This I Promise You, Jessica

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

Saturday, April 8th 2023

 

 

 

 

Stephanie burrowed her head into Jessica’s neck, inhaling the scent of the older girl and feeling herself slink back into a light doze. She could feel Jessica’s chest rise and fall with each breath and it soothed her senses, teasing her back into dreams of nothing and everything.

 

When she blinked awake again almost an hour later, she knew from the stillness that the rest of the girls had gone for their daily schedules. The two of them were schedule free for today and had planned for nothing. They just wanted to spend the day amongst the commonplace and nothing else. Glancing at the clock showing 09:27 AM, Stephanie stretched lazily, her back arching and limbs reaching, slightly jostling Jessica next to her who mewled discontentedly and curled into a ball. She smiled at the sight wrapped her slightly larger frame around the older girl, kissing her neck and any other exposed skin languidly, her fingers idly running up and down Jessica’s arms and sides, trying to draw the girl into wakefulness.

 

All that elicited was some high pitched whines and some squirming. It was so cute it made her grin like a fool.

 

“Jessi…wake up…it’s almost 9:30. Let’s not waste our entire day in bed.”

 

Some more squirming and squeaking protest ensued.

 

Until finally the older girl blearily opened her eyes with yawn that looked to almost dislocate her jaw.

 

“Morning…”

 

“Morning oh shining one, bearer of light,” Stephanie teased, kissing Jessica on her nose.

 

Together the two rose to get ready for the day. After brushing up, Stephanie made breakfast while Jessica set the table and made their coffee. When the two finally sat down at the table to eat, it was with a languorous almost sloth-like air.

 

After breakfast, they bundled up and sauntered aimlessly at a park nearby, stopping at an ice cream vendor as a result of Jessica’s incessant whining along the way. By the time they got home with some take-out for lunch, the tips of their noses were pink from the cold and their fingertips tingling from the brisk air. Jessica hung up their coats and put away their scarves while Stephanie plated their take-out lunch. Deciding on a whim she wanted to bask a bit in the sunlight, the younger girl grabbed a small low wooden table and set it next to the sliding glass doors that led out to the balcony. She set their plates on the small table and grabbed the cutlery. Jessica came out and saw the arrangement and giggled, ruffling Stephanie’s hair as she sauntered over to sit down on the floor.

 

“Indoor picnic?”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Why not indeed.”

 

When lunch was finished and everything cleaned up, Jessica dragged Stephanie into the shower, having demanded a scalp massage from the younger girl to ease the slight tension in her head of late. Once showered and

Please log in to read the full chapter