Chapter 1: Into The Rabbit Hole.

Kiss Me, You Idiot.

 

Do you see that guy over there? You know, the one with those kissable luscious lips? That’s Jongin. My crush, my future lover,  my future husband, and my future baby maker. He’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a package. He’s my dream. 
 
“Oh gosh, stop drooling over Jongin.” my best friend Yoseob complained. He rolled his eyes, turning back to his unfinished class work. I smiled shyly and twirled my short brown locks. I was average. Short dark hair, brown dull eyes, and I was a bit over weight. “Yoseob you’re such a party pooper~” I giggled. He started to scribble down his work, effectively ignoring me. I then continued to watch Jongin. God, why did you make him so irresistible?
 
“Don’t look now, but Almighty weirdo is looking at you again.” Yoseob mumbled. I sighed and nodded my head sadly. “When is he not? That guy is always starting at me. I bet he hates me..” I said looking at my empty worksheet. “I wouldn’t say that. You’ve never asked him why he stares at you constantly. Are you going to?” Yoseob asked, while still writing down his work. I looked back at the freak quickly. He stared at me with eyes full of anger. I quickly turned back to my work. “I’m pretty sure he hates me……a lot” I mumbled, only loud enough for Yoseob to hear me. “You still aren’t certain.” he answered back. I wrote my name, Song SunMi, on my paper.  “He might not hate me, but he can’t stand my presence.” I looked at him once more. “That’s for sure.” I said. 
 
 
After school: 11:00pm (Korean school time)
 
“There he goes, Yoseob. He’s going back to that abandoned haunted house.” I said to Yoseob as I spied on Kibum passing by my old orphanage. “I don’t understand why you’re spying on him in the first place. You were supposed to have a civilized conversation with him. Why is that so hard for you?” Yoseob asked coming out of our hiding spot. “Shh! Yoseob stop messing up my plans! Hide! Hide, please Seobie!!!” I whispered-yelled to him. He rolled his eyes and hid himself again. “You know what? I’m leaving. I don’t have time to stalk a stalker.” Yoseob mumbled, leaving the hiding place once again. “Seobie…….Oppa. Please follow him with me. I don’t want to confront him by myself.” I begged, pouting cutely.  Yoseob ignored my attempt of being cute. Guess you really can’t fight cuteness with cuteness. Yoseob has to see his face everyday. “Call me if anything happens.” Yoseob hugged me, then started to walk away. “But Oppa, following me will prevent anything bad from happening!!!!” I whispered-yelled.  He waved back at me, as he gradually walked further away. What great friends I have. 
 
“Are you going with me? Or are you going to continue to play I spy?” a voice said, scaring the sh*t out of me. My eyes widened when I realized the voice belonged to Kibum. “H-How d-did you k-know I was tailing y-you?” I stuttered shyly. Kibum rolled his eyes, placing one hand on his hip. “It not hard to notice you. You aren’t very good at being a detective…” he said, with sass in his voice. I took at good look at him. He was actually quite…..cute for a weirdo. Eww. Did I just think that up?
 
“ Hey Raisin , are you coming or not.” Kibum said. Did he just call me Raisin ?!? “Hey, I’ll have you know. My chest is very--”     “Hurry up, we don’t have all day!!! We are going to be late!” Kibum cut me off. He grabbed my wrists and pulled me towards the house. I could feel the heat  gradually rush to my face. His hands were strong, yet soft and gentle. Why am I suddenly feeling this way?
 
“Oh no! This is not good! The master is going to kill me if I don’t get you there on time.” Kibum mumbled. Suddenly, he hugged me close to him. I could hear the wind rushing around me. I closed my eyes tightly. I soon felt the air go still. “ We are here.” Kibum said, letting go of me harshly. I opened my eyes to see that we were in a dark blue room. Candle sticks were visibly lit, with blue flames. “Where in the hell are we Kibum?!?!?” I started to panic. We were just outside two seconds ago. How are we in here?
 
“Listen, there is not enough time to explain. Just follow the white rabbit! I will guide you later on when I can!! Find a warrior and a mage to protect you!!” Kibum rushed out those words. “Kibum, what are you talking about? Where are we? I don’t understand!” I said starting to freak out. Where is Yoseob when you need him?!? “I will explain soon. We are on the border between your world and mine! Close your eyes!” he said, his voice became slightly different. The colors in the room started to change around me. Okay, this is my cue to get the out of here!!! “Hurry close your eyes!” he yelled. I quickly closed them in fear. “Whatever you do, don’t open them until I release you!” he yelled. The wind in the room gradually picked up. “Key, I’m scared.” I broke down, calling Kibum by his nickname.  
 
“Don’t be afraid. I’m here.” Key, whispered in my ear. He held my body in his warm embrace. I felt warmed and loved by his actions. “This is going to be a bit painful, so take a deep breath.” he said calmly. I nodded and took a deep breath. Suddenly, I felt the most unbearable pain in my chest. “Oww! It hurts so much!!!!!!!” I yelled. “Don’t open your eyes! It will be over soon!!” Key said. “AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” I screamed. Tears streamed uncontrollably down my cheeks. “Shh! SunMi, breathe.” he whispered softly, holding me tighter. I tried to calm down. But it didn’t do me much good. The pain was now spreading throughout my body. Quietly I heard Key say “Release.” 
 
Soon that pain stopped. The darkness over took me. My mind was a blur. I could only hear the distant sound of a stranger’s laughter. I could no longer feel Key’s warmth.
 
 
………………………………................
 
 
I sat up in my position. My eyes were squinted. My head hurt like hell. I reached up to rub my aching head. I soon realized my hair was longer, down my lower back. I felt lighter too. I griped my hips only to realize I was thin.  I gasped, opening my eyes widely. I then took notice of my surrounding. I was in a field. There stood only one tree. I was leaning against it. “What in the world….” I mumbled, looking at the sky. The sky had a huge planet and a moon, so close that it would hit me at any moment. I then took notice of my outfit. I was wearing a blue outfit. What happened to my uniform? Why is my hair longer and my body slimmer? What is this place?
 
Where am I?
 
 
 
Comment and tell me what you think about this re-make!