Chapter 3 - Doze

Twisted

2013.08.13

 

I was sleeping so peacefully, when I was awakened with a start by my ringing phone.

Still half dazed, I felt the sheet around me in search of my unexpected alarm and answered the call as soon as I found it, not even bothering to check whoever disrupted my sleep.

“Hello?” I said almost dozing off again.

“Yah! Were you sleeping?” A cheerful voice asked from the other side of the phone.

“Yeah.” I answered. I should have imagined that the one getting me grumpy from waking me up was Luhan. “What do you want?”

“Calm down, will you? However… Joonmyeon is moving so Chen asked if we wanted to hang out this evening, will you come?”

“He’s moving?” I asked a bit more awake.

“Yep… Chen couldn’t tell me why but he asked if we could hang out… So will you come or not?”

“Mmh… I’ll come.” I said lying back down on the bed. “You called me just to say that?”

“Nope. I found a new boyfriend.” Luhan said cheerfully.

“Oh, good luck. We both know he’s not going to last.” I said still grumpy.

“Yah! That’s not right.” Luhan answered bewildered. “He is different…”

“Just like all your exs were.” I answered. “Whatever...”

“Kyungsoo, you… you meany!” Luhan said pitifully to try and make me regret my words.

“But you still love me more than your boyfriends ‘cause I last more than them.” I said, laughing, to .

“Whatever! Don’t come tonight!” He said with an outraged tone.

“What time do we meet?” I asked.

“8:30?” He said back to his usual tone.

“Fine… I still have two hours to sleep.” I said after looking at the clock.

“Just try not to be late. Bye.”

“See you later.”

Most of people, if they don't know us and would have listened to this conversation, would think we were serious, but that's just how we play around. I'm always been ironic and at times sarcastic and he is one the few people who can stand it completely. Actually that’s how we got to know each other, me using my sarcasm and he not caring about just playing along with me; it’s always been funny being around him even though we are different. But I can’t understand why he goes out with so many boys without even getting to know them better before embarking on a relationship with them.

As I continued thinking about a fact or another my eyes closed and my thoughts became unfocused and I got back to sleep.

As I woke up about an hour later, I couldn't recall any of the dreams I had, but I was sure I dreamed about something since I had a bad sensation, just like the bitter aftertaste left by the coffee.

Although my energies weren't completely restored, I was feeling way much better than before. I didn't even know why I felt that tired. I just decided to drink some water and get ready in order to get completely awake and get the dream aftertaste off of me.

"Oh, good morning sleeping beauty! How can you sleep so much is a mystery!"

"Hyung, stop it!" I said to him when he started to mess up with my hair as he usually does.

"Sorry it's a habit..." He said shrugging going back to the counter where he was preparing himself a sandwich.

"That I know, even so I'm trying to let you get rid of it" I said trying to put my hair in a decent state at least.

I opened the fridge to get some water. “Ah right! Mom was looking for you… I think it’s about your family…” Myungsoo said looking at his sandwich as if it was the most interesting thing in the world trying probably not to let his embarrassment seen.

The fact is Myungsoo and I are not biological brothers – and everybody can notice it instantly – even so we were brought up as ones since when my mother and Myungsoo’s father married, he was four and I was three. My father died in an accident before I was even born and Myungsoo’s parents divorced, his mother leaving his father and then disappearing after the divorce was peacefully settled; at least that’s what I know.

“Okay,” I said putting the glass with the water on the table and sitting down, “where is she?”

“She said it wasn’t that urgent and went out…” Myungsoo said seemingly more relaxed as his less tense shoulders hinted.

“Did she say when she’ll come back?” I said looking at his back through the glass and the water it contained.

“Nope.” Myungsoo said turning around and a plate with half sandwich in front of me and an identical one in front of himself before sitting down on the other side of the table.

I straightened my back and looked at him who just smiled.

“Well if it was urgent she would have woken me up before going out.” I said finally gulping down some of the water.

I glanced at the clock on the wall suddenly remembering I had plans for later. It was only a quarter past seven: I still had lots of time.

“You have something to do right?” Myungsoo asked me noticing how I watched the clock.

“Yep… Later I’ll be going out.” I said munching on the sandwich.

“Okay… I’ll tell mom if she’s not home yet when you go out…” He got up and put his plate on the sink. “If you need me I’ll be upstairs doing some homework”

“Okay” I stayed back in the kitchen. After I was done eating, I put everything in the sink and washed it up. Then I got upstairs to get ready.

I watched the clock once again and I still had plenty of time, so I decided to get there by bike.

I checked if I took everything and then went towards Myungso0’s door and knocked.

“Yeah.” He answered and I cracked the door open letting my head in. He sat on the floor, showing me his back, at an almost invisible table and next to him was his computer. What always made me admire Myungsoo was his order: even though that table was covered with more material than it should, everything was in perfect order.

“I’m going.” I said.

“Okay.” He simply answered still looking through his books.

I was about to close the door when I remembered that wasn’t everything. “Right, about mom…” I started and this time he put the book down and turned around enough to show me his face. “When she comes back, tell her that if she can’t wait till tomorrow she can call me.”

“Okay.” He said before turning back.

I closed the door behind me and went out.

Hi there! You all good?

It's been a while...

I SO SO SO SORRY *bows*

It's just that (if you haven't read my blog, which you probably have not) after I came back from my little trip, I was too busy studying and then when I could write I was in a total slump but finally today I managed to end this chapter and I'm starting the next one yay! Now that I finally have some ideas I should write them down right!?

This means that PROBABLY I'll be able to upload about a chapter a week... hopefully this long...

Sorry if there are some errors, I tryed to look out for all of them but probably I still missed a few...

So until next time take care and stick with me... just joking on the second half ;P

                              Who_Am_I

 

PS

1) for those who still find it hard (probably because of my random way of writing things) to understand, this time everything is from DO P.O.V. and we are still about the same time as last chapter :)

2) How is Myungsoo? HarunaSky any opinion? :D thank you one again for the idea :)