Chapter 3: Never Give Up!

Kiss Me, You Idiot.

 I woke up to see the bunny man stirring the balloon. “Where are we now?” I yawned. The bunny man stopped stirring the balloon, and gradually made his way over to me. “We have an extended journey ahead of us. Momentarily, we are in the Hollow Lands. We barely left our starting point.” He said. I glanced around to see a meadow of flowers.

“For what reason is this called the ‘Hollow Lands’?” I asked. “I don’t know actually. That is just the name of this place. Nobody questions the King’s wisdom.” He said checking the map. He sniffed the air a couple of times. “The King decided that name? What’s the King’s name?” I asked. “He has no name, just like I, but he is referred to as the great cat. That is why Kibum is a cat, because the King’s loyal servant has to be a cat. Why, you might ask, because that just how things are. Nobody ever questions our realm’s order.”  He explained. “Nothing makes sense here. That is why it is called ‘Wonderland’ by your world beings. It really makes you curious as to what the hell is going on here. Even I wonder about it sometimes.” He smiled. “This is kind of confusing.” I admitted. He laughed at my comment. “You’ll get used to it.” He grinned.  

“Oh, by the way, do you want a name?” I asked. He jumped with glee. “Yes! Yes! I would love to have one! I always wanted to have a name. But others think that it is weird to have one……..” he mumbled sadly. “Don’t worry I’ll give you one.” I smiled. He looked at me with sparkling eyes. “Um… how about….Luhan? Yes! That fits you so well.” I asked, waiting for his approval.   “Thank You So Much! I really desired one. You’re the only one who cares about me, even just a little.” He said, hugging me tight. “You’re welcome. You deserve to have a name. You’re the one guiding me through this, after all.” I hugged his small frame. He pulled away to look me in my face properly. “Since you’ve done me a favor, I’ll give you one.” He said. He wrapped a whistle, in the form of a bunny, around my neck. “If you are ever in real danger blow this. You’ll need this just in case something terrible happens to me or anyone else important.” He told me as he pulled away from the embrace.   

Suddenly the flowers in the meadow began to wilt. The sun in the sky got covered by a mass of clouds. Something dreadful was about to happen. I could sense it. “You need to fasten up. These lands aren’t secure now.” He said loading a weapon. The weapon resembled a rocket launcher. But this weapon was larger than that. ‘Where did he get that? It wasn’t here a second ago.’ I thought. “Something enormous is coming. Maybe a……….Dragon?” he sniffed the air. I shivered at the image of a Dragon. “But the problem is what type. There are over 10 different types of dragons; they all fly by the way. Let’s just hope that this one is harmless.” He said. “Well it killed the flowers and life in this land, so I doubt it is harmless!” I snapped.

“Shh. Don’t you hear that? It sounds like…..thunder. Sh*t, Sh*t, Sh*t!!!!!!!” Luhan started to swear up a storm. His ears twitched in a certain direction. He suddenly sniffed the air. “What’s your problem?” I asked, studying his facial expressions. “My problem you ask? My ing problem is that it’s a thunder dragon!!!! Do you even understand our dilemma?” he asked as he stirred the balloon in the opposite direction. “What do thunder dragons actually do?” I mumbled, as rain started to pour down. I could barely see anything. “Well nothing accept…..they are ing invisible, aggressive, use lighting to demolish their targets, confuse their targets with thunder, and fly of course. And we just so happen to be in its territory, probably near its nest. Did I also mention that we are in a large hot air balloon?!?!?!” he started to tremble. I took a deep breath, remaining calm and collected. Wow, I’m surprised that I’m taking this situation well. Usually, I’ll be on the floor crying my eyes out. “It’s rare, notorious, legendary, powerful, and no one lived to tell the tale!” he started to panic. I slapped him hard. “Listen to me Luhan! You are our only chance of surviving this! I need you to pull yourself together!!!” I shook him. He started to breath normally. I could gradually see him calm down. “Thank you SunMi! I got the situation under control now. So, sit down and hold on tight! I’m a specialist.” he said with determination. I acknowledged his instructions. “Yes Sir!” I proceeded to hold on tight.

 

[3rd P.O.V]

 

Luhan placed the large weapon upon his shoulders. “Where are you beautiful?” he mumbled using his target detector. His instincts warned him that the dragon is close. He his chapped lips and concentrated on his surroundings. He could sense that the Dragon wanted him to make the first move. The first move could be deadly. He wasn’t the type of being to fall into an easy trap. The rain poured harder, making it difficult to comprehend the Dragon’s location. Luhan body shivered from the ruthless wind that kissed his cheeks.  He made up in his mind that, he’d die protecting this girl. There was no turning back. “SunMi, if I die I need you to take my compass and map.” He halfheartedly smiled at her. She could see the pain etched on his face. “Tell my teacher that I’m sorry.” He smiled. He pulled her closer and kissed her forehead. Sun Mi wasn’t able to say anything. It was too early to say goodbye. She barely got to know him.

He pushed her away gently. His broad back faced her. Luhan gave her one last look over his shoulder, before jumping over the edge of the balloon. “Luhan!!!!!” SunMi yelled out frantically.

Everything seemed to occur in slow motion. One minute Luhan was falling rapidly, and then the next he disappeared in mid-air. SunMi looked over the edge with sorrow. The Dragon had swallowed Luhan’s whole body in one second. He didn’t even say goodbye. SunMi felt a great pain spread throughout her chest. She felt guilty and disgusted. Guilty, because an innocent young man died for her sake. Disgusted, because she pictured Luhan’s body decomposing inside of that monster.  

Suddenly, there was a massive explosion. She closed her eyes as the wind rushed harshly against her face. She couldn’t see anything around her. The balloon spun in circle and collided with the ground. SunMi held onto the beam, holding the balloon in place, for dear life. Once it landed, her body ached with pain. She shifted, trying to see what caused the explosion. There lied creature, which she figured was a Dragon, dead. Its inside covered the meadow’s flower. The flowers were painted red with blood. Cringing, SunMi started to crawl towards the items Luhan had left behind. His back pack had everything needed to survive. There was a note taped to a notebook.

 

If you are reading this, then I’m dead. Use this notebook to guide you. It has information on each creature you’ll encounter on the quest. Even the infected. These are my teacher’s note. SunMi, these are the notes that were taken during your mother’s journey. My teacher guided your mother as her white rabbit. White rabbits were made to guide important people. You are the most important. You’re so special. Anyway, don’t be saddened over my death. You have to pinky promise me, okay? ( /(=^_^=)\ )

–The White Rabbit (Good Luck)

 

SunMi wiped the tears from her eyes.

She had to be strong for him.

Otherwise, he died for nothing.