Photo shoot 1

Mr Annoyance

 

‘Hyung, I’m stuck in traffic,’ Jongkyu muttered into the microphone, installed somewhere in his car so he can drive hands free.
 

‘Then you had to wake up earlier! You have 10 minutes to be here or their manager will be cancelling the shoot or give it to someone else instead. I don’t think you’re wanting that now you can break through in the photographing scene,’ his friend who was a stylist answered back, sighing afterwards because it was really getting long before he could arrive.

 

‘I promise… I will be in time. Even if I have to drive through red lights,’ the younger male said, sighing when he saw the massive amount of cars still standing right in front of him.

 

‘Now you sound like you never have done that before…10 minutes,’ Changho said, ending the call.

 

The only sound now in the man’s car is the beeping of his phone, indicating the call was done. Soon the noise stopped and the screen sprung back onto the main menu. Meanwhile the young man had laid his head on his steering wheel, waiting and hoping it will move some faster, but it didn’t seem like it yet. A deep sigh escaped past the photographer’s lips. His slender fingers were impatiently tapping on the wheel, making him even more annoyed with himself. To kill the boredom the man decided to turn on the radio, slowly turning the volume wheel up. Faintly music filled the car, while there was a slight bit of movement.

 

‘(…)Jigeum nae nunen neomu wanbyeokhan ne moseumman boineun geol
Hoesaek bit i sesange ne ipsulman burkge bitna
Ibeul matchuryeodeon geu sungan
Tto kkumeseo kkaene-e.’

 

He banged his head on the top of the steering wheel since he really needed to be in time or else much will go wrong. He knew that it was some kind of idol group that was about to be in the photo-shoot. Jongkyu only had a couple of minutes left and it was only around the corner that he needed to be. When he looked up cars finally started to move and quickly he shifted the gear and pressed fully down the pedal.

 

‘(…)Jamkkanman meomchwoseo igeon kkumi aninde
Nunbusin geu miso igeon nega hwaksilhae
Simjangi nal sikyeo mollae neoreul ttaraga
Koneoreul don sungan kkumcheoreom neon sarajyeo oh~’

 

The young man didn’t care that he almost ran over a group of students that were crossing the street to get to the school, either did he care about that old woman crossing, because all that mattered now was that he needed to be in time, or else his dream is over. Abruptly he stopped on the empty parking spot, jumping out of the vehicle and opened the back door to grab his bag with his precious camera. When he entered people were running around.

 

‘He is here!’ someone yelled, grabbing his arm and dragging him to the set where they will be shooting.

 

Changho walked upon him, smiling before hugging him close to his body.

 

‘Good you still made it in time. The boys are now getting their make-up done and then we can start the shoot!’ the elder guy said with a big smile and left him alone again.

 

‘B-But… Changho! Hyung! Who is the group?’ the young photographer asked, but then the door of the dressing room opened.

 

Two guys walked in front of them, giving all people around a dirty look while they were just doing their jobs. Behind them appeared a tall guy, who was handsome. Jongkyu remembered him as someone who also played in a few dramas on TV. Behind skipped a short guy who had sort of dirty blonde dyed hair. His eyes reminded him of some sort of puppy that was happy to see its owner after a long day of work. Behind him a guy appeared who kept on bowing towards everyone while smiling the brightest smile he had ever seen. His fuzzy hair made him look like he was the youngest of the group. The next one was a happy boy, smiling along the way, but once he fully entered he became serious and his eyes became suddenly darker.

 

But last but not least a blonde male appeared. From the second he walked in, Jongkyu sensed something about him. That he has two faces. One that is mainly used, which is slightly arrogant and really distant, trying to scare people away. But the second face is a shy, unsure boy that.

 

‘Hi I’m Minho,’ the first one said, taking his hand and shaking it.

 

They all introduced themselves to him and even did a group greeting. Meanwhile the young man built his camera further and placed it on the standard for it. He was nervous for his first big assignment as a photographer.

 

‘What should I do?’ the young man asked his friend, hoping he could have some advice on the issue of his photo-shoot.

 

‘I’m a stylist,’ Changho muttered while taking a step back.

 

Nervously the man was fumbling with his camera. His hands got sweaty and clamming since he didn’t really know what they should.

 

‘Don’t be nervous!’ the guy, named Onew or something like that, said with a big smile on his face.

 

‘U-Uhm… you guys can just act normal. If that’s okay with you guys. Then I can maybe give some directions when we’re on a roll?’ the photographer said and the boys smiled at him and nodded.

 

All smiled like they meant it, but only one didn't give him that half-hearted like smile. The male just sighed and looked at through the camera, taking a few test shots since he was late he didn’t had the time to do it.

 

‘We will start with group shots before we continue with individual pictures. Is that okay with you guys and the managers here?’ the man asked, receiving nods from all of them.

 

Then things started to go well. The shoot went without many incidents. They only thing that kept going on, were the looks that were given between Jongkyu and Key, who kept just giving him looks like he was checking him out or something. And he could be so annoying when it wasn’t his turn yet. He kept on standing behind him. By the end of the shoot, while the idols were back in the dressing room, Changho noticed his tense feeling and quickly got to him.

 

‘Don't worry, Kyu. I think it went smooth and maybe one of the best I have ever participated in. You’re good and some of those pictures came out really well. You have talent my friend,’ the elder guy said, wrapping an arm around his shoulder and pulled him closer and along with him, until they were standing right in front of the computer screen that displayed the pictures.

 

The ones of the youngest guy came out really well, giving him a manly and edgy look and still with a sense of cuteness and innocence. It was a great idea that he had, even when he didn’t know what he would have as clients. On the other hand, Minho’s pictures were really close to the perfection itself because of the showing of some skin and muscles. It goes for the short guy, named Jonghyun, who was okay with showing his abs again in front of a camera.

 

‘Stop dreaming away,’ Changho teased, poking his friend’s nose before walking away to the dressing room, looking at the situation of the guys.

 

The younger and taller guy just shook his head while looking back at the pictures. Onew’s pictures came out really well. Honestly said, he looked like he wasn’t even the leader of the group. The last set of pictures he went through, were those of the blonde guy. Right when he was looking at them, he felt a pair of eyes burning into his skull from behind. When he turned around he could see that same attitude as before.

 

‘Hey Jongkyu! Get here for a moment,’ his friend said, waving at him to come over.

 

Slightly unsure he made his way over, standing right next to the other man. He wasn’t really a talker. Never he had been much of a person that could talk all day long about his life. No, he was more of a listener. He enjoyed listening to stories about other countries or all kind of experiences that people had in their life. Sometimes he asks to take a picture while talking. Ever since he was young he loved listening to stories and taking pictures of them or of the people that told them.

 

‘You were pretty good for a first timer. Really,’ the leader of the group said with a big smile.

 

‘Yeah! You should do more shoots, you seem the type of guy with much inspiration,’ the tallest guy of the group said with a big smile and nodded at him.

 

‘T-Thanks,’ he muttered back while bowing towards them.

 

‘Yeah… You’re pretty good. I actually thought this would be enormous fail, but it turned out pretty good for you,’ the blonde muttered.

 

Immediately the guy got silent again, turning slightly away. There it started again. He really is a big annoyance when it comes to such things.

 

‘Well we have to go to our next schedule. Hopefully we can see some of your pictures in an upcoming magazine. This was for one, right?’ the youngest asked, looking at his band mates for help.

 

‘Yes, this will be featured in CéCi,’ Changho said instead, saving his friend from another round of shame.

 

‘Well… Bye!’ the guys left, being pulled away by their managers.

 

Once Jongkyu heard the door close, he ran to his bag and fished a package of cigarettes out of the front part of the bag. The elder guy just stood there, rolling his eyes when he saw that the younger still hadn’t quit smoking.

 

‘Why are you smoking now? It’s over. Done,’ the shorter friend muttered, while other people where walking past them, breaking the set down again.

 

‘It’s not about the work,’ Jongkyu mumbled, while he let his lungs fill with the intoxicating smoke and slowly blew it out again, making Changho cough a slightly bit.

 

‘Then what it is?’

 

‘Mr Annoyance.’

 

‘Who?’

 

‘That guy named, Key.’

 

--

A/N: Poor Jongkyu... So well first chapter. New idea. Yes, I keep continuing 'Butterfly of Heat'. PS: Fill in the poll... please?