The Results

Even Though We're Rivals

 

"The nerve of that guy." Seungah threw her fork into her empty lunch container. "I swear there's something wrong with him or something." She shook her head while the other girls looked at her.
 
"They're in your class?" Hyosung asked Jieun, who nodded in return.
 
Sunhwa sighed and looked off into the distance. "That sounds fun. Those guys are always fun to have around."
 
Seungah whipped her head in Sunhwa's direction. "Are you being serious? Maybe everyone besides Daehyun, I can live with." She shuddered.
 
Zinger shook her head and tried to change the topic. "Just three more classes and then we'll find out the spots.. Can I just go home now? Please take me there, and buy me food on the way."
 
Seungah blinked and forgot all about Daehyun for the time being. "Oh yeah! Without a doubt, you'll be your section leader. Don't think otherwise." She winked.
 
"Thanks." Zinger mumbled back.
 
The group of girls sat in the cafeteria, surrounded by other fine arts students at their school. The cafeteria was basically split up into three groups- the fine arts students, the jocks, and the studious students who focused on schoolwork more than anything.
 
Needless to say, the head of that group was the student council, like B.A.P was the head of the jocks and Secret was the head of the fine arts.
 
"Hey, don't you have to see the principal after school today or something?" Sunhwa asked Seungah. "I thought I overheard it."
 
Seungah nodded in response. "Yep. Something about the assembly coming up or something."
 
"Oh you mean that stupid beginning of the year thing?" Hyosung groaned. "When is that anyway?"
 
"Friday." Jieun answered.
 
"Tell the teachers I'm sick."
 
The girls rolled their eyes. It really wasn't a big deal for Hyosung to skip school since she did it so much anyway. She would go to class, get bored, and just sneak out.
 
"Doesn't the dance team have a routine or something?" Sunhwa raised an eyebrow. "And you're the leader?"
 
"They'll be fine without me." Hyosung waved it away with a pouting lip. "Maybe. Okay, honestly I have my doubts, but who knows, they can pull it off."
 
Zinger blinked. "But you have a solo part."
 
Hyosung's face twisted at the remembrance. "Crap, you're right. What is my life." She squeezed her eyes shut. "I'll just... Skip another day dammit." She admitted defeat. Too many excuses were too much for her.
 
The bell rang, signaling the end of lunches, and the beginning of the next block. The girls bade goodbye, and Seungah and Jieun walked to choir together.
 
They checked the seating charts. Both sat in the back row, but on opposite sides. Jieun was a soprano, Seungah an alto. They grabbed their folders full of new music and made their way to their seats.
 
"Hi, Seungah sunbaenim." 1st years greeted.
 
The senior boys of course were cocky. "What's up Seungah, Jieun, miss me?" A senior tenor by the name of Woohyun patted their shoulders.
 
"Hey, Woohyun." Jieun looked back at him. "How was your summer?"
 
He pouted. "Bad, because I couldn't see you two."
 
"Ha!" Seungah laughed once. "Well that . You and your friends didn't get into too much trouble this summer did you?" She accused with a pointing finger.
 
"Of course not!" Woohyun scoffed. "I mean, Myungsoo almost got caught swimming in Sungjong's neighbor's pool in a superman outfit, but it's complicated."
 
"Myungsoo?" Jieun asked.
 
"Superman outfit?" Seungah raised an eyebrow.
 
Woohyun looked back at them. "Crazy night, you might not want to know."
 
"Ah." Seungah nodded, trying to understand. But honestly, she didn't know if she could.
 
"That sounds... Interesting?" Jieun put out there.
 
Woohyun grunted and took a quick breath out of his nose. "You don't know the half of it."
 
The director clapped her hands and ordered everyone in their seats, and class began.
 

 
"O my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh." Zinger hid her eyes from view. "I can't look. Seungah, I can't look."
 
"I don't want to either!" Seungah complained, looking the other way. "Gosh you make it sound like competition or something, what is wrong with you?"
 
"Don't judge! I'm nervous!"
 
"And I'm not?"
 
A arm wrapped around Seungah's shoulders in a second, making her jump a bit. "What's got you two so riled up? Failed auditions or something?"
 
"Shut up Daehyun." Seungah scowled and shook his arm off. "What are you doing here anyway? Don't you have practice or something?"
 
"Or something." Daehyun confirmed. "I thought I'd be a gentlemen today and walk you to that meeting. You're going right?"
 
Seungah sighed. "Yes, I am. But I'm waiting for something, so go ahead. Don't worry, I won't miss anything." She eyed him.
 
"Don't mess up your speech, noona." Jongup gave her a thumbs up. Zelo, who was standing next to him, glanced at his pose and did the same thing, grinning.
 
"Sometimes, I think you two are the nice ones. How did you guys come out so sweet?" Seungah smiled back.
 
"Yah. I'm standing right here you know." Daehyun waved his hand in front of her eyes.
 
"Dang, I forgot." Her face became straight. "What are your still doing here anyway? Go to that meeting!"
 
"I don't want to!"
 
"Why? You afraid of the principal?"
 
"No, but you are!" Daehyun shot back. "I had to squeeze you out of detention that one time you broke the window!"
 
"If I remember right, you were the one who threw the ball because you were feeling oh so confident." Seungah waved her hands next to her face. "Geez, twirling the ball on your finger. And you said you were the best at it."
 
"I was feeling sick that day!" He made an excuse, to which Seungah gave him a look. Really? Breaking a window with a basketball because you felt sick?
 
"Seungah, Seungah, SEUNGAH!" Zinger pointed ahead of the two bickering people.
 
Seungah shifted her attention to the bulletin board where the director was posting seating arrangements. But it couldn't be seen just yet.
 
She quickly turned around, biting her lip.
 
"You look hilarious right now." Daehyun said, amused. He knew for a fact she would get first chair. Everyone did.
 
"Shut up." Seungah hissed, eyes shut tight.
 
Daehyun looked around her at the piece of paper before the two girls and smirked. "Congrats, Haha."
 
Zinger cheered at her position. "Yes!"
 
"Seungah." He swallowed. "That's too bad. Oh well. I guess I have to see you more than usual from now on."
 
"Huh?" She opened her eyes and checked the board. Relief flooded her system and she got goosebumps. She inwardly cheered and yelled. But she was in public. She would wait till she got home.
 
"Nice!" Seungah smiled and high-fived the closest to her, which was Daehyun, then hugged Zinger. "Let's go to the meeting now, huh?" She grinned proudly to Daehyun.
 
Daehyun huffed and rolled his eyes, but walked with her anyway.
 
1st chair would be fun, even if her stand parter was Sunghee.  
 
 
 
--------
 
 
 
 
PLEASE FORGIVE ME OTL
i may not update quick right now, because I have so much going on like the end of school and orchestra, but please be patient with me!
Happy reading!! ^^