The Hidden Cafe

Seoul High's Jjang [Psh Whatever]

 

KIM JAEJOONG

 

I slammed the door of the car and remained seated at the driver’s seat. Chemistry didn’t go as to what I had expected.

She was there and again she never failed to intimidate me.

“Right, cause you’re a genius.” She huffed. I looked at her once more. Her cheeks bubbled out and her pink lips on a pout. I wanted to pull her, pinch her cheeks and her cute little nose. Did I just say CUTE? No, that was a.... mistake?

 

“I know” I shrugged confidently. Why do I feel like playing around with her when just a moment ago I was sure we hated each other?

She chuckled. Like really chuckled. I was stunned and froze immediately on the spot. Something stirred inside of me but I brushed it off, I smiled a little. Wanting that moment to last, wanting her to smile back at me. But then it hit me, and my smile turned into a scowl.

Please tell me this isn’t happening.

 

 “” I muttered under my breath and started the car engine. Whatever, I just needed a time-out without seeing her face and hearing anyone say her name.

I’m just curious. That’s it! I’m just curious why everything about her is a mystery. There is no way I... no, no, get it out of your head.

 

I drove out of the school, not knowing where I should go. I was about to pass the bus stop when I saw her. She was there, stepping inside a bus.

 

I didn’t know what occurred to me but the next thing I know, I was following the stupid bus.

 

Oh crap.

 

JUNG JESSICA

I decided to take the bus as I know, Yunho’s busy mending Ria’s wounds and bruises. I didn’t follow Yuri either, I figured she needed time alone to think and figure things out.

Tiffany, on the other hand, went on with the student council meeting. She was the president after all.

 

Too many things happened on a single day, I feel tired and helpless, not the kind of thing I feel when I was still the Jjang of this school. I sighed, and stepped in the bus.

 

I stepped out of the bus when we arrived at the third stop. I should’ve stepped out on the second one but I was too tired to do so.

Anyways, I walked down the street. It’s only five pm, the streets were filled with students and people all around.

I turned to a corner and entered a coffee shop. There wasn’t anyone there but the bartender and the cashier. Just like how it used to...empty.

 

The bartender looked up. His red hair was in spikes. He has a lip ring and three rings on each ear... and still he looked too innocent and cute.

He grinned cheekily.

“Noona!” He called out. “Wahhh, it’s been a long time!”

“Tae” I opened my arms out and he immediately jumped out the counter and ran to me, hugging me in an instant.

“Noona, we really, really, REALLY, missed you.” He said squeezing me tightly. I laughed pushing him off lightly.

“Psh, whatever, unni you’re mean, you didn’t visit us for months.” The cashier said in a pout. Her black wavy hair in high pigtails, a lollipop on her hands, unwrapped.

 

I chuckled once more. “So how is it going here? I see you still got no costumers at all.”

Taemin cringed and Sulli’s eyes dropped before fire took over her pupils. She pointed a finger on Taemin. “It’s cause he always drive them out!” She said accusingly.

“What? When did I? It’s cause you were so rude with them!” He retorted like a five year old.

“Okay guys, you better stop now.” I interjected. Both threw deathly glances on each other.

“You were the one who didn’t made a drink for a costumer just cause you were sleepy!” Sulli yelled.

“Well you were the one who didn’t want to take an order because the guy looked scary!” Taemin yelled back.

One second...

Two seconds...

They glared at each other and synchronously ‘hmmphhh’ turning their faces onto the side with arms crossed.

Children, I thought.

If you’ll ask me, The coffee shop is nice enough, comfy and cosy even. There were lots of chocolates and cupcakes crossed with designer boutique at the cutting edge of Russian fashion. Its general design vibe is colourful Parisian cafe with Victorian indoors, new vintage furnishings and lots of handbags.

 

The only downside of this cafe is the location. You see it may have been located downtown but you need to enter a skinny dark street first before actually arriving here.

 

Without a word, I snuck in on one of the hidden booths up stairs. I bet it’ll take a couple of long minutes for the two fighting idiots to realize I had already gone up.

 

Onew the owner of this cafe is out, I guess. Dang luck, just when I miss him.

I sighed and slouched in the couch. I took my notebook and Chemistry book out.

After a couple of minutes, I knew this is helpless. I buried my face on the book and groaned in frustration. Who actually needs to know how to balance an equation?

I sighed and sat right up again. Whatever, Let’s do this, I encouraged myself. I was about to lose myself again to chemistry when my eyes suddenly widened.

 

“How’d---What ‘re----YOU!” I pointed at the creature sitting in front of me. He had his hand cupping his face and looking at me boredly.

“How’d---What’re---YOU!” He mimicked. I rolled my eyes and regained composure.

“Wow I guess you really at Chem huh?” He asked, I felt my cheeks warmed a bit but I coughed to let it go away. I mean, he can’t really see me blush right?

 

He smirked.

“What are you doing here, Jaejoong?” I asked.

He just shrugged.

I waited but he didn’t speak.

“Yah, Kim Jaejoong, what are you----“

“That’s suppose to be 2 not 3 beside oxygen.” He said. I looked at my work then back to him.

“You know chem?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, we used to be friends but then he moved next town...” He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

I scoffed.

We stayed silent for a while.

I was about to ask him but he beat me to it

“Want me to teach you?”

 

How hard is it to swallow your pride?

 

I accidentally erased my draft for the next two chapters and I have to rewrite again.

ANYWAY: this makes two uploads in a day! :)) 

I figured I needed to slow it down with the past thing...then open it up right back again. =)).

Comments are LOVED, read and loved. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, puhlease

Thank you for waiting,  FolderName this is for you

P.S. thank you Khunnie_Boo11 and cysransica for subscribing :)>