2 Years away ...

L o v e H u r t s . . .

I stared ahead of me and played with some sand grains. I left them between my two fingers. Clamned I looked at it.
It was quite late and the sun began to set.
What time was it ? What time was it when you threw 2 years away in a few seconds? Nothing... I peered into the sea and my mind wandered off.
It wandered down to the day I had met Youngbae for the first time..

 


"Is this place free?" a voice got me out of my concentration. I looked up and stared into two brown little eyes. Those eyes that let me gasping for breath.


"Hello, I asked you something?" Growled the voice now.


I recovered quickly and I grumbled to my turn, 'Yeah, can't you see it? "
I pulled my bag from the seat beside me and went back to my reports.
He took his bag and sat next to me.
I took every move he made, accurately from the corner of my eye. He was a broad, young man. A little tinted, dark mohawk and brown eyes gave him an hot look.


From his bag he picked up his laptop, and a few other folders followed.
He did this with so much noise like he didn't seem necessary to find it in a public library to slow down.
To make matters worse, he put his iPod, and I felt like it was alittle too loud.

I tapped him nervously. I did not know where I got that nerve, and why I did that; I wanted to feel his muscular arms with a little touch or I was just afraid he would not hear me?


He pulled his ears off and looked at me quizzically.
"Um .. Would you maybe
put your song softer. Indeed, I got quite a burden. "
I expected an arrogant look and was prepared for the worst.
Instead, his gruff express made place for a warmer expression. He smiled and replied, "Of course, I was again a little selfish."

Was that the moment I fell for him?

How  then I also tried my best to work on my reports, nothing came out of it. I was constantly observing him unnoticed from the corner of my eye. Or so I thought. Suddenly he cleared his throat. "Is the something, sweety?" He laughed.
I didn't really know what he meant and looked at him silly.
"You're staring at me from the corner of your eye" he laughed.


My cheeks couldnt get any redder and I didnt know where I should look.
I just looked at the floor!
"I, uh .. Uh .." I stammered. I had no idea what to say.

"It's okay though. I was exactly doing the same. Honest enough to admit it, he. "He said.
I didnt expect this and I laughed.

He also couldnt hold himself and we laugh together in stitches.

"Sttttttttt, this is a library and not a space for you two giggling like teenagers in love!" Growled a loud voice from the hall.

We both looked up and saw an old man waving exciting with his hands in the air. We abruptly stopped. After the laughter was over, he suddenly raised his hand. "Youngbae." He smiled warm.
I grabbed his hand and eagerly responded to my turn, "Jiyong, nice to me you." His face lighted up and he smiled like an angel. "Dragon .. right? Wow. I've never heared a name that fits so well with someone. Your parents chosed it well. "
I blushed, freed my hand from his hand and announced that I had to go.


"Shall I bring you? I am with the car "he offered.
"No, thanks. I'd rather walk". Knowing that it wasnt what he wanted to hear. I saw Youngbae smile.
We said goodbye. We exchanged no numbers, no email addresses .. Nothing.
Everything after that, they call it then 'the fate'.
As I walked outside, I turned around. I saw that Youngbae was watching me. He felt caught and quickly bent over his work. I chuckled inwardly and began to walk to home

 

A cold wind was startled me out of my mind. I looked around and glanced at my watch. The beach was dark and there was no one in sight. Startled, I picked up my stuff and ran across the beach.  My parents were for sure worried as hell.