Death By...Porridge?

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I fear I am spoiling y'all...but here it is, another double update to make up for the short one previouly. Enjoy! XP

 

 

 

 

Tiffany smelled something burning in the haziness of her dreamless sleep. It brought back not so fond memories of a simulated burning building attraction in Universal Studios Florida that had scared her to tears as a kid. Tendrils of fear began to kick in and Tiffany jolted awake and tumbled out of bed, landing on her bad left shoulder. She groaned and rolled around a little in pain. Then she got another whiff of acrid burning smoke and heard a string of rather high-pitched and nasally protests. Suddenly everything made sense and Tiffany laid back on the floor and snorted.

 

But then again…with Jessica cooking, a fire really was a very possible danger. Thinking better of it, Tiffany got up and made her way to the kitchen, rubbing her smarting arm as she went.

 

She found the ice princess bent over a smoking pan, scraping at a blackened mass that was…whatever the hell that was supposed to be. A pot on another stove element was bubbling and boiling over, erupting in little volcanic explosions of goopy splashes that Jessica tried to avoid with little jerky movements of her feet and flailing arms accompanied by loud squawks. It all accumulated into some weird spastic little dance. Tiffany watched for a moment with an amused smirk before she winced with a sharp intake of breath. Darn Gura…she better not have a scar on her face…or she’d definitely have to work at DaMasque for the rest of her life.

 

Deciding to intervene before things got worse, Tiffany approached Jessica from the side and took the pan in one hand and turned off the element the pot was on with her other. Throwing the pan into the sink and turning on the cold water to soak the pan, she watched as a hot sizzle erupted along with a cloud of blackened smoke. Then turning back to the stove she used a ladle to curiously poke and stir at what was in the pot.

 

Porridge? Oatmeal? Gruel? Please sir, I want some more.

 

Why the hell is it…grey?

 

Feeling rather brave after her multiple brushes with death since last night, Tiffany scooped a tiny amount up into the ladle and tentatively stuck out the tip of her tongue to risk a taste.

 

“Don’t!” Jessica cried as she saw what Tiffany was about to do.

 

Too late.

 

 

It wasn’t that bad…just really…salty and peppery…and kind of bitter?

 

Tiffany was about to give her verdict when she felt a roiling in her stomach, her gut spastically contracting in rhythmic pulses and her head reeling with nausea.

 

Oral diarrhea…oh crap…

 

Tiffany lurched blindly towards the bathroom and threw her head into the toilet, just in time for a stream of chunked up breakfast to come flying out of . One hand clutched at her abdomen as her stomach continued to empty itself in violent surges, the other tried to hold the gash on her cheek together so it wouldn’t stretch the already clotted wound and cause it to open up and bleed again.

 

Really shouldn’t have eaten that much at the diner…

 

In the midst of her rigorous stomach exercise, she was aware Jessica was kneeling besides her, holding her hair back and frantically yet gently her back. Even through the chaos that was her throwing up, Tiffany’s body reacted reflexively and erupted into tingling trails of goosebumps wherever Jessica’s touch wandered.

 

How the hell do I still manage to be aroused by this?! I’m blowing chunks for gods sake!

 

“Tiffany! I’m so sorry! I really shouldn’t have tried to cook you anything! I just wanted to take care of you! Gawd! I’ve actually gone and done it! Poisoned someone with my cooking! I’m sorry Tiffany! I’m so sorry!!!” Jessica wailed beside her as she continued to Tiffany’s back.

 

After a good ten minutes, the waves of nausea died down. Tiffany flushed the toilet and slumped to the side, resting her good cheek against the cool glass of the stand-in shower. She looked over at Jessica. The ice princess looked pitiful, like her parents had finally told her the truth behind sending their family dog off to a country farm.

 

At least she’s not crying.

 

Tiffany pointed to her head.

 

“Concussion.”

 

She watched the realization slowly begin to dawn on the ice princess, watched as the look of harrowing guilt slide into one of confusion and finally into one of utmost concern. It Tiffany’s throat wasn’t so dry and sore from vomiting, she would have laughed. Jessica was not exactly one for quick reactions.

 

Finally catching on, Jessica brought a cup of water to Tiffany’s mouth so she could rinse out the tart taste. Tiffany took the cup and dismissively waved Jessica away.

 

“I’ll clean up a bit before I come out. Go and order some food. I’m hungry again,” Tiffany said as she bent over the sink to wash her face. She heard Jessica hesitate for a bit, probably wondering how a person could even think of eating after throwing up.

 

“Perhaps some soup. Nothing chunky!” Tiffany yelled hoarsely after Jessica as she went to order take-out. Once finished cleaning up, Tiffany walked over

Please log in to read the full chapter