Muted Love Pt.1

Hyukmin - Muted Love

Eunhyuk's POV

I walk with Heechul into an unfamiliar house to meet one of Heechul’s friends. “Eunhyuk-ah… you should be careful. My friend is... unusual to other people.” Heechul looks over at me and I nod, hugging my notebook tightly to my chest. Then someone runs over to Heechul, hugging him tightly. The mystery person looks up and notices me, his expression changing from happy to scared in a matter of seconds. “Eunhyuk-ah… this is my friend Sungmin. He has Autism... he is shy around others, which means he usually doesn’t talk to strangers. I was hoping you two could become friends.” Heechul gently rubs Sungmin’s shoulder, and I nod and begin writing in my notebook.

My name is Eunhyuk ^^ I’m hope we can become friends.

I hand my notebook to Sungmin and he reads over it. He looks up nervously, and so I hand him my pen as well.

I’m sorry if you feel uncomfortable… how come you don’t talk?

Heechul reads over my shoulder and smiles sadly. “Would you like to answer this?” Heechul asks, and I nod, knowing that it’s better if I explain it myself.

I’m mute. That means I can’t talk. Thankfully though I can hear what people say though.

Sungmin looks up with wide eyes, and I smile sadly as Heechul hugs me tightly, knowing how I feel.

I’m sorry… I didn’t know. I didn’t hurt your feelings did I?

 I shake my head and Sungmin smiles. His next message makes Heechul smile widely and I nod enthusiastically.

Can we be friends?

 

I hurry to the door to Heechul’s house, checking my watch every few minutes. I knock, trying to recover my breath from rushing to Heechul’s house. The door opens and reveals Sungmin, who smiles when he sees it’s me.

Hello Sungmin ^.^

Sungmin smiles and helps me inside. “Eunhyuk… I have something to tell you…” I look up and see Sungmin twisting his hands nervously.

If it’s about how I’m mute, it’s no problem.

Sungmin shakes his head and I tilt my head in confusion. “I… like someone.” I feel shocked, and I feel like my heart has stopped beating. Why do I feel like this? Do I have feelings for Sungmin? Sungmin notices how I reacted and moves closer. “It’s just… the person I like…” Sungmin trails off and looks worriedly at the corridor, checking to make sure Heechul isn’t looking for us. “I like you.” Sungmin says, taking my hand and kissing it softly. I look at him with wide eyes, and he lets go of my hand. I grab it again as I hand him my notebook, blushing slightly.

I like you too.

 

A/N: I hope you like this (: