Chapter Three

Don't Say Goodbye

Months had passed, and the two were together almost 24/7. Kyuhyun decided to call her Seohyun, since he could not think of a nickname for her (he was more than thankful that she did not laugh at him). They often ate dinner together, since Joohyun wanted to spend time with her friends during lunch. Kyuhyun was alright with that, even though he could not fully understand why girls must stick together so much. On their 6 month, Kyuhyun bought a couple ring for them, and Joohyun being Joohyun shyly accepted it. It was not until their 7th month did Joohyun initiate skinship with Kyuhyun.

“Seohyun ah…” Kyuhyun was surprised by Joohyun’s sudden gesture. She wrapped her slender ivory arm around Kyuhyun’s and pretended nothing happened. He smiled. It’s been several months, but he was not used to smiling so much. Joohyun’s heart raced as they continued walking down the road that leads to her house. She swore that she could almost faint. She tried to steady her breathing, and she barely succeeded. Despite the chilly breeze hitting her face, Joohyun could feel it burn. ‘Aish Seo Joohyun! Why are you like this?!’ she mentally chided herself.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun stopped. It took Joohyun a few seconds to realize that they were outside her apartment building. She quickly retracted her arm and looked down embarrassingly. Kyuhyun laughed and pinched her cheeks. It earned him a glare from the shorter, but it made him laugh even harder. “Aigo, Seohyun ah, are you that awkward with skinship?” Joohyun bit her bottom lip and stared at Kyuhyun, ager rising. She tried her best to be a normal girl instead of an awkward one, but all she got was a mocking laughter from her boyfriend? That was not fair to her at all.

Kyuhyun sensed her silence and immediately stopped laughing. His eyes darted left and right, thinking of ways to calm her down. Then, an idea struck his head. He held onto his Seohyun by her shoulders and slowly leaned closer. Just as his lips were about to touch hers, he moved up and pecked her nose. “Good night.” He whispered and pushed her gently towards her apartment building.

Their days and nights went by like this. Even during finals and stressful times, they encouraged each other. Kyuhyun believed that they would go on forever, and she was his cure. Every second spend with her seemed to lift his spirits up. Even when they fought, just the thought of pushing his angel away was enough to have him apologize. The same applies to Joohyun. This was her first relationship and during the rough times, it was her friends who encouraged her to patch up with Kyuhyun. They were like a match made in heaven, it was no doubt. Despite their vast differences – Joohyun was seen as an angel and Kyuhyun was merely a college student to many of the boys – she could feel comfortable around Kyuhyun. She figured that it could be because Kyuhyun was technically her first male friend in college, but whatever the reason, she definitely could not live a day without seeing him (as cliché as that might sound).

Time flew by, and the two finally graduated from college. Joohyun, who graduated with outstanding results, was recommended to become a part of music composers for a musical company. Since her lecturer was a very close friend of the person-in-charge, she joined the team without a feat. Kyuhyun did fairly well, but of course, Joohyun has always been a genius in everything she does. He ended up being background staff for a theatre with Ryeowook, who achieved similar results. Kyuhyun was half grateful that Ryeowook was there. At least he had someone whom he was familiar with in his workplace. Yet, he felt that Ryeowook could’ve done better, if not for the family problems that arose during his finals. Nonetheless, everyone lead their lives peacefully.

Kyuhyun and Joohyun soon became a weekend couple, since working in a musical company meant irregular working hours. Despite that, they were still close. There was hardly a moment Joohyun was not thinking about Kyuhyun. Her team had took over a project and there was a song that reminded her so much of them. The lyrics expressed the fluttering and uncertainty that lingered in the lead’s heart when she saw the male lead. ‘Just like Kyu and me…’ She thought. She randomly started to play the piano that was in the room. Her mind was filled with thoughts of Kyuhyun. She recalled the days she was so unclear, when everything was just a blur. Joohyun’s slender fingers danced on the black and white keys, and beautiful sounding melody filled the room. After about 10 bars, she stopped. Joohyun slowly turned her head towards her teammates who were staring at her in awe.

“That… was beautiful! Maknae ah!” Her closest friend in the team exclaimed. Her eyes shone as she looked at Joohyun. The latter nodded meekly, wondering what she could have done. A senior explained to her, and hummed what she played. Joohyun pouted and returned to playing the piano. She did her best to play what she played before, and wrote down the notes on a score sheet bar by bar as she did so. Just like that she was in charge of the rough composition of the whole 3 minute song.

She read through the lyrics that night. It described a normal love story, and yet it was so beautiful at the same time. Maybe because I went through the same. However, her brows knitted when she read through the lyrics in the bridge.

But the nights you pushed me away

Oh, boy, how my heart was drenched in pain

You said you’ll be leaving, to keep me safe

Don’t say goodbye, please don’t say goodbye baby

Somehow Joohyun’s heart wrenched at these few words. The uncomfortable feeling in her heart just won’t leave her, even after she had completed her rough composition a week later. “Seohyun ah, don’t think about it anymore.” She whispered to herself. She tucked her hair behind her ear and walked into the café.


Hello my fellow readers! :D

It's been a very hectic week. I shall rant here. Monday there was Jjong's car accident (btw I'm actually a shawol, but I am kinda an SM stan ^^), Tuesday I danced with high fever for a dance showcase and these two days I am dying because of Coursework (any Singaporean readers here?). Okay end of rant.

I've honestly not started with Chapter 4 because I am literally SQUASHED by my own homework.): I'll try my best though! ^^

Just wanna ask, how do you guys manage your time when you study? Like I really need some tips in these. I'm always sleeping real late because I'm studying, but somehow I feel like it's because of my poor time management skills I become like that. Just a few suggestions will do, thank you!!!!

Thanks for reading~~