Chapter 4

My Dear Darling

  •   

 

 


MyDearDarling


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Its the easiest thing to do. To fall in love, but it's ever so difficult
to pull yourself back up, dust yourself off and completely believe and
know you're finally over that one person who got you head over
heels in the first place. I dare you to close your eyes and say
'I don't love you anymore.'"

 

 

 

 

 

 

The short brunette managed a bitter smile as she gazed at the couple. She would watch as the female would giggle at the man's words, which would cause him to lift up a small smile, when the two would just gaze at each other ever so lovingly like there was no one else around them, when their hands intertwine across the table, locking their fingers and holding on tightly as if if they had let go, it would cause them both to collapse in loss, those moments when they would steal light kisses from each other, bothing laughing afterwards. Oh how she was once like that, so madly in love with the man who broke her heart, and still is in love. With those broken pieces, she continues to love that man, no matter how hard she tried not to, no matter how much she wanted to believe it was all over, it really wasn't. Deep down in the young, aging woman's shattered heart, she knew she had something to hold on to, whether or not he felt the same.

 

 

Her pale, slim fingers wrapped around the coffee mug, lifting it to her thin, pink lips and taking a light sip out of it. She couldn't help but scrunch her nose as the heat lashed against her tongue, burning the pink flesh slightly. The woman was having her daily coffee, at her favorite cafe ever, Express 99,  where the coffee is the fresh to refreshment. She would never have coffee elsewhere, even if the place closed down — which most likely won't happen considering how popular, and busy this cafe is — she still wouldn't dare lay her lips on some other type of coffee.

 

 

"Hey, Jessica, here again, huh?" A low, scratchy voice called out, and before she knew it, the chair across from her was pulled out, and a man had settled down it.

 

 

"Well, gee, thanks for joining," She mumbled, rolling her eyes slightly as she took the moment to take another drink of her coffee.

 

 

A light laugh emitted from the young man's throat. Jessica laid her eyes on his face, cracking a light smile when their eyes met.

 

 

"Why are you always here alone, hm?"

 

 

"Because I hate it when my coffee time is intruded by another's voice," Jessica bluntly stated, "Besides, it's the only relaxation I get, some peace and quiet."

 

 

"Ah, I see, well, sadly, I'm intruding, hope you don't mind."

 

 

"Yea, sadly."

 

 

There was a moment of silence, it wasn't awkward, or unusual. They both, obviously, quite enjoyed the moment of silence, it's always been like this anyways. They'd run into each other every day at the cafe, he would grab a seat in her table, chat with her for a bit, and they'd just sit there afterwards, enjoying their time before reality truly hits them.

 

 

"Still waiting for him?" The young man suddenly blurted.

 

 

It was an expected question from him, for he asks the same thing everyday. She would reply with the same answer.

 

 

"Am I?"

 

 

It irked him every day, she would answer with such a cold front, he disliked it very much. He wished for a straight forward answer she'd always give when he asked about several other things, but when the topic comes to him, she replies with some idiotic question.

 

 

"Jessica."

 

 

"Sehun," The brunette mocked, her eyes now switching off to the see-through glass walls, gazing out into the street. It was rather foggy today, dark and gloomy, but it had a hint of joy and happiness swirling within it. Perhaps it was the streetlights shining, or the multi-colored cars driving buy. Or maybe, she was just in a good mood.

 

 

"It's stupid waiting for the likes of him, he's pathetic and you shouldn't be-"

 

 

Suddenly her mood was ruined.

 

 

"Shut up."

 

 

Jessica abruptly stood up, lifting her purse strap over her shoulder while at it, and began walking out the cafe, leaving the boy and the coffee mug there.

 

 

 

 

 

"Fancy finding you here."

 

 

Her body tensed before relaxing once again when she felt his hand rest on her shoulder. Jessica was only strolling in the park after her some-what overdramatic exit of the cafe, breathing in the lively feeling that toxicated the air. Although, being the lazy type she was, she walked towards a nearby tree, and settled herself on the grass, resting her back against the trunk of the tree.

 

 

"Hi, Baek," Her lips curved into a sad smile.

 

 

The short-ish man settled down besides her, they were still a bit awkward after their recent phone conversation, but they let it slide, acting as if it never happened. They never really meet up as much anymore, and they're both thankful whenever they get the chance to see each other, or simply run across each other. Well at least, she feels thankful, she's never too sure what goes on in Baekhyun's head. Never did.

 

 

The silence between them was thick, and horrid. It was awkward, it wasn't peaceful like the way she wanted it to be, it wasn't comforting, it was actually pretty nerve wrecking. Then he broke the silence;

 

 

"I think I better go."

 

 

Jessica just wished he wouldn't open his mouth sometimes, and these are those times she wished he didn't. As awkward as they are when they're together, she still didn't want him to leave her side. Not again.

 

 

"Yea, I should too, I have errands to run," She forced a smile.

 

 

"Well, I'll see you later, I guess," He returned a smile, but the only difference is, his was genuine.

 

 

 

 

 

And that night, she recieved a call.

 

 

 

 

 

There they were, out on her rooftop just like the kids they were back in 2010. They lay there, staring up towards the stars, right next to each other, they share laughter, memories, and flooding themselves with the joy they had missed so much.

 

 

"Hey, you see that star right beside the moon?" He pointed out, moving his hand more over to her view, directing it towards one of the bright diamonds in the sky.

 

 

"What about it?"

 

 

"It's just cool," He laughed.

 

 

Jessica elbowed his arm, playfully, but she couldn't help to laugh with him. Its been so long since she's spent happy moments with Baekhyun, it really felt like the first week they spent together as friends.

 

 

She shut her eyes for a split second, only to have memories flash through her mind.

 

 

"What a ," The blonde mumbled.

 

 

"Who are you calling a ?"

 

 

"Uhm, I don't know, who's the standing on my roof?" She called out from below her house.

 

 

"Hm, I don't know about , but how about a handsome devil?" Even from way above, she could still spot that cheeky grin of his, it shined almost as brightly as the moonlight, and of course, she found it very charming as usual.

 

 

"Get off my roof, Baek!"

 

 

As if on cue, he took a step forward, causing his front toes to hit a bump from her rooftop, it didn't seem like much of a bump, but he sure reacted greatly towards it. Howling in pain, he stumbled slightly, falling on his back, and before she knew it, she was tumbling off his roof.

 

 

"You're lucky the snow broke your fall." Jessica mumbled as she paced around in the hospital's room.

 

 

"Did you see your expression?!" His eyes brimmed with tears, as pain and non-stop laughter rippled through his entire body. "You were l-literally crying! Begging-g me to s-stay alive!"

 

 

Jessica's cheeks flushed red, as she stomped her foot against the marble floor, her lower lip jutting out. She couldn't stand this idiot,  but yet, she smiled.

 

 

"I love you."

 

 

Her eyes immediately shot open, and when she looked over towards Baekhyun, his were probably just as wide as hers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
R8Ndtc3.gif






❛AUTHORS NOTE..
 
 

sorry for such a long wait for an update, I didn't mean to keep you guys waiting.
i've just been on hiatus and such, so please do forgive me. i bet some of you are
as impatient as I can be. so once again I apologize. I also, I do not re-read my c-
hapters, so please, do ignore my typos, and fail of grammar. I will try my best to
go back and fix them later. Thank you for being 'patient' for an update, my beaut.