The day my luck change

Genie I Do, Genie I Dont

 

The doors of the school open. the fresh air from outside comes in, and all i hear is what everyone is planning to do on friday. Being the tallest, is not always a good thing, it doesnt mean people are going to notice you. Is time like this, that makes me more careless. Everyone wants to be somebody in high school, all i want to do is to speed time.
 
"is your homework done?" Myungsoo walks next to me, our lockers are next to each other ever since freshman year. Since that moment we just thought it was best to be friends "yes, why?" Myungsoo tries to open his notebook but people just bump into him, as they also do to me "i dont understand question five" 
 
We stop for a moment in the middle of the hall, i take Myungsoo's notebook to see the problem. It was alegebra, im pretty good at it although sometimes i can really be bad. I stretch my hand making a sign to him, to give me his pencil. Myungsoo stutters at first, but he gives me the pencil at the end "is simple, X has to be alone"
 
Myungsoo comes closer so he can see how i work out the problem. I start to write on his notebook, ones in awhile Myungsoo would nod. I not sure if he understands me or not. He can be so quiet sometimes. I guess thats why i didnt hate it the idea of him being my friend "oh now i see" I return Myungsoo his things; he starts to smile
 
is his way of saying 'thank you'. How can i describe Myungsoo? He looks like someone who can kill you with those smokey eyes, someone who has a super bubbly/dark personality. A rebel without a cause, but thats all wrong. His someone who gets scared if some random person, comes to talk to him. Myungsoo knows only two emotions.
 
Happiness, sadness. His not a rebel, his a kid inside of a teenager. And his eyes, just hide a million sad stories. How are we friends? because he open up to me, he told me his life story. Even when i told him not to, even when i told him that i didnt care about his story. He didnt stop, he said he need it to tell someone in case he would die.
 
Knowing a part of Myungsoo, is like knowing a rare species "hurry we gonna be late" Myungsoo nods, he waits for me to walk first. He always likes to follow me. People continue to bump into us, we are in the lower part of the school group. First are the popular kids, second are the kids who are around the popular kids, third are the hipsters.
 
Just because everyone love the kind of parties they throw. Fourth are the band kids, fifth are the freaks and then theres us. The unknown, the ghosts that walk around hunting the school.
 
I make a sign for Myungsoo to walk ahead of me, so i can keep my eye on him. At first he doesnt want to, but i give him a smile and he feels safe. But when he was about to walk infront of me, someone pushes him, making him fall to the ground "oops sorry" the person says, of course his tone sounds like his makig fun of Myungsoo.
 
The laughter of his friends, echo around the hall. Making half of the students Copy them "sorry my friend is a jerk" Baekhyun, stretches his arm to help Myungsoo stand up, Myungsoo just looks at it. I couldnt move, Baekhyun is infront of me. He actually apologize, his actually trying to help. My heart starts to beat in a fast beat.
 
I didnt know what to do first, talk to him or take Myungsoo away from here. I open my mouth and a weird sounds comes out, it something familiar with a goat and a burp. Baekhyun looks at me, with a confuse look. But i can only look at his caramel eyes, i begin to laugh at myself not knowing that everyone was making of me.
 
Myungsoo stands up mad, pushing Baehyun and me. I see Myungsoo walking away, i know i should follow him but Baekhyun is infront of me "is your friend okay?" i turn to look at Baekhyun, i nod. Well at least i did something right, Baekhyun returns the smile. He open his mouth, but his friend just grabs him, and takes him away.
 
The hall starts to get clear, i turn to the direction Myungsoo went. I know is not a good time to see Myungsoo right now. I sigh, he brings more drama to my life that i really need. I slowly take my eyes to the person who continues to look at me. I have never see him before, his skin looks white as paper. Big brown eyes, brownish curly hair
 
Tall as me, clothes that dont belong to this era. I take a step forward but he disappears in the crowd. 
 
 
 
 
Theres a knock on my door, i hang up the phone as my mom enters "Myungsoo still doesnt answer you?" i shake my head, my mom gives me apologetic smile "he would come around, just wait and see" she puts the plate full of cookies on my desk "by the way someone is here for you" I stand up freaking out, no one visits me.
 
Only Myungsoo, but i doubt that was him. or it could be Baekhyun, my heart begins to race. My mouth is wide open and i dont know what to do "mom, tell him that i be out right away" my mom says 'okay' as she quickly leaves the room. I open my closet and all i can see is black and white t-shirts. My mom is right, i need new colors.
 
I see a grey jacket that i used in my sisters wedding, i put it on. I go to the mirror and i spike my hair up, i take a breath maybe twice before i go downstairs. The stairs feel like they gonna break by the way im running, i catch my breath calming down. I open the door with a smirk on my face, so that Baekhyun can see that i can also be cool.
 
But it didnt matter, it wasnt Baekhyun it was the boy i saw earlier "finally i found you! you know how hard it was" In person the boy looks more pale than i thought "oh..im sorry i forgot to introduce myself" He puts his hand in his chest "im your genie" I roll my eyes, it was probably another prank. I close the door on his face, tomorrow all im gonna hear is laughs.
 
"who was that honey?"
 
"is was just someone who was selling something" I cant tell my mom that in school they bully Myungsoo and me. It would only break her heart.
 
I open the door of my room and i see someone trying to enter to my room, from the window. I grab a bat, it was the same boy who was on the door just a second ago "get out of my house" i begin to swing the bat around, but the boy is fast. He continues to avoid the bat "calm down" I stop "what do you want?" the boy fixes his hair
 
"like a said im your genie"
 
"a genie?" the boy nods "see" he snaps his fingers and big smoke appears, and now his flooding. The boy is flooding in my room "now you believe me?" i shake my head, i dont. i dont know what to believe. He snaps his fingers again, some more smoke appears but now he was touching the ground "now can we start with those wishes?"
 
"wishes....?"
 
"yeah thats what genies do...."
 
"but i dont have nothing to wish for"
 
The genie rolls his eyes "everyone has something they want" i start to think hard, my mom has good health. i have a really good friend. Our family doesnt have to worry about money, so theres nothing i could wish for "no, im sorry i dont" his expression change, so quickly i thought fire was gonna come out from his eyes "you have to wish so i can leave"
 
"leave?"
 
"yeah, after im done doing your wishes i erase your memory and i go back home"
 
"why do you have to erase my memory?"
 
"forget about that... i shouldnt have said anything" trust issues much? "why? do you think im gonna go around and tell people that i have a genie?" i start to  laugh, of course he didnt find it funny "its one of our rules... not to tell our master we gonna erase their memory" oh "so what would you like master?" "master?"
 
"yeah...is something wrong with that?" i nod "yeah, it sounds like your my slave" "well is it that what iam?" this genie needs to change his attitude "well i dont like it, you can call me Kris...what can i call you?" the genie changes the way he looks at me, i dont think people have ask him for his name "you can call me Chanyeol"
 
"well Chanyeol, im sorry but i dont want those wishes"
 
"oh come on..." Chanyeol opens my closet "you can wish for new clothes! or something" "im not gonna waste a wish on that" Chanyeol sighs "what if i want to make a wish but it doesnt involve me?" Chanyeol shakes his head right away, he even does the whole finger thing "no, im your genie the wishes have to involve you" I nod, i know Myungsoo would've like those wishes.
 
"i have to go to bed.. tomorrow i have school"
 
"you dont have too! just say the words" i chuckle "nice try" he sighs again, but this time i think he laugh alittle. I lay down on my bed, as i see him getting out from the window "dont think this is over...i cant go home if you dont wish" "Chanyeol are you trying to make me feel guilty?" Chanyeol smirks "goodnight master" I look at him 
 
"sorry... goodnight Kris"
 
 
 
 
 
"so this what humans do?" Chanyeol sits next to me in class, his voice is in grave in my ears that i cant pay attention "what are you trying to do?" i whisper "im just sitting here, in case you want to wish something" He wants to drive me crazy, im pretty sure of that "well can you leave? i cant concentrate" He comes closer to me "really?"
 
No one can see him, because his my genie. At least thats what he told me, So im trying so hard to ignore him. imagine if the whole school finds out im talking to myself. They would never stop making fun of Myungsoo and me "can you leave?" i whisper again, he takes my book, and throws it across the room. People immediately turn to see me, with judging eyes.
 
All i could do was to smile at them, like nothing happen. The bell rings saving me ones again, everyone leaves the room quickly except for Chanyeol and me "if you continue to do this i wouldnt wish for anything, and you would have to stay here forever" "i guess we would make each other very unhappy" I walk and i grab my book
 
"yeah it seems that way"
 
I leave the classroom, but i end up bumping Baekhyun "im sorry" he chuckles, i become numb. He continues to blink while i try to beg for air, how can this boy make me feel so dumb, and and and i lose my words. He chuckles again "so..i would like to invite you and Myungsoo to a party, for what happened yesterday"
 
"talk" Chanyeol says "blah" Chanyeol hits himself in the head for my epic fail "i take that as a yes" he chuckles again "today at seven" he waves goodbye and now i have the perfect words to say "well that went well" it didnt take a genius to know that Chanyeol is making fun of me "can i tell Myungsoo about you?" "what?"
 
"im guessing you are planning on coming with us to the party"
 
"well yeah"
 
"if i tell him would he be able to see you?
 
"yeah...i can make my myself visible"
 
 
 
 
 
"his your what?" Myungsoo almost yells "shhh...i dont want my mom to know" Chanyeol hasnt move from the chair since we got here "his a genie actually my genie..." Myungsoo walks around some more, he stops takes a breath "thanks for him we are going to the party?" I look at Chanyeol, it does seem weird that out of nowhere Baekhyun asks us to go to the party
 
"no, i cant just make wishes....I have to hear Kris say the words 'i wish'" Myungsoo smiles, not believe his going to the party "you think Baekhyun would ask you to talk in private or something?" i brush "ha..talk? Kris cant do that oh yes, it can he can say blah" I didnt know genies could be es "on less... you wish for a better personality"
 
of course "lets just get ready"
 
"i be back..." Chanyeol uses my window again to leave.
 
 
 
 
Im drunk, i know iam. I find everything funny, i cant walk without falling. The place keeps on moving and moving, i dont know where Myungsoo is or Chanyeol. The only thing i remember is Baekhyun, he was saying something and i got nervous again. I thought if i drink a cup of beer it would calm me down, but i think i took to much.
 
And now i dont know where iam, i lay down in the grass the fresh hair feels nice "so here you are" "is that you Chanyeol?" i laugh "dont worry about Myungsoo, he left" I start to laugh again, seen Chanyeol upside down is funny "why do you have to be so serious all the time?" Chanyeol rolls his eyes "come Kris lets go home"
 
He grabs my arm trying to help me up, but he ends up falling. Now we are both laying down in the grass "tell me about your home?" Chanyeol sighs, and it seems like thats all he can do "is the same as the planet earth, but we live in secret and we have to follow rules" "what kinda of rules?" 
 
"if i tell you, i have to kill you" we both laugh together, our laughs match so perfectly "you miss your home?" "....is everything i know, plus if i stay here to long, i cant go back"
 
"what do you mean?"
 
"i start to become human...and ones i do, i cant go home" I sit down and my head continues to move around. Chanyeol does the same but im guessing his brain doesnt move around "come here" Chanyeol looks at me, or at least i think he is "come im not gonna do anything...just come closer" Chanyeol slowly moves towards me
 
I blink ones or twice, to see if the background can stop moving. I get close to Chanyeol, his face seems more burry up close than what it did from afar. Out of nowhere, i feel lips then i see everything black.
 
 
 
 
My alarm starts to ring and i feel like the noise is going to kill me. I throw the clock across the room, i feel so sick and a bit dizzy "Kris, Baekhyun is here" I open my eyes, iam still dreaming? did my mom said Baekhyun is here? "you better hurry up" I sit down and i see Chanyeol in the same chair "what happened?" Chanyeol croses his arms
 
"where do you want me to start?"
 
"oh my god, what did i do?"
 
"you made a wish" i start to mess my hair in frustration "what did i wish for? for Baekhyun to love me?" Chanyeol chuckles "i cant make someone love you" "then? what did i wish for?" Chanyeol sits down in the bed, and for some reason i feel ashame "you wish for a new personality...one that Baekhyun can like" i cant believe i waste it a wish on that.
 
"why do i feel that something more happened?" Chanyeol stands up and walks around, something did happened.
 
"you better get ready, your new life is starting" i nod, i wonder what waits ahead of me. It has to be something good, i mean Baekhyun likes me. even though he doesnt like the real me, but the thing that Chanyeol made me. 
 
Chanyeol goes to the window about to leave
 
"Chanyeol"
 
"yeah?"
 
"nothing more happened right?" Chanyeol takes a moment before he answers
 
"yeah"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
------
thank you for subscribing guys ^^
1/5