Chapter 1

My Dear Darling

Winter. It was always her favorite time of year. It represented every being of her. Cold. Bitter. Bleak. It was all she was and perhaps all she'll ever be. 

Being cold was only defending herself. Her pride. Her vulnerbility. It was hard to build this shield, because she didn't know how to let go. Actually, there's a small part of her that she does not protect. That one area, is filled with love and hate for the man who broke her heart.

It's quite funny how even though her heart is shattered to pieces because of him, those little pieces still end up loving him. I guess in a way, it just means she misses him, oh dear god, she misses him so much. But she ruined everything. And he was her everything.

 

 


 


 

Meet Jung Jessica, a beautiful, charming, young woman at the age of 23. Her beauty could be seen from miles away, it was truly angelic. Her prescense gives off a flavoured, y taste. It was mesmerizing. Any man would fall for her with a snap of a finger. 

The way her long, silky, brown hair would flow down her back, and the tips would flail from the wind once in a while. And her flawless, pale, smooth skin that was indescribable. Her chocolate-brown, twinkling eyes could pierce an innocent man's heart with just one look. Her pearly-whites smile can send shivers and wonderful sensations down a man's back. Did she do it on purpose? No she did not. She never meant to do so. And because of these perfections, she captured a man's soul. A man that she adores and loves. The way they met was quite funny, really. She could remember till this day.

 

He was a newspaper boy at that time, boy it was many years ago. He was just another local boy around her neighborhood, but yet he still managed to catch her attention. How? By running into a pole. It was very funny indeed.

It all started on a Saturday, to be exact it was on April 18, 2010. It was on her very special day. Her birthday. And he was the best gift she's ever recieved. She was turning 19. Her peak of being an official adult. She had just got back from her univeristy, Sondup University of Seoul. It was now officialy spring break for her and she decided to stay with her family for a while. She misses them dearly of course. 

She had just gotten out of her car, it wasn't a very special car though, since she doesn't have enough many yet to afford a better one. So for now, she owns a Toyota. It was a version they made last year, in 2009.

So, as Jessica was getting out of a car, suddenly something whacked her head. It bounced off and landed on the ground, it didn't really hurt since it was only newspaper in a bundle. She picked it up and turned around to look for the source. There she saw a young boy gazing at her, he looked about the same age, she flashed him a smile and waved the newspaper at him. He was riding on a bicycle with a basket in front full of a bag of newspaper. She looked ahead and her eyes widened.

She tried to call out to him but no reply. He probably couldn't hear her through the wind imapcting and the helmet covering his ears. Before he could smile and wave back...

His bicycle ran into a pole.

Jessica gasped and ran over to him and knelt beside the boy's body, sprawled on the ground. All she could hear him say was nothing but groaning in pain.

"Are you ok?!" She lifted his back up and helped him sit up. "Didn't you hear me? I told you to look out!"

In reply he sighs and shook his head. "S-sorry I didn't." After that one sentence he cried out in pain, his entire body felt numb.

"Should I call the hospital? 911?" She paniced, since she has never delt with a situation like this.

The boy shook his head and unsteadily stood up, foot by foot.

"I'm fine...it'll be a total backache but I'm fine." He lightly chuckled and smiled oh so brightly.

"How could you still be happy after that impact you just took?" She raised an eyebrow at the strange male.

"I mean, I just find it funny. Don't you?"

"Not really...it must've hurt."

"It did, of course. But still..running into a pole like a babo?"

Jessica understood and bit down her lips, trying not to burst out laughing.

"I know you're trying to laugh." He pushed her shoulder slightly. "Go ahead and laugh your head off for all I care."

With those words, she cracked up and laughed, she bent forward and rested her hands on her knees, to keep herself on her feet. Within seconds he joined in on her laugh fest, and together they laughed their like a bunch of idiots in the middle of the street. They were laughing as though they had been best friends for years.

It felt like that too.

Once they stopped laughing, they looked at each other for a moment with wide smiles plastered on their faces.

"I'm Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun to be exact." He extends his hand towards her, being the one to first introduce.

"I'm Jung Jessica." 

"Jes-shicar?" She giggled at his way of pronounciation. It was cute. 

"Your english isn't very good is it?"

"Nope." He shook his head and laughed a bit. "Jessica."

"Yes, Jessica." She nodded and smiled.

This is how it all began. She spent the entire Spring break with him instead of her family, but once in a while they would go over to each other's place and meet the family members.

And a side-note, Krystal, Jessica's younger sister, is a total flirt.