Then, Who Won?

Even Though We're Rivals

All I can say is that calculus is a btch. AH IT FRUSTRATES ME SO MUCCHCHDH!!

Still fangirling over badman though, dang you BAP you make me so mad.

If you started school, I AM SORRY I DID TOO AND IT'S SO BAD happy reading:)


 

Time went on after the fair. Everything went smoothly and not too terrible for the two groups. Besides some minor difficulties, things went as planned.
 
There were, of course, times when Seungah left her booths to go find Daehyun to kick his , or when Daehyun ran to Seungah to complain, but that was to be expected.
 
"We so beat you." Daehyun stretched in the chair next to Seungah.
 
She scoffed. "As if. Did you see how many people came to see the dance team?"
 
"Keep dreaming. At least ours had humor to it. That's the thing with your artsy stuff, it's all classical and boring."
 
"Whatever you say." She waved it off.
 
"You guys know that this was a fundraiser for the school, right? To benefit the students and their high school experience?" Suho cut in from the middle of the two to keep them from fighting.
 
"Tch." They said in unison and faced opposite ways.
 
The day had come for the principal to announce the amounts each group raised and the total, plus which facilities will be upgraded.
 
But that's not what mattered because the sports and music departments were tied and this was the final tiebreaker.
 
The door opened to the heavy atmosphere and the principal made his way and sat down in the chair, facing the three presidents.
 
"First off, good job to you guys. Kudos. As a whole this is the highest the school has raised in your years here." He nodded, and looked down at his papers. "Second, on behalf of the school, we would like to congratulate and thank you for your dedication to this special occasion-"
 
"Can you just tell us who won already?" Daehyun leaned forward in his seat, cutting him off impatiently.
 
Over in her seat, Seungah nodded in agreement.
 
"Who... won?" The principal questioned, confused.
 
"You know, which department raised the most money." Daehyun answered. "So which is it?"
 
Principal Jang sighed in frustration and flipped through the papers. "I can't find it, maybe I didn't print it off?" He said, looking towards the hallway. He pressed a button on his phone and asked for the 'funds' again.
 
Daehyun kept moving around, agitated.
 
"Hm," the principal looked through the new documents. "Well, one of you is going to be very happy to hear this."
 
Suho chuckled. "Obviously."
 
"Come on, old man! Hurry it up!" Daehyun exasperatedly rose out of his seat.
 
Seungah widened her eyes and whipped her head around. "Excuse you, did you just call Principal Jang, 'an old man'? Are you out of your mind?"
 
"But he's taking so long!" He whined back.
 
Jang coughed, glared at Daehyun for a slight second, and slowly clapped it out. "Congratulations for bringing in the most money this year..."
 
The two were biting their lips and ready to accept whatever recognition they were about to receive.
 
"...Joonmyun. I heard your science booth did very well."
 
Suho pointed to himself and rose humbly. "W-what? W-we did?"
 
The principal nodded with a smile, shook Suho's hand, and the three students exited the office into the school hallway.
 
Seungah and Daehyun couldn't believe it. They weren't even mad, but their mouths were hanging open in surprise. How did the education department beat them?!
 
After Suho left to go study in the library, Daehyun and Seungah walked themselves outside and towards the cafe where the others were.
 
"D-did that just happen?" Seungah looked forward, mouth still agape. "We got beat out... by the nerds?!"
 
"Look who's talking." He muttered, then snapped. "I know, it's gotta be the volcano. That's where everybody went!"
 
"I mean, it was pretty cool though..."
 
"Are you saying you actually went?!"
 
Seungah scowled. "Don't act like you didn't either, you hypocrite. I saw you hiding behind Junhong, don't try to get yourself out of this one."
 
Daehyun made a face where she couldn't see. "So I guess we're tied?"
 
"I mean, I guess." Seungah scratched her head. "Wait, doesn't that mean, Joonmyun's group is in the running too? Oh my gosh, I didn't see that coming."
 
Daehyun laughed. "That's so weird. You could say that, though. Dang, what are we supposed to say to the others when we see them?" He messed up his hair. "Himchan's gonna be pissed."
 
"Hyosung isn't any better." She mumbled. The thought of Hyosung letting loose was a pretty scary thought. "Maybe we shouldn't break the news just yet."
 
"Then what are we supposed to tell them?"
 
Seungah shrugged. "The principal didn't even tell us? That he's keeping it a secret? They'll probably believe it anyway. I know you would."
 
Daehyun scoffed. "Excuse you, I wouldn't fall for something so stupid."
 
"What about last year when Yongguk told you he needed help with his report and you ended up writing the whole thing?"
 
He hesitated. "Hey, at least he let me keep it for myself after that."
 
Seungah rolled her eyes. Of course he would. The truth was that Daehyun kept procrastinating on his own report, so Yongguk had to take measures to make him write it before it was due. He, of course, already had it done and written the night before. But Daehyun didn't know that.
 
After about a minute of walking down the street in silence, Seungah broke it by laughing to herself. She turned her head.
 
Daehyun looked at her weird. "What are you laughing at? Did something happen?" He proceeded to look around.
 
Seungah shook her head and laughed even harder. "We were beat! By the education department! Everything this year was for nothing!" She hunched over. "You tried so hard to mess things up, and you still didn't win!"
 
"Neither did you!" He pointed at her, then cracked a smile himself. "Oh my gosh, it's a three way tie. What are we supposed to tell Suho? That he's in on it too?"
 
At this, she slapped his shoulder. "I can't even! Imagine him going around sabotaging our stuff! He's too much of an good guy to do that! Nice try though."
 
"You're right." Daehyun agreed. "He'd probably mess it up, and then fix it to get better than before!"
 
Seungah blinked, keeping a smile on her face. "Yeah, but they probably tried hard too though. If my mom were here, she'd say to me, 'Now, Seungah, use this as a lesson- try your hardest instead of ruining others' hard work. That's what will win you the prize'."
 
"Yeah, no." He shook his head. "It's way too much fun to mess with stuff. Gah, I never knew your mom was so cheesy."
 
"I know, right?" She nodded. "You've seen her before thought, she's big on life lessons. So is dad too though. Hm, wonder where I got my sarcasm then."
 
"I don't know but to be honest, I'm glad you turned out like that. It would've been no fun if you went with everything."
 
Hearing this, Seungah scrunched up her red face. "Ew, don't say that again. It's weird to hear you complimenting me."
 
"Who said I was complimenting?" Daehyun made a face. "I'm saying that I'm glad you're like that so I can cause more trouble for you, you ." He pushed her forehead with his forefinger and continued to walk.
 
Seungah rubbed her forehead, which would probably turn red, like the rest of her face. "This . Wait for me!" She ran up next to him again.
 
But it was funny to her because he had complimented her before, without knowing it. 'Your face entertained me more than the others in choir' or 'you played that piece of wood pretty good for being wood'. She never really understood that one though. It still didn't make sense to that day.