Chapter 3

My Dear Darling

Jessica bites down on her lip, preventing a smile from forming. Ever since that meeting with Baekhyun, she couldn't get it out of her mind. She wanted to meet him again but too nervous to ask, she had his number and she even put it on speed dial, but she wasn't sure if she should bother him.

She sighed and squeezed her eyes shut, she dropped her back down onto her bed, and her head banged onto the soft, fluff pillow. Once again, her mind flashes to their , oh so, special memories. Memories she will treasure till the end.

The way Baekhyun could read her so easily, scared her. She doesn't understand how, but he broke down her barrier, he can read past her happy facade, he can get anything out of her. How? Did she not protect herslef enough? No, that's not true. She protects herself so well, that even her family can't break through. But how did he?

"Jessica, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"I know it's nothing...you can't hide it from me, tell me."

"What's there to tell?"

"Everything."

Within seconds she bursts out into tears, and collapse herself into his embrace, was it wrong to suddenly break down like that? But what could she do? His words and actions made her feel vulnerable, but yet he was there to protect that side of her. Baekhyun had found her blind spot.

After several minutes of crying and sobbing, she pulled away and looked up at him. His eyes were shut, but that was even better for Jessica to get a perfect view of his features.

The outline of his jaw looked perfectly smooth, his eyelids were not very noticable since they hide under one another, his cheeks were inbetween chubby and flat, but it looks chiseled, his eyelashes were not very long, but they were thick, his wavy hair blocks those thick-black eyebrows of his, his nose isn't a button nose, it was sharp. And his lips. 

The lips she loves to gaze at, the semi-plump lips that are planted below this beautiful man's nose. The lips she always dreamt of kissing. 

Jessica shut her eyes before carefully, and slowly tip-toeing and leaning in, closer to his face.

She snapped her head up when she heard her phone ringing. She extended her arm towards the night stand,where her phone was placed, and picked it up. Jessica glanced at the caller ID and quickly answered.

"B-baek?"

"Hi Sica. How are you?"

"I've been good, how are you?"

"I've been good, and that's nice to hear. Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to go out on--" His call was intruded by another incoming call. 

Kris.

She sighed and told Baekhyun she was putting him on hold before answering Kris' call.

"Yes?"

"Hey Sica, I was wondering if you were busy on Sunday?"

"No, I'm not."

"Then, let's go out to eat, yes? Alright, pick you up at 3."

Before she could reply, he hung up. She only rolled her eyes and quickly went back to Baekhyun's call.

"Sorry, I'm back."

"It's fine. Anyways, as I was asking, I was wondering if you wanted to go out on Sunday? Maybe to the park or something?"

Sunday? Sunday..

"Of course! What time?" Jessica's heart raced, having a chance to spend some more time with him was something she was begging for.

"Anytime you like, darling."

There was a moment of silence, after so many years that one word sprung out of his mouth. The word that would always make her heart race and pound against her chest, so he still remembers,huh? Darling. Yes, darling, and what did she call him in return? Dear. They both remembered it very well.

"Yah, babo-ah," Jessica whacked his face with a couch pillow. 

"Yes, darling?" He lightly chuckled before taking the pillow away and placing it under his bottom.

"Don't sit on my pillow! And since when did you call me darling?"

"Too late. And...starting now? Darling~"

"You're such a tease."

"That's all your gonna say? No sweet nickname for me?"

"Whoever said it was sweet? It made me wanna barf," She puffed her cheeks and placed her hand over . "But I'll try my best to keep it in."

He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Why so mean?"

"I could be meaner," Jessica pursed her lips and shrugged.

"But you won't, because you love Baekie."

She clunks her tongue and looks at him. "That's what you think."

"Yes it is something I think and believe, and I know it's something true~" He cooed, mockingly.

"How would you know it's true?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

"I just do," Baekhyun shrugged and smiled. "If you didn't, I'd be sad and cry, and you wouldn't want that right?"

"I don't know," Jessica clunked her tongue again. 

"I see why they call you Ice Princess," He frowned a bit at her response and looked away.

"Well, there's a reason for my facade," She simply stated and placed her hand over his. "Everything has a reason, you know?"

"Whatever," Baekhyun shifted his position so that half his back is faced her. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your fragile heart, dear," Jessica smiled and scooted closer to him. His head immediately shot up and looked at her.

"Dear?" Baekhyun had thee goofiest, silliest, most pathetic, but yet the biggest smile on his face, ever. Dear.

Darling and Dear.

"Y-you still remember?" She croaked through the phone. She could feel getting clogged, and her vision fogging up.

There was a breathy moment before he replied a yes.

"I..I have to go, Sooyeon."

There he goes again, calling her Sooyeon. It was hurtful, but yet this other part of her was jumping with joy, he still remembered their nicknames. They were simple nicknames, but they meant the world to the both of them. It was something they weren't willing to forget or let go of.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     - Sorry for any typos or mistakes, I am aware that they may be many, but I will not go back and fix them, sorry. -

 

 

 

 

 

 •