Proposal

Her Howling Mark

Sohee walked around the shop, sweeping the floor. It was a really slow day, not many people had stopped by to purchase anything. It was perfect timing too, it was Yoobin's day off, and Sohee didn't think she would be able to manage without her.

Just as she was about to walk over to the register, someone stepped in. She turned around, seeing her boss walking casually over to her with his hands in his pocket.

She bowed. "Mr. Kim, welcome back."

He smiled at her, patting her head. "It's good to see you again Sohee. And I told you before, you can call me Heechul oppa. We are friends aren't we?"

She nodded, smiling at him. "So... Heechul oppa. What are you doing back so soon? I thought you would be in Paris for the rest of the month."

"That was the plan." He shrugged. "Until last week."

She gave him a confused look. "What happened last week?"

"I attended a party." He smiled.

By this point, she was completely lost.

Seeing her confusion, he continued. "The party was astounding. Just short of a J. Gatsby party, and it got me thinking. I want to throw a party 1000 times better."

Now she understood. "Makes sense. You've always been the type of guy to one up everyone else."

Ever since they were kids, Heechul has always been greedy and self absorbed. If someone had something he liked, he'd take it without so much as an apology. If someone did something amazing, he's always outdo them.

She often wondered why they'd been friends for so long. Usually people like him clashed with people like her. Perhaps it's the way he takes care of her, like a older brother. Though he was very arrogant and selfish man, he had never once done anything wrong when it came to her. Not once had he said an unkind word to her. He even offered her a job at his boutique when he first opened the place. He could do no wrong in her eyes.

He smiled. "Ah, you know me so well. Anyway, I stopped by to invite you. I couldn't throw a party without my favorite girl. You'll come won't you?"

"Of course. When is it?"

"Tomorrow night; formal wear. Make sure you tell Yoobin to come too." He kissed her hand before smilling at her. "See you soon." And with that, he left the shop. 

Across town

Jiyong sat a table with Dara, on an evening date. He had constantly checked his phone to see if he had any texts from Sohee. He had almost forgot Dara was sitting across from him when she threw a napkin at his face.

"Are you even listening to me?" She pouted.

He looked up at her. "I'm sorry. Did you say something? I was just... waiting for someone to text me." He looked back at his phone with a worried look on his face. 

Dara crossed her arms in frustration. "Can you pay attention to me for 2 minutes?"

He stared at his phone a bit longer before putting it back in his pocket and looking back at her. "Sorry noona."

She eyed him suspiciously. "Who were you waiting on to text you anyway?"

He smiled. "Just a friend."

"Oh... Well, like I was saying. My brother's wedding was beautiful. It got me thinking."

He rose an eyebrow. "About?"

"When are we getting married?"

"Are you pregnant?"

"No."

"Then later." He smiled as she grunted.

"Jiyong, we've been together for 4 years. I think we've datted long enough."

He took a sip of his water and shook his head. "Most couples who date for more than 7 years have stronger marriages."

"I'm getting old waiting for you."

"You're still in your 20's"

She sighed. "I'll be 30 next year."

"That's still young. Plus, we're both kinda broke. I don't know if you noticed this or not, but you live with your parents and I work at a noodle shop. We can't afford a wedding."

"My parents will pay. I want to be married before I'm 30."

He tilted his head. "Is that what you really want noona?"

She nodded, not backing down.

"Then we'll get married the day before your birthday."

Her eyes nodded. "Jinjja?"

He nodded. "Yep. If that's what you want then I'll give it to you."

She smiled, almost knocking over the table when she leaped over to hug him.

He smiled, kissing her. "Let's go pick out rings noona."

At the jeweler's

Jiyong stood behind Dara as she picked out rings, monitoring what she was looking at so she wouldn't fall in love with an expensive ring.

All of a sudden, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He took it out to see a text from Sohee.

-Would you like to come to a party with me tomorrow?

He smiled, typing a quick reply.

-I'd love to

"Jiyong ah. Come look!" Dara suddenly yelled.

He slipped his phone in his pocket, and walked over to her. As soon as she turned around, he could see a ring sitting on her finger. It was small but pretty. 

"Do you like this one?" He asked, brushing hair behind her ear.

She smiled up at him. "I love it."

He nodded, pulling out his wallet. "Alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had this completed for a week now... why didn't I update? 0.o

Sorry ^^' Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Also, if you read my other Heedragon story, "It's the game." Then there should be another chapter of that up in the next few days.

Thanks for being so patient <3