Frozen Raindrops Are Falling On Our Heads

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

February 26th, 2014

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re home…” Jessica groaned as she slid off the couch, massaging her sore back and trying to get sensation back into her numbed legs.

 

“Jessi…you shouldn’t have waited up for me. You knew I had a late schedule and what’s more, you have an early one tomorrow!” Tiffany scolded her girlfriend and effortlessly picked her up. Jessica rubbed her eyes sleepily and scrunched up her nose at Tiffany’s rebuke but said nothing. The older girl snuggled her face into Tiffany’s chest and deeply inhaled the scent she had come to associate with everything she wanted to live for.

 

Tiffany moved to carry the older girl into her own bedroom, wanting to sleep with Jessica in her arms tonight, but the brunette’s soft mumblings that tickled her chest made her stop and look down.

 

“Jessi…?”

 

“I said…can we take a walk?”

 

“…”

 

“Just the two of us?”

 

“You don’t look like you’ll be doing much walking…”

 

“I wasn’t planning to.”

 

“So basically, you want me to walk around while carrying you. You’re like one of those finicky babies that can’t sleep unless they’re constantly rocked or driven in a car or riding in a moving stroller or something.”

 

“Please…?”

 

“Urgh…fine. But not with you dressed like this,” Tiffany eased them quietly into her room, being careful not to wake Seohyun.

 

She set Jessica on the bed, who slumped tiredly to the side.

 

The younger looked at her girlfriend and shook her head in disbelief. Why the hell would Jessica, the ‘Sleeping Beauty’ forgo sleep just to take a walk in the cold winter night?! Nevertheless, Tiffany was never really one to deny Jessica her wishes. She moved to her dresser and got her thickest, warmest and most comfy sweater. It was big, even on herself, but it would definitely to the job. Plus, it would help keep their identities hidden. Next, she chose a pair of comfy sweats and then moved back towards her girlfriend…only to find her fast asleep.

 

Tiffany sighed and placed the articles of clothing at the foot of her bed, shifting Jessica a little so that she no longer lay on top of the comforter. Tiffany pulled the comforter over the slumbering Jessica and was about to leave to wash up for the night when Jessica’s hand shot out to stop her.

 

“No…please…take me out…” the girl mumbled, her eyes fluttering tiredly.

 

“Jess! You’re about to pass out! Just sleep. We can go out tomorrow night. Come on,” Tiffany urged, trying to tuck Jessica in comfortably. But the older refused and swung her legs over the side of the bed, her feet dangling in the air and kicking and swinging like a child’s.

 

Jessica lifted both hands into the air.

 

“Dress me…” she mumbled, chewing on the side of her cheeks.

 

Tiffany just stared at her.

 

Jessica looked incredibly cute right now and she just wanted to kiss the hell out of her, but Tiffany held herself in and quickly slipped the sweater over Jessica’s head, pulling her arms out from the sleeves. Then Tiffany gently lay Jessica back down and slid the pants on overtop Jessica’s sleep shorts as well.

 

Sensing that Tiffany was done dressing her, Jessica reached out for her girlfriend like a child asking to be picked up. Tiffany smiled softly at the sight and tenderly pulled Jessica up and set her on her back. The brunette instinctively wrapped her legs around Tiffany’s waist and her arms around Tiffany’s neck.

 

Tiffany reached back and flipped the hood over Jessica’s head.

 

“Comfy princess?” Tiffany asked softly as she piggybacked Jessica out of their apartment.

 

“Mmhmm…” Jessica murmured drowsily.

 

“So? Where to then?”

 

“Any–*yawn*–where…” Jessica mumbled as she snuggled deeper into the crook of Tiffany’s neck, getting lulled into her own little ‘Winter Wonderland’ as Tiffany’s scent washed over her and permeated every one of her senses, sending her into a hazy little cocoon of warmth and coziness.

 

Tiffany chuckled and continued to walk aimlessly, just enjoying the feel of Jessica’s slow even breathing against her back and the sensitive skin of her neck.

 

The younger girl ended up walking them to the side of the Han River. She breathed in the fresh smell and spray of cool crystalline rushing water and felt invigorated despite her long tiring day. On her back, Jessica must have sensed their slowed pace and began to stir.

 

“Mmm…where are we baby?”

 

“Han River.”

 

“Mmm…that’s nice…”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“Jessi?”

 

“Hmm…?”

 

“Why did you want to come out so badly tonight?”

 

“I dunno…”

 

“Jess…”

 

“I really don’t…I think it had something to do with what I was dreaming about just before you got home…”

 

“Do you remember it?”

 

“Not really…”

 

“M’k then.”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“You’re not gonna ask me anymore?”

 

“Well you don’t remember much. There’s not much of a point in asking again is there?”

 

“But are you mad?”

 

“No. Course not. I’m just worried. You should be getting more sleep Jess.”

 

“I’m fine…don’t worry…”

 

“You look like you’re about to pass out. And besides, it’s my job to worry about you.”

 

“Well don’t…just enjoy this…it’s nice isn’t it?”

 

“Yea…”

 

“Baby?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Dance with me…”

 

Tiffany laughed because she knew that wasn’t really what Jessica wanted. Jessica wanted her to dance for her, not with her.

 

So with a low chuckle, Tiffany began to sway to a languid rhythm that she hummed under her breath, just loud eno

Please log in to read the full chapter