She's Back

The Day We Break Up

"Maru...Kang Maru"he said with a wide grin on his face.He just looked cute with his over size specs.

"And this speechlees girl here is my friend,Chaewon..Moon Chaewon,your lab partner aka his father owns this school"Sooyoung started to talk nonsenses.Chaewon nuckled her with her elbow.

"Just call me Chaewon."She smiled with a very noticeable pink blush on her face.

It's Monday.The Monday blue.Not like last week,that Monday she didn't get an annoying wake up call from Sooyoung and her bedroom door was still tightly closed.Chaewon jumped from her bed,and walked like a happy five year old towards her bathroom.

30 minutes to go...Chaewon arrived early and waiting eagerly for the first class to start.Chemistry lab.She was smiling to herself or the wall infront of her perhaps.

20 minutes to go...He arrived,Kang Maru.He greeted her with a wide smile that could melt her heart anytime.He took his seat,two rows in front of her.The classroom was starting to get full with students.But her friends was no where to be found.

5 minutes to go...Sooyoung and Jessica finally arrived.Jessica was giving Sooyoung a lecture about the extinction of polar bear again.Chaewon saw Maru was getting up from his seat and she did the same thing.Chaewon grabbed her lab coat when Jessica stopped her from moving any further.Catching up with Maru.

"Wait for us...don't let me be alone with this..."The ice princess pointed at the airhead Sooyoung,who had no idea what actually Jessica was talking about to Chaewon. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As usual our three divas...take a seat.Late for our very first experiment as expected,I see."Both Jessica and Sooyoung scoffed.

Chaewon took her seat next to Maru,obviously.After some blabbering from their Chemistry teacher,the famous polar bear,the experiment finally began.Chaewon had no idea what to do since she forgot to read her lab manual last night,spending girly times with the girls and a welcoming party for Seohyun.

Maru tilted his head as he looked at Chaewon curiously.

"What?Is there something on my face?"Chaewon asked as she avoided eye contact with her lab partner.

"That's the burette."

"Huh?I-i know...I was just about to rinsed it with distilled water before putting the hydrochloric acid inside it."

"Oh...I'll prepare the sodium hydroxide."Maru said and took a conical flask with him.

Chaewon took a deep breath.She was glad that Maru didn't caught her.She look at the table across theirs and saw her two friends were bickering instead of doing their experiment.Shae was gald she had Maru as her lab partner.Really glad that when Maru walked toward her she saw him shining brightly.There was a glow behind him.

"Chaewon-shi,that's not how you do it."Chaewon was suprised and at the same time she was flattering.

Maru hand was over hers and he was so close behind her as if they were back hugging.Slowly Maru hand moved in a circular motion.

"That's how you do it."Maru said and he let go of Chaewon's hand.

"How's the titration going on,students?"

"Oh,sir...urmm,here's our result.Is it,okay?"

"Urmm,well done.Just make sure the difference is not too big."

Mr. Shin left them and went to Jessica and Sooyoung table.It was a mess.Chaewon could saw it clearly.Then,Chaewon realised Maru was waving his hand in front of her face.

"Focus.If we do it at this rate we can get out early.I'm glad that you are my lab partner."Maru said as he gave away his cute grin.

Chaewon heart's was about to jumped out.She smiled shyly at his words.He was glad that they were spending time together.She was glad that she's so close to him.Is she already falling for him that moment?

After the first Chemistry lab,Chaewon's heart won't stop beating so fast everytime she saw Maru face,smile and when he talked to her she would just frozed like an idiot.She had to admit that,he had secretly stolen her heart.Making her heart all flattery without her own permission.

"I-i li-like you."Her face was completelt red.

"..."

"I know this is to sudden...but...I don't know.Just forget it.A joke..haha"Chaewon giggled in embarassment."Gotcha...April fool."Chaewon said as she scratched the invisible itch in her head.Chaewon dropped her head down looking at the floor,since there was no response from the guy in front of her.Pool of tears actually started to formed.

It was silence and awkwardness between the two friends.They were spending time together in the library to finish their lab report.Chaewon didn't knew why that evening she just couldn't hold back her feelings.She just blurted it out like a fool.A total fool,right in front of the person that she obviously didn't  want to show any foolishness.

"I'll get going now."Chaewon said as she bit her lower lips.She started to put her stuffs inside of her back pack as her hands crazily trembled.Her face turned completely white from red.

Chaewon took a few steps out of the library.She bit her lower lips harder to stop the threathening tears from flowing down her face.

"Chaewon!"She heard a familiar voice calling out for her name.But it couldn't be.Not after what had just happened.She just walked away without looking back as her tears flow down her soft cheeks.Then,something made her stopped.Someone grabbed her by the hand and that person was breathing heavily.

"Yahhh...If you like me,how can you just ignore me just like that.Hey,look at me."Maru forcefully turned Chaewon to face him.His eyes widened when he saw the tears flowing down her face."W-wah..I mean what's wrong?"

"I-i ju-just...I don't k-know.You just stood..there...tears..flowing.I hate you..."Chaewon mumbled in between her sobs.

"Aigoo...you like me that much."Maru tried to calm her down and tapped her head lightly."You didn't gave me enough time to think,pabo...I ac-c actually like you too."Chaewon lifted her head and saw the wide grin that she love so much.Maru wiped away the tears on her cheeks and smiled brightly at the foolish girl in front of him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seohyun was sitting at the school cafeteria minding her own business.A few minutes later her bickering friends,Jessica and Sooyoung  joined her.

"Seohyunie..."Sooyoung greeted her cheerfully.

"So,are you back for good?"A straight forward question from the ice princess.

"What do you think?"Seohyun asked her back as she put down the book that she was actually reading.

"Yahhh...I asked you first!"

"That's right.Stop being so secrective with us.We are your friend.Where were you for two years?Didn't even bother to call or at least sent a letter to us."Sooyoung asked as she pouted.

"Wow Sooyoungie...you finally agree something with Jessica...ngie?"Seohyun chuckled.

"Stop it,you meanie.Tell us,we are you friend...or are we?"

"Yes you are."Seohyun answered with a serious tone."I think you guys had an idea why I left suddenly,without telling anyone.Including you guys.My parents divorced.They were busy getting every penny from each other and not even care to fight for custody.Me.I came back because everything's over.Both of them had stop fighting over the divorced and living their own lifes including me.The house belongs to me now.Just like what I wanted,without hearing them shouting at each other all day."Seohyun explained with a grin on her face when she said the last sentence.

"Yahhh...where's the little devil,Chaewon?"Jessica said trying to change the subject of their topic.Eventhough,she has the nickname ice princess,but she is actually a good friend.Deep down her icy expression there's a warm smile that could only be seen by her friends.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

cute-rabbit-emoticon-010.gif  To be continued...