Chapter 2

My Dear Darling

 

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Weeks had passed since that incident with the pole, Baekhyun had even transferred to her school so they could spend some more quality time together. Although,they were always mistaken as a couple. They would always be caught together, alone, and people would assume things without even actually confirming it.

Yes, they do act like a couple. But they are nothing more than just best friends. Do they wish to be more than best friends? Oh yes they do. But right now, they like it the way it is. They don't want to ruin it. Not yet, anyways.

"Baekkkk," She pushed his shoulder with her own with a goofy smile on her face.

"Hmm?"

"Let's go out."

"Where to?" He raised an eyebrow and looked at her.

"Mm, I don't know. Anywhere. I just don't want to sit here watching football all day."

"I do. Sorry,Sica."

"Is that a ...no?" She threw him a glare and knocked his head.

"Ow..alright alright..." He muttered. "Are you on your period again or something." 

She rolled her eyes and stamped on his foot. "Like you have the right to say that."

"W-what? What's that suppose to mean!" He shoved her and she shoved back. There they go again, fighting like immature little children. He raised his hand in defeat when she tackled him on the ground and threatened to kick him in his sensitive area.

"A-alright...let's ..let's call it truce,alright?" He gulped as he felt cold sweat traveling down his forehead.

She giggled and nodded. "That's what I thought."

She stood up and extended a hand towards him, he gladly accepted it...

"Reminds me of the day we met," He smiled lightly as he recalled the memory.

"Yea," She heaved out a lovely, angelic sigh. Baekhyun looked at the beautiful, flawless woman he fell in love with. Was it wrong to be one of her many admirers? No it wasn't. It was never wrong. Because the best part is, she's an admirer of him.

Jessica cleared and yanked him up.

"Let's go shall we?"

He chuckled lightly and nodded. She wrapped her arms around his arm and leaned her head down on his shoulder.

No wonder they get mistaken as a couple. Sheesh. Babos. - Says 9everSoshiAddict. - I wonder who made them like that .-.

Jessica sat there in the cafe, sipping her hot chocolate, as she sipped she watched the droplets of snow fall slowly and land in the piles of snow already on the ground. It was nice to just sit here in the winter and admire the beauty of nature. She smiled lightly to herself as many memories flashed through her mind about her winter with him.

Baekhyun was sitting on the couch, in the cabin on Big Bear mountain. Jessica,herself was beside him, sleeping peacefully with her head resting on his shoulder, and his arm wrapped around her.

They still weren't a couple though.

They were just comfortable with each other's touches and warmth.

He looks down at the beauty sleeping in his arms, he smiled to himself and kissed the top of her head before resting his own head on hers and closing his eyes for a short rest.

By the time Baekhyun had woken up, his arms were feeling...empty. He glanced down and there was no female there. He got up quickly and looked around, looking for Jessica.

"Jessica?"

No reply.

He ran up the wooden stairs of the cabin and called out her name several times in every room, hoping to see her somewhere in the area. Still no sign or sound from her.

He scrambles down the stairs and scurries into the kitchen, and called her name once more.

"Looking for me?" The squeaky, innocent voice he adored was heard from the living room. He walked in and to his relief Jessica was back on the couch.

"Where were you? I almost had a heart attack," He called out.

"Happy...Early April Fools' then?" She chuckled.

"April Fools?" He rolled his eyes. "If you're going to fool me, then ACTUALLY do it on April Fools' Day."

Jessica giggled and nodded. "Sir, Yes, Sir!" She saluted him with a wide smile tugging on her lips.

"You're so childish."

"Oh, mister, you're one to say."

"Whatever."

She smiled to herself again, it was such wonderful memories to recall. She missed them too. The happiness they had. The way they would smile so lovingly at each other. She misses him and loves him. But where is he now? Not here, with her, that's for sure.

Jessica took out her phone and pressed the home button, and checked the time.

1:25 pm.

Her sharp nails tapped, rhythmically, on the wooden table in the Cafe. She looked around the Coffee shop for a waitress. It was time for her to exit. She waved her hand up in the air as she found a waitress, the worker immediately walked over and she requested for the bill. The woman nodded and went to retrieve it for Jessica.

Once she was given the bill, she paid for it quickly and stood up, walking past the other tables and people in the Cafe, she pushes the door open but someone from the other side had opened it.

"Jessica," His voice. That beautiful voice she misses.

Jessica looks up and smiles,sadly.

"Hi, Baek,"

"Sorry, am I late?"

"Uhm..well just a bit," She replied and stepped back into the Cafe. "But we could still have a short chat."

"Sure," He smiled and walked over to an empty table with her.

Now, you may be wondering why she's having a meet-up with the one that broke her heart. Well,technically it was the opposite, but she heart-broken too. She just wanted to talk to him again, but in the back of her mind, what she really thought was that she might have a chance to fix everything and live happily ever with him.

Maybe.

 

 

"So how have you been?" He started the conversation before the silence got worse.

"I've been good, graduated college last week," She her cold, dry lips and stared down at the table.

"Really? Congratulations! Wish I could've celebrated with you..." His voiced trailed off elsewhere, and his mind traveled back to the past, as his eyes stayed glued on the cup of coffee in front of him.

Baekhyun looked down at his drink before taking a sip and looking around for Jessica. But he couldn't spot him with all the other people around him. They were having a celebration for Jessica because she was accepted into another college. A college she's been applying to and studying for. She finally got to transfer to college of her dreams. 

Although, Baekhyun didn't like it one bit, it means she's moving to a different university, and he might not see her as much. He's going to miss her even if it is just switching schools. But he won't say anything, since he knows how much this means to her.

"Baek?" The nasally voice called out and tapped her shoulder. He turned his head, already knowing who it is and immediately smiled.

"Hey ,Sica."

"Sorry, I was dragged away by my parents, they wanted to gloat about me," She rolled her eyes like it was nothing.

"Well they should! You're amazing!" He smiled and stood up, giving her a small, semi-hug.

"Thanks."

"No problem," He smiled and kissed her temple

No, they're still not a couple - says 9everSoshiAddict - Sorry .-.

 

"Baek? Baek?" Jessica waved her hands in front of his face with a concerned look.

"H-huh?" He shook his head and squeezed his eye shut, and opened them and smiled apologetically.

"Sorry, lost in thought," Baekhyun chuckled and slid his hand through his hair.

"Don't worry about it, I do that all the time nowadays."

"So, what were you saying,Sooyeon?" Her heart sank. He didn't call her Sica...he just called her Sooyeon. Have things between them changed that much that he's using her formal name? Is she suppose to call him Baekhyun isntead now? 

She gazed out the window, biting on her lips to prevent a frown from forming in front of him.

"Oh, it was nothing," Jessica sighed out and forced a smile.

The waitress finally came by to pick their orders up, it was the same waitress from before,  but obviously she didn't even recognize Jessica. The waitress was too busy looking at her Baekhyun...

Was it wrong of her to still look at him as hers? It's not wrong if he doesn't know right? Right.

"What can I get you two? We have a lovely Christmas Couple special if you like."

Couple. They were always mistaken as a couple. No matter what.

Baekhyun cleared his throat and shook his head, "A low-fat Caramel Frapp please."

"Low-fat huh?" Jessica smiled and looked at him.

"Well I have to keep in shape, don't I?"

They both laughed a bit before the waitress walked off with their orders.

"Gosh, it's like the start of college again,right?" Baekhyun sighs.

"What do you mean?" She tilts her head to side and an eyebrow.

"We were always mistaken as a couple in the beginning of college," He simply said.

She nodded slowly and whispered an 'Oh' as her answer.

"Yea," He looked out the window and her eyes followed his, and watched the cars passing by.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" He averted his attention back to her and smiled. She smiled back and nodded.

Soon, minutes later, Baekhyun's order had arrived, and he was smiling giddily. That same, stupid smile of his. Jessica let out a sigh of relief to know he hadn't changed much, he was still as handsome, charming, and stupid as he was back in their freshman year of College. It's nice to feel at peace again.

"Is it good?" Jessica asked as he his Philtrum that was covered in his Frappuccino's whip cream.

"Hmm?"

"Your drink, is it good?"

"Oh, yes. I always ordered this..."

"I know."

"You know?" He raised an eyebrow and looked at her.

"Yea. Remember whenever we go to a Cafe or any place, you'd order a Caramel Frappuccino. But never a low-fat one."

"Oh, I remember," Just like Jessica, he found himself smiling and going back to those memories.

"Babo! Slow down!" Jessica screamed at Baekhyun as he was speed-walking to the Coffee Shop.

"But I really want my Frappuccino!" He whined and stopped walking, waiting for Jessica to catch up.

"Whatever," She rolled her eyes and walked past him and opened the door. "Ladies first."

"Are you calling yourself a man then? I feel honoured to be a lady," He chuckled and walked in.

"Is there a difference?" Jessica smiled and followed behind.

"Yes there is, males have different parts, meaning they--"

"Please, let's save it for Health, not here,"

"Heh, alright," He smiled cheekily and walked over to the counter to order some drinks. "What do you want, Sica?"

"Mm, just get me Vanilla Bean."

"Alright," He began ordering as Jessica went to an empty table and sat down, waiting for Baekhyun to come accompany her. Finally, for what seemed like eternity to her, Baekhyun joined and sat on the opposite side of her and slid her drink across the table.

"Thanks."

"No prob," Baekhyun poked his straw into his and began sipping like there's no tomorrow.

"Relax,Baek, you act like someone's going to go up to you and take your drink," Jessica giggled at her best friend.

"They might," He shrugged and smiled, sipping happily on his Frappuccino.

"Are Frappuccinos that good?"

"Yea they are. Want to try?" He then slid his drink down to her.

"Mm, alright," Jessica picked up the drink and covered the top of the straw in , and up the liquid into . She made a sour face once the she swallowed a sip and passed it back to Baekhyun.

"Ew! It's so...bitter! How do you even drink that?"

Baekhyun chuckled at the sight in front of him. She was adorable. He figured he wouldn't like it, since thier tastes are pretty different.

"Well, you were the one that wanted to try,"

"Whatever,"

 

The two sat there in silence before one spoke up.

"Jessica?"

"Hmm? What is it?"

"You want to try my frapp?" He tried not to crack a smile but he couldn't help it, a smile formed on his face as he said those words.

"Are you crazy? Do you not remember what happened the last time I tried it?"

"Oh, come on, that was like what? 3 years ago?"

There was a long silence after what he said.

3 years....1 year missing you, 2 years missing you and crying over you, 3 years missing you, crying over you, and never forgetting you. And for those past 3 years, I never stopped loving you. And it doesn't seem like I ever will.

They have had different tastes, but they thought alike, it was scary on how much they were alike through personality and thoughts.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm good," She smiled a bit and got up. "I should get going anyways."

He got up immediately and grabbed her arm before she walked any further.

"I-if you want, we could you know..swap numbers and keep in contact? Another meet-up?" With her back facing him, the biggest smile was plastered on her face, tears were threatening to fall. She really might have a chance to fix everything after all.

"Sure," She replied.

After the swapping of numbers, they bid goodbye to each other.

And hoped for better the next time they meet.