Final

The Day We Break Up

6 Months Later

Chaewon was unpacking her stuffs.It was summer vacation.The four of them had spent a whole week in Busan.Eventhough,it was scorching hot,they had a lot of fun.They went to the beach and a few guys were hitting on Seohyun as usual.Sooyoung got really pissed off because of that,probably she’s jealous or she was having a hard time to forget his ex-boyfriend.It had been a month since they broke up.

“Chaewonnie…what you’re doing?”

“Sooyoung!I just arrived home.What do you thing I’m doing?”

“Mmmm…dunno.Let’s go get some ice cream,Chaewonnie.”

“Dun wan…Chaewonnie tired.Go finds someone else.”

“I did.Jessica didn’t answer my call and Seohyun was going to some bookstore.”

“Why didn’t you tag along with Seohyun?”

“Nahh..I hates books.Chaewonnie,kaja…kaja…kaja…”

“Can’t. I need to get prepare for the arranged marriage meeting this evening.”

“So,you finally agreed with it?”

“What other choices I have?Besides,I’m not some main character in a melodrama.If I’m against the arrangement,there will be a huge mess up in my family tree.”

“So,can I help you with your preparations?”

“A big NO for you,Sooyoung.End.”

“Chaewon-ah,why did you broke up with Maru?I mean,you didn’t even give him time to explain himself.Are you really over him now?Is it that easy to forget him?”

Chaewon sighed.

“Sooyoung,you are not over him yet?...I-I just don’t want anyone to get hurt by my own selfish feeling for him.”

“Who?Seohyun,I think she’s just mad that Maru played with her heart.Plus,you know right to whom her heart really belongs to.It’s Yongwha”

“It’s not her.It’s Maru.The way he look at her was different.Totally different.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaewon’s POVs

I’m in a restaurant with my appa sitting beside me.He kept tapping his finger on the dining table making me more nervous.He’s probably anxious,hoping the guy that was supposed to be my husband-to-be would not be running away with  another girl.It would be funny though if that really happen.I let out a small giggle.My appa notice that and gave me his deadly glare.

Then,a waitress came in,followed by two men.One of them was about my father age.He must be my father-in-law-to-be.Being in this situation right now,it seem like I’m really going to get married to a stranger because of my family business.The next 10 years of my life going to be full of craps.

My appa gently poked me,signaling me to have a seat.Great,I’m daydreaming on my arranged marriage dinner.More like nightdreaming.Snapped out of it Chaewon.I sat down and sheepishly smiled.Then,I realised….I must be still dreaming.

“Miss Chaewon must be nervous.”My appa nodded his head and slightly slapped my shoulder.”I’m Mr Kang.Your father and I used to go to the same high school.We’re best friend.I’m so happy that Miss Chaewon agreed about the arrangement.”I nodded.About that arrangement?Well not anymore!

“This is my son and your fiancé,Kang…”

“Maru.”I cut off.”We go to the same school.He’s my classmate.”And my ex-boyfriend.

During the dinner,I just stuffed the food quickly inside my mouth.If I eat faster I hope the dinner will be over in no time.I’ll go home with appa and tell him to break off the arrangement.If they still want the arranged marriange to between the two families,I’ll suggest Mr Polar Bear to do it instead.A perfect plan.

Finally,my plate was emptied.I excuse myself to go to the ladies room.I just felt uncomfortable with the secret glances from Maru.

After fixing my makeup and hair,I got out of the ladies room.I was starled to find Maru waiting for me.He quickly grabbed my hand and dragged me along with him.

“What you’re doing?Let go of me.”

“Just follow me,my little bride.We’re going on a date.Your appa suggested it.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let’s sit here.”Maru pointed at the empty bench.Chaewon just followed him since she was half-handcuffed by Maru.He won’t let go of her hand since they left the restaurant.

“This is your date?”

“Don’t like it?If your father had told me earlier I would have prepared something for you.Right now,I just want to sit here and talk to you.It had been a long time we didn’t talked like this.When was the last time…”

“The day before we broke up.Look,I had to go.”Chaewon got up from her sit but Maru stopped her.

“Please don’t go.I have something to say.”Chaewon sat.

“Well,I have something to ask.Do you still like her?”

“No…I’m over her now,but not you.”He gently hugged Chaewon.”That day I cried a lot.Not because you dumped me,but I was too late.When you were gone I finally realized how much I have miss you.Chaewon-ah,I like you.Can’t we start over again?”

Chaewon dropped her head on Maru’s shoulder.She started sobbing.”What took you so long?”She said in between her sobs.Maru lifted Chaewon’s chin and cupped her face.

“I was just afraid that I might hurt you again.”

“Pabo…I was waiting for you.”Chaewon smiled and soon covered her blushing face.

Maru removed her hands.He gave her a quick little peck on the lips.Both of them were blushing.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

cute-rabbit-emoticon-008.gifTHE END! ^^

 

 

p/s Thanks for all of the comments,I didn't expect so many people would like this fic.

THANKYU!