Was it fate?

It's Not Like That, Darling

 

Yuihee's POV

 

“Just because it seems that the professor likes you doesn’t give you the allowance to talk to him!” I stood up from my seat and went into the direction of the door, but was stopped by the girl that just threatened me.

“Yah! Don’t dare to ignore me. I’m talking to you!” the tall girl shouted at me. I stood there, turned around and faced her with a completely emotionless face.

“I’ve heard you. I’m not deaf you know? It’s not my fault that the professor talks to me and asks me things. If a person asks you something isn’t it normal to answer?” I asked with a calm voice.

“Sure, but he doesn’t treat you like a ‘normal’ person!” the girl growled and I just shrugged my shoulder.

“Sorry. But that’s not my problem,” I answered, turned around again and left the room. I left the building with firm and determined steps. I knew I just had wakened the beast.

~~~

 

 

Since the day I’ve met this person everything seemed to get out of control. Now my whole life was a disaster, thanks to him...

 

~Flash back~

 

It was lunch time. As I looked at my clock I saw that it was already time to meet my best friend at our usual meeting place in the park. There was a group of trees in the back of this park. Normally there wouldn’t be that many people. So it was a calm and relaxing place to go and have lunch.

But that day would definitely be different.

As I neared the trees, I remarked a person who was leaning against one of the trees but he was probably sleeping. I thought so because his body was dull. As I came closer, I froze. The person was actually a quite handsome young man. His head was slightly tilted to the side, eyes closed. In his right hand he held a book; the other hand supported his head and the wind softly played with his brown hair.

I had to admit that I was amazed. I bent down and leaned forward to have a better view. His skin seemed so soft and without noticing it, I stretched out my hand to touch one his soft cheeks.

I caressed his skin and as I looked up, I saw his eyelids flutter.

“Sue?” he whispered. His voice dark and sleepy. ‘Huh? Who is Sue? Is he still dreaming?’

“Is it you Sue?” he asked. I didn’t know what to do, so I just removed my hand and answered with a no.

“I’m Yui. Lee Yuihee,” I said in a caring voice. I didn’t even know why I was so friendly to him. I mean, I didn’t know him at all. ‘I bet it’s because he is handsome.’

“Hey you have to wake up. School is starting soon. You can’t fall asleep again,” I whispered as I softly patted his shoulder. It seemed like he came back to his senses. He sleepily sat up, placed the book on his side and rubbed his eyes. ‘Ahhh~ how cute.’

 “Sorry, I didn’t intend to wake you,” I said apologetic.

“Huh? Do…” As he looked up at me, he froze. I also sat stiffly in front of him, surprised by his sudden reaction. ‘Am I that ugly? Or is there something in my face?’

“Eh, sorry. Is there something wrong?” I asked uneasy.

“Huh? Oh. Sorry I didn’t mean to stare…” he answered, still looking at my face.

“Ok, but if you’re sorry could you please stop looking at me like I was an alien?” I asked sarcastically.

“Oh! I’m sorry.” he bowed his head a few times and stood up. As he stood upright I was amazed, again. He was way taller than I had imagined. “It’s just that you resemble someone I know,” he answered with a cute smile on his lips.

“Ah~ that’s why you called me Sue… never mind,” I said while snickering.

“So your name is Yuihee?” he said in a friendly tone. I just nodded; I was too mesmerized from his eyes. They were pretty; lively but at the same time sad.

“J-just Yui is ok,” I said, still looking at this handsome man in front of me.

“Ok, Yui. I’ll remember your name.” He grinned, bowed down and collected his stuff. “Thanks for waking me up. If it weren’t you I bet I would be late,” he said in a happy voice.

“N-no problem.” ‘Why am I so flustered? He is just a guy.’

“Alright. I have to leave. See you soon.” He waved good-bye and left.

I shook my head in disbelief as I watched his fading figure.

 

That meeting was a short moment, probably a moment planned by fate.

 

End of Flashback


 

 

I walked through the park. I looked to the group of trees, where I have met him for the first time; one week ago.

‘It would have been better to let him sleep. Thanks to him almost half of the students here, the girls of course, made plans on how to get rid of me.’ I thought melancholy. Shaking my head in disbelief of what happened the past week.

“Yah! Yuihee! Wait for me…” I heard a female voice call my name. I didn’t even have to turn around to know that it was Heather, my best friend. I stopped and waited for her to catch up.

“Yah, you sure are fast with your short feet…” she panted while holding onto me to take a deep breath. I giggled and continued my walk.

“Uff, how cruel. Are you still mad at me?” Heather pouted as she walked beside me.

“No, I’m just curious what these girls plan to do next…” I muttered while a cold shudder ran down my spine.

“Ehh? They still bother you? I thought you told them that you aren’t in a relationship with the professor…” she said.

“Oh, I have. But it doesn’t seem like they believe in my words. This damn professor! Why does he have to bother me like this…”I growled angrily.

“Well, I don’t know. But if I were you I would be glad if someone like him would show his interest towards me,” she giggled, avoiding my foot that was about to kick her.

“He isn’t interested. He just talks to me, but that’s exactly what these girls don’t want to happen!” I defended myself.

“No Yui, you’re completely wrong. If he was ‘just talking’ to you, they wouldn’t act like this. Sometimes you really don’t get it…” Heather shook her head in disbelief, “Don’t worry, someday you’ll figure it out. I just hope this day is near…” she smiled and I looked at her dumbfounded.

‘What is this crazy girl talking about?’

“Hey, I want some coffee. Let’s talk a little bit. It’s still early and we don’t have any tests tomorrow.” Heather stated and looked at me like an abandoned puppy.

“Alright, let’s to this.” I nodded and the both of us headed to the University’s coffee shop.

~~~

 

 

 

“You know, I have the feeling that everybody is starring at us…” Heather stated as the both of us entered the shop.

“Me too, but since it has been like that for the whole week, I don’t care anymore.” I sat down and took of my jacket; Heather looked around and did the same.

“There is a reason why you wanted to drink coffee all of a sudden…” I said while studying the menu. Heather giggled embarrassed and nodded.

“You’ve promised me to tell me about the professor…since we haven’t seen each other for the whole week…” She pouted. Her big round puppy eyes looked at me and I sighed in defeat.

“Alright. You know the part with the park…” As I looked at her I saw her confused look. “Aish! Is it just your boyfriend you have in mind? When I have met him there, while he was sleeping…” Heather giggled as I mentioned her boyfriend and nodded as she remembered the ‘sleeping-beauty’ incident.

“Well, after he left, I hurried to get into class, I was late because I have waited for you in the park but you never showed up…” I glared at her and she bowed her head apologetic.

“Anyway, I reached the classroom just in time.”

 

 ~Flashback~

 

‘I’m so going to kill her for making me wait! Heather, you are dead meat…’ I was wild with anger. I reached the classroom, sat down on my usual place and tried to catch my breath. After a few seconds my breathing was normal and so was my heartbeat.

“Class, I hope everyone is here because I have some incredible news for you.” The principal entered with firm steps and every one of us was stunned. It was rare to see our headmaster in a classroom.

‘Awesome news? What could this be?’ I asked myself but my question was answered as the handsome guy from earlier entered the classroom. As soon as the girls saw the new student, they started to whisper. But what surprised me, was the fact that the guys also were mesmerized by this stranger.

The principal coughed a few times to get the attention, but everyone starred at the new guy.

“This, ladies and gentleman, is Mr. Jang Wooyoung. He is your new history and maths professor. He is a genius so you should be glad to learn from him,” the old man announced. Suddenly it was as silent as the death itself, but just for a few seconds.

“Ehhhhhh?!!!” I shouted out of surprise and I felt everyone staring at me like I was some crazy person. Well, maybe I was. But it really surprised me that this handsome and young guy should be my new professor.

Professor Jang slightly turned his head into my direction and was surprised as he saw me, but then his face softened and he shot me a smile. “Ahh. Ms. Yuihee. Nice to meet you again, thanks for your help.”

Now I could almost feel the stares on my skin. Definitely deadly glares from the female students. ‘Damn, that’s not good…’

“You know Ms. Lee?” the principal asked and that Wooyoung-guy turned around and laughed.

“Yes, she helped me out earlier. You have really good students, sir.” He bowed politely. I was stunned at the principal's reaction. Usually he would throw more questions but he just smiled proudly and nodded.

“Alright class. I’ll leave you in Mr. Jang's hands. Be nice or…” He glared at us and with that he left the room.

“What a nice director you have.” Mr. Jang smiled and everyone laughed. Expect from me. I was still in a state of shock.

“Let me introduce myself. My name is Jang Wooyoung. I’m 24 and your new Professor. Feel free to call me Wooyoung. I hate it to be addressed as Mr. I feel old when someone does this.” He smiled brightly and I was sure that half of the class was swooning over our new and handsome teacher.

“Sir, aren’t you a really young teacher?” One of the girls from behind asked.

Wooyoung laughed out loud and nodded.

“Seems like it. It’s my first year, so please look after me.” He politely bowed and smiled this awesome cheerful smile.

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Oh my~ I hope this chapter doesn't ...Y-Y

I did my best and hope you'll like the beginning~

If you like it please subscribe and tell me your thoughts, this would really help me ^-^

Ps.: Sorry for mistakes, going to proof read it again x3

 

 

 

It would be so damn cool to have a teacher like him  ♥ *-* Agree? :P

Bye bye, Banana_Dreams~