New Faces

Even Though We're Rivals

 

"So? What appended? Did we crush them?" Himchan nagged Daehyun as soon as he sat down in the seat next to him in the cafe. "Of course we did, there's no other possibility!" He laughed to himself.
 
Daehyun widened his eyes. He had no idea.
 
"So? Did everything turn out fine?" Sunhwa did her part and turned over to Seungah. "Wait, don't tell me, Suho's followers won, didn't they?" She guessed, a pout on her face.
 
Seungah shrugged her shoulders. "We actually have no idea. Since its our last year, and he knows how we are about this, the principal decided to keep it a secret until Monday." Judging by the way everyone else's faces drifted off, they believed it, although Youngjae was skeptical.
 
"Don't you think he would tell you today instead of causing chaos on Monday, hmm?" He raised an eyebrow.
 
Daehyun looked him up and down. "Yah, you think we would do that to our friends?" He asked, a hand to his chest. "Well I didn't really like you either to be honest." He stuck out his tongue and Youngjae scoffed.
 
Seungah stared ahead with a straight face. "I'm going to go order something, I'll be right back." She announced and got up in line.
 
It was fairly crowded for a Sunday, so the line wasn't the shortest. Thankfully to Seungah's gratitude, the place they were at had a live stage for musicians to sing open mic, so she wasn't too bored. She ordered her drink and waited as multiple people started to get their drinks. Seungah stood behind a small crowd of people who were also watching the singer.
 
It sounded quite nice, she thought, very calming. The notes and pitches were hit perfectly and the guitar was being strummed very smoothly.
 
She inhaled let out a breath, noticing the boy's casual outfit. Just jeans and sneakers, with a black jacket over a white tee. His hair was covered with a black and red hat. She approved, not many guys knew how to dress these days, she thought, sneering at Daehyun.
 
The song finished and he looked up, across the crowd before he met eyes with Seungah, who shyly looked away as her name was called, notifying her that her drink was ready.
 
She broke out of her trance, thanked the barista, grabbed the drink and went back to her seat.
 
Hana nudged her. "So what's that?"
 
Seungah pointed to the cup with a confused expression. "My mocha Lotte?"
 
"Yeah, let unnie try it so its not too hot." She nodded, grabbed it, and took a sip or two, or five. "Pretty good." She handed it back. "Alright, I guess it's safe enough. Just looking out for you." She messed up Seungah's hair.
 
"I got it." Seungah took a breath through her teeth and took a sip of her own. She looked down at her hands. "Crap, be right back." She got up again.
 
"What is it now?" Hyosung asked.
 
"They gave me 10000 more won than they should've for my change." She answered.
 
"Is that a bad thing?" Daehyun asked, judging her.
 
Before she could answer, Yongguk hit his head. "Of course it is. You need to grow up and live humbly and right, you bad guy. Good job, Seungah." He nodded in approval.
 
"But hyung!" Daehyun whined. "That's not fair-"
 
"Listen to your hyungs." Himchan reinforced, knocking knuckles with Yongguk as Daehyun pouted in his seat, looking out the window.
 
Seungah blinked. "So, yeah, I'll be right back." She walked back and got the barista's attention.
 
"Is something wrong with your drink?" The barista asked, a little rushed from the line that was dying down as the time went by and people left.
 
"Oh, uh, no, you just gave me more change than I should get. I got back 14000 won, but I should've only gotten back 4000." Seungah informed, handing over the money and receipt.
 
The lady checked it over again, eyes widening, then showing her a warm smile. "Thank you, dear. I'm sorry for the mess up."
 
"Not at all." Seungah smiled back, bowed her head and turned to go back to her table, catching a quick glimpse of the singer again, who was starting to sing a different song.
 
She sat back down as Hyosung looked from her to the singer, then her again. After about five minutes, she nudged her. "Nice eyes, Seungah, not bad."
 
"Huh?" Seungah asked.
 
"That guy over there." Hyosung knowingly smiled at her. "He's been looking over here, particularly at you, I'm pretty sure."
 
Seungah blinked. "I don't think so. Maybe you, but not me."
 
"Why don't you go up and ask for his number?" Sunhwa added, whispering over Hyosung. "I think it's for the best for both of you." Se nodded.
 
Seungah scrunched up her face. "Nah, I think I'm gonna head home anyway, I still have a paper to write that's due on Wednesday. See you guys at school." She waved and left.
 
After she was out of sight, Hana pushed Daehyun's head.
 
"Ow! What the hell?!" He snarled, being interrupted while talking to Jongup.
 
"You ! Did you even hear anything we were saying?!" She roared. "Poor Seungah, she has to deal with you. I don't know how she does it."
 
"What? What happened?" He wondered, fully attentive.
 
Jieun rolled her eyes and Suhwa shook her head.
 
"Can you tell me?" Zelo asked Hyosung, who couldn't resist after a couple of seconds before letting it all out. "This idiot here was too focused on Jongup over there that he didn't even notice that guy over there giving looks to Seungah."
 
Daehyun closed his eyes and laid his head on the table. "Why should I? What's it got to do with me?" He asked irritably. This wasn't the first time a guy hit on Seungah and the group got on his back about it. He was kind of used to it, though he didn't know why.
 
Why not nag on Youngjae or something?
 
"Aww, he's still looking over here." Sunhwa daydreamed. "Probably wondering where she went." She looked out of the side of her eyes at Daehyun who was still resting on the table. "This guy." She pursed her lips. He'd never learn.

I know, I know it's been a looooooong time

im sorry,

there was something that came up in my family that left me unable to do lots of things. But I got all my homework in and raised my grades back up so HOPEFULLY I can update again like I used to.

For all who stayed with me I love you all! :) <3