Hate FATE

My Twisted Fairy Tale: It's MAGIC

 

Yoona’s POV

New school. New adventure.

I stepped out of the car and stood in front of my new school’s front gate.

“Good luck on your first day, milady! Make friends, okay?” Mrs. Kim said as she hand me my school bag.

“Thank you Mrs. Kim. Please tell Minyoo that we’ll continue our piano lessons when I get home.” I smiled at the old lady. She nodded and went back inside the car.

I took out my school map and the student’s handbook. It felt uneasy. I’m vulnerable in this school as of now because I don’t know which way to turn. This is one big institution. I sighed. I should have agreed to Dad’s suggestion about home schooling.

I looked at my class schedule.

 

Mathematics-BuildingNumber 3, Room 713.

 

As I was taking the stairs to the 2nd floor, someone bumped into me.

“Woah! Sorry!” a guy’s voice said.

I glared at him.

Right. The very first ‘exciting’ thing that happened to me this day: get bumped by someone when you have to hurry to your class. Talk about luck.

“Don’t you have eyes?” I asked him.

He looked at me in disbelief. “Woah. In case you don’t notice, I have a pair. And I already said I was sorry. You don’t have to be grumpy, miss.”

“AISH!!!! Why would I talk to you?! GET LOST!” I almost shrieked, shooing him away.

“Okay. I don’t have to be told. Who would want to be with you? And in case your ears weren’t functioning well, the school bell rang 5 minutes ago. So, goodbye GRUMPY MISSY.” He said and turned his back on me. He ran up the stairs without too much effort. Thanks to his long legs.

I cursed under my breath and walked as fast as I could to my classroom.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Mr. Cho! You are late again.” Miss Hwang, our Math teacher, said as I enter the classroom.

“Sorry ma’am.” I bowed and walked to my desk.

Aish. If it wasn’t for that girl, I could have made it on time.

Well, I say she’s pretty. No, she’s beautiful. Very. She looked like a goddess, except that she’s grumpy. And her face doesn’t seem familiar. Is she a new student?

I took my Mathematics book from my bag and turned to the page Miss Hwang asked us to answer.

“Excuse me class. May I have your attention? I have someone here. She’s a transfer student and she’ll be in this class for the rest of the school year so please lend her your ears as she introduce herself.” Our teacher motioned someone from the outside to enter he classroom.

A girl entered the room. A very pretty girl. She has long black wavy hair neatly combed, a very good complexion and a nice posture. For some time I thought she was a celebrity.

I looked at her face very well. SHE’S THE GIRL I BUMPED INTO AT THE STAIRS!

“Good morning everyone. My name is Im Yoona. Pleased to meet you all. I hope we could be friends.” She smiled and made a full 90-degree bow. When she raised her head, our eyes met. She raised a brow at me. Wow, a very ‘friendly’ greeting.

“Class, welcome Miss Im to our school okay? Miss Im, take that empty seat beside Mr. Cho.” Miss Hwang smiled and pointed at the seat beside me. Everyone’s eyes followed Yoona as she walk to her seat. Donghae, the guy behind me, kicked my chair. I looked at him and he gave me a double thumbs up.

I tried to concentrate on answering the problems on my book. But my heart was thumping wildly inside my chest. What’s happening to me?

I looked at Yoona who was now starting on her Math problems. She looked cute while she’s concentrating.

WAIT! Why am I like this? This girl… DO I LIKE HER?!

I smiled to myself. I’ve never felt this feeling before. Even though I’ve dated a lot of girls. I must be going crazy.

 

Yoona’s POV

Good luck was never on my side.

Why do I have to be on the same class as this guy?

I started answering the questions on my Math book. Then I felt as if someone was staring at me.

I looked at the guy beside me.

So, his name’s Mr. Cho? What’s his first name? I wonder. But this guy, WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM?! WHY IS HE STARING AT ME?!

I raised brow at him. I know having an enemy instead of a friend on your first day in your new school isn’t good but this guy is getting on my nerves.

Our eyes met. And he smiled. AT ME. Is he mocking me? I don’t know if he just wants to piss me off but he looked so handsome when he smiled.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to my book.

“Excuse me ma’am.” Mr. Cho raised his hand to get the teacher’s attention.

“Yes, Mr. Cho?” our teacher stopped writing the equation on the board and turned to him.

“I think the final answer for problem number 9 is 0. any number divided by infinity is equals to zero, right?” he asked politely.

Miss Hwang looked at the equations she had written on the board. “I stand corrected. Thank you Mr. Cho.” She smiled and erased the previous answer to replace it with a new one.

Mr. Cho smiled to himself and continued answering on his book.

The girls in front of me looked at him admiringly and giggled.

“He’s really smart!” the girl with short, black hair sighed.

“Yeah. Not to mention he’s rich, talented and of course, very good looking.” The girl beside her remarked.

So, this Cho guy is quite popular. I wonder in what way is he talented.

--

After Mathematics was Activity Period. According to my Student Handbook, this is supposed to be the time where club meetings and activities are conducted. Everyone stood up and went to their respective club meeting places as soon as the bell rang. Well, EVERYONE EXCEPT ME.

I took my Physics book and opened it for advance reading. Just then, a girl stood in front of my desk. I looked up at her. She smiled at me.

She’s pretty. She looks like an angel. She has these dimples that made her look very charming.

“Hello Yoona! I am Yuri, president of the student body here. I am in-charge of the students’ clubs and organizations. As you know, you are required to join at least one club. I was wondering if in what club would you want to sign in. What are the things you do best?”

After Yuri’s ‘speech’, a group of girls came crowding around me.

“Hello Yoona! I’m Jessica from the Drama Club. Would you like to join us?”

“Yoona, I’m Hyoyeon. You should join the Dance Club! I’m sure you’d like it there!”

“NO! Join the Sports Club! It’s fun there! Oh, by the way, I’m Luna.”

“YAH! KEEP QUIET! If you girls don’t shut your mouth, I’ll send you all to detention!” Yuri threatened the girls. The crowd became quiet at once. Then, she turned back at me.

I closed my book and sat up straight.

“Well, I not that good at drama. I know martial arts but I don’t think my Dad would want me to exercise that skill here at school. And, I don’t think I should dance.” I looked at the girls who sighed disappointingly. “So, I’ll be joining the Music Club. I play the piano well.”

Yuri smiled at me. “So, the Music Club.” She scribbled something on her notes then she gave me a piece of paper.

“Here’s the room of Music Club’s meeting. Go to Room 1 Building 1.It’s the biggest room in the Music Hall. Their meeting mill start in…” she glanced at her watch, “15 minutes. Don’t be late. Give the note to Miss Lau. She’s the coordinator of the Music Club. Good luck!” she patted me on the shoulders then skipped out of the classroom.

The girls walked over to their desks to retrieve their belongings before going out of the room.

I stared at the note Yuri gave me.

 

Im Yoona- Class 3A

Transferee- Music Club.

I hope I made the right decision.

--

I arrived at the meeting room 5 minutes before the meeting officially started. Miss Lau, the club coordinator, made me introduce myself to the rest of the members. The Music Club only have a few members. I counted 45, including me.

“So, I would like to announce that in two weeks, there will be an Inter-School Competition. All the students from the different clubs are expected to excel on their own fields. As you know, the Music Club has been the number 1 club in terms of winnings in the said competition. We never lost. So, the auditions--” Miss Lau was interrupted by a voice of a guy who just entered the meeting room.

“Hello, Miss Lau! Sorry I’m late.”

That voice… It’s familiar.

Miss Lau rolled her eyes then spoke, “ As always Kyuhyun. Take your seat.”

I looked around and as I expected it, that guy was him.

This Kyuhyun sat at the empty chair beside me. Good luck, why won’t you at least go to my side just for once?!

“As I was saying, the auditions will be held nest week. This year’s competition is about ‘Harmony’ so the organizers decided to have it as a duet. I’ll be assigning your partner and both should cooperate with each other.” Miss Lau continued.

Cool. I like competitions.

Miss Lau announced the pairs. I hope I get paired with a hardworking person.

“Sunny will be with Sungmin. And lastly, Yoona will be with Kyuhyun.”

I looked at Miss Lau in disbelief. WHAT THE?! HOW COULD SHE PAIR ME WITH THIS GUY?!

I looked at Kyuhyun. He doesn’t even mind whoever he’s paired with. Lucky lad.

“So, that’s it for today. Thank you very much for attending. The practice room will be available anytime everyday for you. So prepare, okay?” Miss Lau adjourned the meeting and left the room.

Everyone said thank you and went out of the room.

“Looks like we’re stuck with each other for a couple of days, Missy.” Kyuhyun whispered in my ears as we walk out of the room.