys like it so far?  please tell me what you think. 
 
I think the next part is the last part... im not to sure but i think it is. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
can i tell you how much i love this photo? TT^TT My heart burst into tiny pieces and then is set on fire.