Chapter 4: The Mysterious Akian

Kiss Me, You Idiot.

[3rd P.O.V.]

SunMi held onto Luhan’s supplies. Her body ached painfully. Her muscles were sore and tense. Sighing, she fully stood. Her legs began to wobble beneath her.  Once she gained her ground, she examined her surroundings.  The Dragon lied there still. It became visible once it was slayed. “What should I do now?” she spoke to herself. She searched for the map Luhan mentioned. Upon finding it, the map began to float. A woman’s voice said softly.

Next Location:  Barbarian Village

SunMi watched in amazement as vivid images of the village popped into her head.

The village is north of this location. Beware of the Barbaric Warriors.

Next the vision of a creature covered in blood popped up. The warrior repeatedly stabbed it prey. It carried a sword larger than its body. SunMi could hear the crackling sound of the prey’s bones breaking. SunMi cringed at the sight. Over-kill much?

The chances of an encounter are: Definite

“Well I feel so safe.” SunMi said sarcastically. She sighed at the thought of seeing this beastly being. “Well, nothing is going to get accomplished by just standing here. I might as well finish this.” SunMi said as she adjusted the straps on her backpack. She pulled out the compass given to her. She made sure that she was headed north. Nodding in approval, she began to travel in that direction. She kept a watchful eye on her surroundings.

Meanwhile….

“I’m here, young prince.” Key said emotionless. The prince smiled in approval. “So, how is the girl? Is she well protected?” the prince, named Heechul (by an unknown source), asked softly. “I have given her the white rabbit. The rabbit was trained to survive even the toughest of situations.  She should be looking for a mage or warrior as we speak.” He replied.  “That’s pleasant news. But what has happened to you? You used to be full of so much life. But now you operate like a machine.” Heechul said observing Key. Key bowed his head.

“I’ve lost something that could never be replaced.”

“Are you sure Kibum? I’m sure I could replace this object.” Heechul said with sincerity. Key shook his head sadly. “You could never replace my heart. My heart will never be the same, since it was stolen and crushed.” He said. Heechul sighed in understanding. “It has been a thousand years Kibum. You should move on.” the prince advised. “A thousand years that I’ve loved her.” He spoke. “Our race desires to mate with someone. Don’t you want little children?” the prince asked kindly. “You should know that us feline Akians* are picky. No one has aroused my interests.” Key said, as his eyes changed into a lavender color.

“You’re fickle.”

“Sorry Sir, but what do you expect? I’m a cat. I’d throw a fit if someone doesn’t clean my litter box right.” Kibum rolled his eyes. Heechul chuckled at his comment. “You and I both know that you’re more important than an average cat. Even more important than myself.” He said seriously. “Is there anything else that you request, your highness?” Key said trying to change the subject. That subject is a weakness of his. Heechul understood Kibum’s antics. “Okay. Kibum, go accompany Miss. Song on her journey. I have an uneasy feeling.” He requested waving his hands. “I don’t feel comfortable around that child. She’s naïve and stubborn. Plus she is as flat a surf board.” Kibum said as his tail swung back and forth in annoyance. “You just don’t like the fact that she is just like her mother.” Heechul spoke. Kibum’s feline ears perked up at his comment. “She can never be like Alice. Alice was gorgeous, clever, and sincere. Her smell was intoxicating and her figure was curvy—“

“God, you sound like a love sick fool. If Alice smell intoxicated you, then what does SunMi scent do to you?” Heechul asked jokingly.

“Remind me of my litter box.”

 

[]Back to the Dragon’s Meadow[]

“Minho, make sure that the dragon is completely dead. We don’t want to get killed now, do we?” Seunghyun ordered. “Oh but its okay if I end up dead?”  Minho thought, as he approached the dead Dragon. His eyes were fixed upon the Dragon’s stomach. The flesh was torn and being eaten upon by wild birds. Minho shooed away the birds from the rotting flesh. Sighing, Minho observed the Dragon’s head. This dragon was definitely killed. “But by what?” Minho thought. “It’s dead!” Minho called out to his group. The leader of the tribe smirked in satisfaction. “Okay, Minho then go see what the cause of its death was.” Seunghyun, the leader, ordered. “Yeah, we don’t want to get our hands dirty. But you……well you’re practically dirt.” Siwon smirked. Oh, Minho wished that he could punch that smirk off of him. But that was for another time.

“Lazy idiots!!” Minho thought, as he begins to dissect the Dragon. He had to look deep inside of it to see the cause of death. “Hmm….this is weird it seems that this Dragon was destroyed from the inside.” Minho thought as he slipped on a pair of gloves. He crawled his way inside the Dragon. He hated doing this job. But he wasn’t supposed to do this alone, those lazy s were supposed to be helping. Since they were a higher rank than him, they made him do all the work. Seunghyun is the leader of the village, so he had special privileges. They all hated Minho. No one actually knew the reason why. They really wanted Minho to suffer the most amongst them. The whole village did, except for a select few. The reason was most-likely because of his dad. His dad was a traitor. At least that’s what the history books say. He heard that his father joined the infected and left him with his mother and baby brother. Minho wished that he was able to kill his father. His father is the main reason why his family is treated like rejects in the village.

“Please….. help…..” a voice echoed inside the Dragon’s damaged organs. Minho jumped at the sound. Calming down, Minho began to crawl towards the sound. He came to an opening near the Dragon’s throat. There lied a rabbit Akian with white hair. His eyes were gazing over. He barely was breathing. “Help……hurts...” the Akian moaned.  Minho gulped nervously as he came closer to the creature. It’s a known fact that Barbarians (like him) were supposed to kill Akians. But something attracted Minho to this one. He has gorgeous white hair and creamy milk skin. “Wait….white hair…..white ears……this is the white rabbit.” Minho thought.  Minho knows how special a white rabbit is. If it is killed, the worse of the worse things could happen. Minho sighed in frustration. He knows that those basterds would kill him immediately if they saw him. Barbarians hate Akians the most. He has to help him escape.

Minho suddenly remembers that he has something. A tote bag that’s strapped around his shoulders. “This is his ticket out.” He thought. “Listen to me. I know that you’re in pain, but I need you to turn into your true form.” Minho whispered as he caressed the rabbit’s silky hair. “C-Can’t…….hurts…” the rabbit groaned. Minho lifted up the Akian’s petite body gently. “Please, I need you to try. I don’t want you to die.” Minho hugged him closer. Minho felt the Akian snuggle into his touch. “Neh…” the rabbit said. Minho used his hand to muffle the Akian’s screams as it transformed. He felt completely sorry for him. The poor creature was in horrible pain.

One he transformed, Minho stuffed the unconscious creature into his bag. Sighing, he began to steadily crawl back through the Dragon.  He hated the smell of decomposing flesh. His body was covered in blood and unknown juices. He’d have to take a bath when he goes back.

“Yah, sh*t face! What took you so long?” Joon smirked. Minho rolled his eyes. “Nothing.” He said as he stepped out of the Dragon’s side. “You look like sh*t, which is basically how you look every day.” An unknown guy commented in his group. Ignoring his comment, Minho went to Seunghyun. “The flesh is still somewhat fresh. However, the cause of death is unknown.” He told the leader. Seunghyun nodded. Minho was about to leave, yet Seunghyun called him back. “You have blood dripping out of your bag.” He said. Minho looked down to see that it was true indeed. “Crap! This is not good!” Minho thought. “Is there something in your bag?” Siwon, the leader’s right hand man, asked. He looked at the bag with concentration. “No….” Minho said as a million thoughts on how to escape ran through his head. Yet none of them had a good ending. “Open your bag if you have nothing to hide.” Siwon ordered. Minho nodded reluctantly. He knew the consequence of hiding or not killing an Akian. It was immediate death by getting beheaded. He was already praying to the heavens to save him.

“Sire! We have found a floating device nearby!! It seems that the occupants have abandoned it recently!!! There are footprints leading towards our village.” Hyunseung yelled. Minho silently thanked Hyunseung for his impeccable timing. “Let’s follow it immediately!!” Seunghyun yelled at his men.  Siwon glared at Minho before following his leader’s order. Minho let out a sigh of relief. Hyunseung smiled at him, before leaving.

Once everyone was gone, Minho checked on the creature. He was still unconscious, yet still breathing. “Don’t worry; I’ll get you to some place safe.” Minho said as he comforted him. 

Minho jogged back to the village, taking a different route.

He is going to help keep him alive.

__________________________________________________

Akian- An half-animal and half-human breed