Wait what?

Mr Annoyance

A few days later, let us say about 2-3, Jongkyu had a phone call from a news site, asking him to replace someone at Inkigayo that afternoon. Like he was told, the photographer was in time there, taking picture from every artist, even when he was really sure how the line-up went. Until well a familiar group of guys stepped onto the stage. All were smiling widely, but Key’s smile dropped the moment he saw that guy in front of everybody. The way he was looking at how the guy held his camera, was already making his nervous and slightly annoyed with it.

 

‘Shinee, position please,’ the PD said, getting behind the filming camera while the young man was playing with some buttons on his little toy.

 

After the first dance they boys took a small break. The first to notice the man was Jonghyun smiling at him widely and waved like an idiot a few seconds later. Taemin just jumped of the stage suddenly, walking towards Jongkyu.

 

‘What are you doing here?’ the boy asked, acting like they had known each other for years.

 

‘I have to replace someone who fell ill. I didn’t know you guys were performing here today,’ the photographer said, when he looked up again also the others had gathered around him, drawing attention from all the fans around them.

 

‘Good. And those pictures were brilliant! You know that? They were genius! Amazing!’ Minho exclaimed with a wide smile.

 

‘Yeah. You didn’t have to be so nervous for us. See it was just good and I bet the fans just loved it,’ Jinki added, making 4/5 nod to that statement.

 

Only one guy was too stubborn to actually say something about it, while he knew they were just so damn good. He sighed while rolling his eyes at him.

 

‘Guys, get back and stand-by please,’ the PD announced and the boys just jumped back on the stage.

 

But from then on they didn’t have the time to socialize with him. Jongkyu did his work, taking pictures the whole time from everybody, even from that blonde, annoying brat. Time passed and the boys bid everybody goodbye. They were the last performers and now only the ceremony was left. Also that passed quickly. On his way back to the exit he had to take the elevator. While he was waiting he was just randomly humming to a song that played softly in the halls of the building. He wasn’t looking but then the doors opened. Only then he saw who was also taking the elevator. He couldn’t wait so he had to take the ride, with Mr Annoyance.

 

‘You here?’ the blonde muttered when he stood there, waiting for the lift to get down.

 

‘Problem with that?’

 

After that it felt silent again. Neither of them wanted to talk, knowing that they will be just annoyed. But abruptly the cabin stopped moving and Jongkyu fell forward, bumping into the younger man.

 

‘Get off me!’

 

‘I’m sorry!’ the photographer mumbled, pushing himself back up again and cleaned the invisible dust of his clothes, while straightening his shirt out again.

 

‘Yah! What did you do? Look now we’re stuck here!’ the blonde complained, getting somewhere scared.

 

One thing was clear now. They were stuck… in a lift… together. When enemies are together in a small space. The first minutes they remained calm, just thinking it was a small thing. Only later panic kicked in, especially in the case of the blonde guy who was sitting down on the ground. Jongkyu just stood there against the other side, grinning slightly because of the side. Suddenly the guy turned into a panicking young boy, reminding him of his much younger brother when he is scared for something.

 

‘S-Stop laughing! It’s scary in here!’ the rapper of the group stammered, obviously scared.

 

‘Why? It’s funny…’

 

‘You’re such an annoying brat!’

 

The guy just lifted his eyebrows.

 

‘Me? Who gave me all kinds of looks when I was near you? Or acted like I was air when we didn’t even talk!’ Jongkyu retorted back, rather angry with the other who was slipping further into the corner of the metal box.

 

‘Okay… Maybe… Okay I’m sorry for that!’ the guy mumbled, starting to get on the edge of paranoia.

 

Also the photographer gave up and sat down, next to the blonde guy. Like that they sat there, for who knows minutes or even hours. Even at one point they were thinking that they were stuck for even a day.

 

‘You know… I’m sorry about all the things I’ve done…’

 

Attentively the man was listening, hiding a grin on his face because this was turning into something too funny for words. Jongkyu had to admit that the man was gorgeous, even when he could be the most annoying guy in the world. And yes, he was proud to say he is a) gay, b) attracted to him in some way. In the beginning he didn’t even dared to admit that feeling, but now he did and he was trying to hide it as good as possible.

 

‘Is there something that I can do to make up to you?’ Key asked, sighing deeply.

 

In his case this was somewhere an agonizing torture and a divine gift, being stuck with the handsome photographer that was sitting next to him. He really started to like him. It went against all his standards but god it felt so good to like such a beautiful human being. The rapper loved secretly that more quiet personality and when it needed a slightly cocky attitude. He knew that the man was cute when he was nervous; his shaking hands around the camera.

 

‘Go on a date with me,’ Jongkyu blurted out, regretting immediately the words.

 

How stupid could he be? They were like archenemies and then he asks him out? What is he for a person? A stupid, crazy boy who is head-over-heels over an annoying, y idol.

 

‘You’re joking right?’ the rapper of the group asked with a high-pitched voice.

 

The elder one did notice the forming blush on the others cheeks. The guy shook his head while the lights of the lift switched back on. They moved again and a few seconds later the door opened again.

 

‘Oh Kibum!’ Jonghyun muttered and hugged the blonde one.

 

Suddenly the mood changed again and the rapper fell back in his role.

 

Really… this guy is an annoying brat.