Chapter 2: Follow the White Rabbit.

Kiss Me, You Idiot.

 

 
Where am I?
 
“You’re in my world.” A guy said, appearing next to me. In his world? What is he talking about?
 
“What is this world?” I said, chewing my bottom lip.
 
“We call it various names. Your people call it ‘Wonder Land’. This place has no name.” he explained. I then noticed bunny ears on him. I stood up and reached to touch them. “Are these……real?” I asked fondling them. “Yes.” he said simply, allowing me to continue to touch him.  
 
I soon got bored with them.
 
“Okay….so why am I here?” I asked quietly. He stared at me for a while, before he sighed. “Did that cat  tell you anything?” he mumbled. “Cat?” I asked. “Oh right! I believe he’s called Kibum in your world.”   he explained. Is he talking about the Kibum I know?  I wonder. “Anyway, let me explain. This world is in chaos. Since 3,000 years ago, there was a infection that spread throughout the lands. Now, that infection has entered my part of this world. We thought that we could defeat the infection using our ultimate forbidden spell. However, 300 years ago we discovered that this infection was created by someone……or  something. The thing is impossible to defeat. We sent our best armies, from different categories, to defeat it. It enslaved them all. They turned into monsters  that eat and slay their own kind. Gradually we gave up and slowly watched our world wither away.” 
 
“What does the infection do to your people?” I asked. 
 
“It turns them into a race of uncontrollable monsters……..” he said with sad eyes. 
 
It took me awhile to process this information. What has Key gotten me into? Why am I here in the first place? Where is that weirdo? 
 
“Why am I here?” I asked the bunny man.
 
He sighed. “We had a great mage long ago. He prophesied that a girl would be born in your world who can end this war. That girl was named……..Alice.”  My eyes lit up in recognition. Does he mean Alice…..from that children’s tale: Alice in Wonderland?  “You might know her. I hear she is popular in your world. She came here, by Kibum of course, to finish this war……”
 
He paused for a brief second in thought.
 
“She grew tired of this fight. She left our world and never came back. Kibum went looking for years later and discovered something…..”
 
I waited for him to continue.
 
“She was pregnant with a child. A child that was half human and half…….infected.” he said. “I don’t understand.” I said quietly. Why was this important? Why should I give a sh*t about Alice? 
 
“It turns out that Alice fell in love with an infected person while she was here. She had with him . She left because she felt guilty. She has betrayed us by falling in love with an enemy…”-he paused-“The other infected being had got a whiff of the prophecy. They found Alice when she tried to visit her lover in this world. She wanted to tell him that she had a child by him. But before she could, they slaughtered her. Before she died, she gave her child to Kibum. He was given the duty of protecting the girl.” 
 
“Mr.! How come you are telling me this?!?!?” I yelled, tired of this unrelated story.
 
“Tell me, Song SunMi, do you know your mother?” he asked me. Wait how does he know my name. Suddenly, it all clicked together. That can’t possibly be it! It is impossible! This is a dream I’m having! It has to be!
 
“No. No. NO!! Alice can’t be my mother!” I screamed, tears welling up in my eyes. 
 
I always wanted to know who my mother was. But this wasn’t what I was expecting! I was expecting to see my mother dressed up in a pastel colored dress with open arms telling me to give her the hug I’ve always yearned for. But she is dead? No. That is impossible! It wasn’t supposed to go like this! She was supposed to be alive and healthy! She was supposed to be alive so that I could ask her “why?”.  I was going to ask her why she abandoned me. I was going to tell her about the countless times I sat in the cold poor orphanage praying to god, no begging god to make her come for me. When other orphans were being picked to leave, I’d sit on the rooftop looking into the distance. I would think every night ’Umma, I wonder if you’re sleeping well tonight. You’re sleeping under the same sky as me, right? I promise I’ll wait for you. I don’t want to leave this place unless you come to take me. So rest well, so that I can see your smiling face tomorrow.’. Now I know why I’ve never seen that smiling face.  She is dead.
 
“Shh! Don’t cry please.” the bunny man comforted me. I welcomed in his hug, because hell I have no one else to help me. I know nothing about this world. He is the only one helping me right now.
 
Once I was done crying my eyes out (and soaking up his shirt with tears). I asked him another question. “Why am I important? My mother died, so why am I needed?” What the hell was this? Question Day? I’m mad that I made another question just now.
 
“Since you’re her daughter. You have her powers and also your father’s powers.” he explained. “You are the next chosen girl to defeat the enemy. If you die then there is no hope for my world…….and also your world.” 
 
My world too? Hold up, wait a minute! When was my world involved too?!?!?!?
 
“Before you ask (am I that predictable?), they haven’t discovered your world yet. However, they have realized that Alice didn’t come from here. They will come for your world next. They are already searching for it as we speak.”
 
Nice. Isn’t everything so wonderful.
 
“ Okay, so I’ve explained mostly everything! You have to begin your journey! We don’t want to be late!” he rushed, once he glanced at his watch. He started to walk away from me. “Wait! Where are you going?” I yelled. “Follow me if you want to live! No more questions! You’re driving me crazy!!!” he yelled.  He ran to a hot air balloon. That wasn’t there a section ago. “Follow me! Hurry I‘ll hate to be late!”   
 
Suddenly, Key’s previous words flashed in my mind: Just follow the white rabbit!
 
I don't really talk a lot after I update.
Maybe next time I'll have somthing to say.
​Guess who the white rabbit is. Hint: It is someone from Exo. I'm not telling if he's from K or M.
This chapter was a bit boring though. But, I have to get stuff explained before the adventure and action comes.
Good luck until next time!