*Episode 12

High school Life [EDITING]

*Zelo POV*

 

After the movie, we all headed back to Himchans house and decided to order something for dinner.

“Everyone all good with pizza?” Yongguk asked.

“Yes!” We all cheered.

“Okay, tell me what you want, I’ll go order.” He said.

Daehyun, Hana and Yongguk wanted ham and pineapple, Himchan and Youngjae wanted supreme, and Jongup, Sherry and I wanted meatlovers. Yongguk went to call the pizza place and make the order, and around 20 minutes later, the pizza arrived.

We all cleared space on the table and started digging into the pizza. Unintentionally, Sherry and I reached for the same piece.

“Hey, that’s my piece.” Sherry grumbled.

“No, I reached for it first.” I argued.

“No. I did.” She retaliated.

“Guys!” Yongguk yelled, getting our attention. He slowly stood up, before coming over and taking the piece we were arguing over. He walked back to his seat and took a big bite of it. “Now neither of you have it.”

Sherry and I both sighed before picking up another piece each, this time on different sides of the pizza.

“They’re so cute.” Hana giggled, not even trying to be quiet about it, as she spoke to Jongup, and he nodded. Sherry just rolled her eyes at her best friend and I frowned.  Why do I feel so embarrassed by what Hana said? I mean, it’s not like I like her or anything. Do I?

“You okay dude?” Himchan asked me.

“Yeah. Yeah hyung, I’m fine.” I quickly told him.

“Hey Sherry,” Hana said to get her attention. “Do you want me to pick you up for school tomorrow?”

“I’d honestly prefer to walk.” Sherry said. Straight away, Hana put the ‘puppy-dog’ eyes to work.

“Oh fine.” Sherry giggled, making all the guys, including myself, look at her. When she noticed that we’d gone silent, she turned to us. “What?”

“This is the first time I think any of us, besides Hana, have seen you smile.” Youngjae said, and the rest of us nodded. Sherry shrugged and went back to eating, but I could see the slight blush on her cheeks.

After we finished eating, Himchan suggested that we go to the carnival. It was only 7:30pm, so we all agreed, got back in my car and headed off.

“I want to play High Striker.” Yongguk said as we entered the carnival.

“Oh! Me too, me too!” Himchan agreed.

“What do you want to play babe?” Daehyun asked Hana.

“I love playing the ring toss.” She said.

“Let’s go then!” He said excitedly and dragged Hana off.

Jongup and Youngjae decided to go play Spin Soaker, and before long, Sherry and I were left alone.

 

*Sherry POV*

Realising that Zelo and I had been left alone, I decided I would rather go find something to do by myself. I had taken maybe two steps when Zelo called out to me.

“Sherry.” He said.

“What?” I said, crossing my arms with a sigh.

“Can I come with you?” He asked.

“Can’t you go by yourself?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

“Oh, okay sure.” He said, sounding kind of embarrassed to have said anything in the first place.

I turned around and started heading towards the cotton candy stand when two guys approached me. I took a step back from them but they kept coming closer saying things like ‘hey pretty lady’ and ‘a pretty girl like you shouldn’t be left alone’. I turned around ready to run, when one of the guys grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

I was about to scream when I heard someone speak from behind them.

“Leave her alone.” Zelo said.

“Don’t disturb us, little boy.” One man said with a smirk. I looked at Zelo and saw his eyes darken as he curled his hands into fists.

“I said, leave her alone.” Zelo said with a cold tone to his voice. The man scoffed and I watched as Zelo’s fist connected with the man’s jaw, making him fall to the ground and let go of my wrist.

“We don’t want to.” The second man said. “And who are you to tell us what to do?”

“I’m her boyfriend.” Zelo said before punching the man. Zelo quickly grabbed my wrist and dragged me off. We walked for a few minutes when I pulled him to a stop. Zelo looked back at me, confused.

“Thank-you.” I said, sincerely.

“What?” Zelo said, his eyes widening.

“I said thank-you.” I repeated. “Thank-you for saving me.”

“You’re welcome.” Zelo said quietly. “If you don’t mind, I’m going to tag along now.”

“Why?” I said.

“Well, partially because of what just happened, and also because I have no idea what to do and it’s boring being alone.” He said with a shrug.

“Fine.” I said, understanding his reasons.

“So,” He started. “What are we going to do?”

“I don’t know.” I replied, trying to think of something.

“Well, we could go on the Ferris Wheel.” Zelo suggested.

“Okay.” I agreed and we headed off to the Ferris Wheel.

 

*Zelo POV*

We finally got on the Ferris Wheel, and surprisingly, it didn’t take us that long to get to the top.

“Oh wow.” Sherry exclaimed as she looked at the view.

“The city’s so pretty at night time.” I said in a low voice and Sherry hummed in agreement.

While Sherry was busy gushing over the view, I pulled out my camera and took a picture of Sherry gazing out over the city. I just couldn’t help myself, she looked so pretty.

After we got off the Ferris Wheel, we met up with everyone else and decided to head home. I didn’t feel like driving, so I let Yongguk drive as we dropped everyone else home.

I sat in the back, next to Sherry, and at some point during the drive; she fell asleep with her head gently landing on my shoulder. My heart rate picked up, and I frowned for a moment, wondering why, but it wasn’t long before I understood. My eyes widened as I finally realised that I was 100% sure I’d fallen for her.


Edited: 6th of September, 2015