The New Girl

My Twisted Fairy Tale: It's MAGIC

Kyuhyun remembered what had happened yesterday: Yoona’s soft hands in his, and she stayed at his room for their practice. And to think that Yoona still has his shirt that she wore the other day when her uniform got wet, still sends tingles in Kyuhyun’s spine.

 

He was still in cloud nine that he didn’t realize that his teacher had been calling him. Yoona kicked his foot, causing him to look at the girl. Yoona pointed her lips to the direction of their teacher. Kyuhyun stood up and scratched his nape.

 

“Mr. Cho, I was asking you for the answer in problem number 5 in your book. Pay attention please.” The teacher said.

 

Yoona smiled to herself and looked at the guy who was standing beside her. He looks like a complete idiot yet still handsome.

 

Just yesterday, she was in this guy’s house. She even wore his shirt. She looked down on her notes to hide her face from the guy. She can’t understand herself. She loathed the guy but just one day in his room and she feels butterflies in her stomach whenever she sees him smile.

 

‘I’m going crazy. I am crazy. Get a grip Im Yoona!’

 

She returned to her cold composure, to her poker face. The face that hides everything she feels and she is inside.

 

Kyuhyun looked sideways at Yoona who was looking down on her own notes, then back to his own book. He tried to solve the problem mentally, and prayed hard that he gets the right answer or else, he’s dead.

 

“6π/5 ma’am.” He said, though he was quite unsure of his answer.

 

The teacher looked at him, then a smile crept on her face. “You’re really this school’s math wiz, Mr. Cho.”

 

Kyuhyun, pleased with himself, sat down and looked at Yoona, who didn’t even bothered looking at him. He pouted and looked back at his book.

 

Yoona was aware of the brief glances Kyuhyun is throwing her, but she chose not to look at him in return. What would he do when their eyes meet? She can’t smile. She forgot how to smile to people she know. As far as she could remember, she hasn’t smiled to anyone full-heartedly since she was five.

 

~~

 

“Class, your attention please. I would like to introduce your new classmate. She’s Miss Seo Joo Hyun.”

 

Kyuhyun sat straight and looked at the girl who entered the classroom.

 

Seo Joo Hyun.

 

The name, the face, is familiar.

 

And then it struck him.

 

She’s Seohyun. The girl he’s supposed to date.

 

Seohyun looked around the classroom, looking for a familiar face. A face that has been the reason why she transferred to this school.

 

She’s looking for Cho Kyuhyun.

 

And she found him, and their eyes met. A smile crept on Seohyun’s face.

 

Her plan is going smoothly as she wanted it to be. Kyuhyun will soon be in her hands.

 

Kyuhyun smiled back at Seohyun. He didn’t expect the girl to be in the same class as his. The world is indeed very small.

 

Yoona looked at the girl named Seo Joo Hyun.

 

She’s smiling at her direction.

 

No. She’s smiling at the guy beside her.

 

She’s smiling at Kyuhyun.

 

She looked sideways at Kyuhyun. The idiot is smiling back at the girl.

 

‘Do they know each other?’

 

Yoona suddenly became curious, at the same time irritated.

 

“Hello everyone. My name’s Seo Joo Hyun. But please call me Seohyun.” The girl smiled at the class and bowed.

 

“Where would you want to sit dear?” the teacher asked Seohyun.

 

“Beside the guy there.” She pointed at Kyuhyun.

 

“But there isn’t any vacant seat beside him dear. You can seat here in front.” The teacher said gently.

 

“I want to sit beside him. I’m sure the girl beside him would not mind trading seats with me.” she smiled at Yoona, who raised her brow at the girl.

 

“I don’t want to trade seats. Sorry. I’m very comfortable here at my chair. Just take whatever seat is vacant.” She said, smiling fakely.

 

Seohyun was taken aback by the girl’s reply. She found the girl irritating.

 

“Fine then. I’ll sit here.” She said, taking the seat in front of the teacher’s table.

 

Yoona was pleased with herself. She’s sure she made the girl irritated.

 

~~

It was lunch break when Kyuhyun walked again to her side while on her way to the cafeteria.

 

“Shall we have a practice again this afternoon?” he asked the girl who wasn’t even looking at him when she replied: “I don’t think so. We have an exam tomorrow in Chemistry right? We should review first. We could practice on the next day.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded. Yoona’s right. The Music Club is supposed to be an extra curricular activity only. Academics should come first.

 

Just then, Seohyun came out of nowhere. She inserted herself between him and Yoona, causing the latter to nearly fall off the stairs.

 

“Hi Kyuhyun! You still remember me right?” Seohyun asked, clinging into his arms.

 

“Neh. I still remember you of course.” He smiled, though he was looking at Yoona who was dusting off her uniform.

 

“Good. You know, I looked for you in this school. Good thing I landed on the same class as you.” Seohyun pouted her lips, but found out that Kyuhyun’s attention wasn’t on her but on the girl she pushed to be on Kyuhyun’s side.

 

Kyuhyun pulled away from her and moved to the girl’s direction.

 

“Yoona-ssi, are you okay? Were you hurt?” he asked.

 

Seohyun’s eyes narrowed. She eyed the girl who was still dusting off her uniform. She’s the girl who denied her a seat beside his Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m fine. But I think I sprained my ankle.” Yoona replied as she looked at her ankle and bit her lower lip.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Yoona’s leg then down to her ankle. He was quite distracted by how beautiful her legs are, but after mentally slapping himself, he went back to his senses. He massaged the part where Yoona pointed. The girl winced and nearly yelped in pain. Kyuhyun looked at her worriedly. Her face was red and there are tears that await to fall from her beautiful eyes.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t see you.” Seohyun said, and both Yoona and Kyuhyun looked at her direction.

 

She’s smiling innocently. This made Yoona want to slap her for intentionally pushing her a while ago.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Yoona, then to Seohyun. “Seohyun-ah. you should be careful. You could just have called me instead of pushing Yoona.” Kyuhyun said, and he turned back to Yoona. “I’ll take you to the school clinic. You can walk right?” she asked the girl.

 

On the other hand, seeing that the girl Seohyun is pissed as to how she gets Kyuhyun’s attention easily. Yoona thought of an evil plan to make the girl go crazy a little bit more.

 

“I don’t think I can. My ankle hurts..” She pouted.

 

Kyuhyun found Yoona cute that way so he made a sudden decision. He piggybacked the girl and again, turned back to Seohyun and smiled. “Seohyun-ah, I’ll take Yoona to the clinic. Just take your lunch at the cafeteria. If you don’t know where it is, just feel free to ask the other students. See you after lunch. Bye!” and he walked away carrying Yoona on his back. Leaving Seohyun breathing heavily because of outrage.

 

Kyuhyun ignored her for that ugly girl. She looked for Kyuhyun all over Korea. She searched almost every high school in the country just to find him. And when she already did, here comes a girl who wants to steal her Kyuhyun away from her.

 

But she will never let it happen. NEVER.

 

Yoona smirked as Kyuhyun carried her to the school clinic. Seeing that Seohyun girl’s pissed face is so priceless to her. She did a very good job and she mentally congratulated herself for that.

The school nurse attended to her “injury” immediately. Actually, it really did hurt and she was thankful that Kyuhyun carried her all the way to the clinic. She just wanted to see how Seohyun would react in whatever Kyuhyun would do. And she made a right choice.

 

“Does it still hurt?” Kyuhyun asked her as they walk to the cafeteria. He held her arm as she walk, carefully assisting her in case her ankle betrays her.

 

“No. I’m fine. Don’t worry.” She said.

 

“Good. Let’s go get some lunch.” Kyuhyun led her inside, where they immediately saw Seohyun glaring at their direction.

 

Yoona smiled to herself as she walked to the counter with Kyuhyun to grab their lunch.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, I’m going to sit with my friends. How about you?” she asked the guy beside her who pouted cutely.

 

“Ah. I’ll sit with mine.” He smiled. Though inside, Kyuhyun would love to sit with her during lunch. But being a popular guy that he is, any girl he would sit in a lunch table with would surely be on the hot spot in the eyes of his admirers.

 

“Yah! Mr. Cho! Why were you late?” Leeteuk asked him.

 

“I heard you brought Yoona-ssi to the clinic? What happened to her?” Eunhyuk asked before biting on his hamburger.

 

“She got hurt when Seohyun pushed her while we were walking.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

“Seohyun? The new girl?” Yesung smiled.

 

Kyuhyun nodded and sipped on his juice.

 

“Wow. Mr. Popular really IS POPULAR.” Heechul smirked.

 

Kyuhyun looked at him. Actually, he wasn’t looking but glaring. He never wanted to be called Mr. Popular, especially by his close friends.

 

“Sorry.” Heechul murmured.

 

“Do you know that Seohyun? She acts as if the two of you are really close.” Sungmin beamed.

 

“We met before. But that was only once. I didn’t expect to see her again.” Kyuhyun pouted and sighed.

 

“Speaking of.” Eunhyuk whispered to Heechul as he saw Seohyun approaching their table.

 

Kyuhyun looked around and so did the other boys, and maybe the other students who were eating at the cafeteria too. For no one dares to get close to their lunch table, especially a girl, if she still wants to be alive after school.

 

“Hello Kyuhyun!” Seohyun smiled.

 

Eunhyuk raised a brow at the girl, who wasn’t paying any attention to them but Kyuhyun. Heechul’s brows furrowed as he examine the girl from head to foot. Yesung just smiled brightly. Sungmin didn’t even bother looking at the girl, and so did Leeteuk, who was still munching on his lunch.

 

 

Kyuhyun stood up and smiled back at Seohyun. The girl looked side ways at Yoona’s direction. She wasn’t even looking at them. That means she wasn’t paying attention.

 

“Mrs. Lee said I could have a student to tour me around the campus. I recommended you. And she said I should ask you if it’s okay. What do you think?”

 

Kyuhyun looked sideways at Yoona. She wasn’t paying attention but he knows she could hear every word he would say since the cafeteria had gone quiet. It was the first time a girl walked to their table at lunch and talked to them. They are not snobbish boys but the students are just contented seeing and eyeing them from afar.

 

He wanted to say no. Not because he doesn’t like Seohyun. In fact, Seohyun is a nice and pretty girl. But to think that he admits to himself that he likes Yoona and that the girl he likes would see him walking around the campus with another girl, to him, isn’t such a good idea. So for the moment, he wished for a miracle would happen. That the earth would shake a little bit, so he could have an excuse for not answering Seohyun. He wished that an angel would come down from heaven and take him away from where he was standing. So that he would not embarrass Seohyun, so that he would not look mean in rejecting her.

 

Just then, Yoona ran to him and grabbed his hand.

 

“Miss Kwon texted me. She’s waiting for us in the practice room. We need to hurry!” she dragged him outside the cafeteria.

 

 Curious eyes follow the two as they ran out of the cafeteria. Seohyun was left standing there, embarrassed that Kyuhyun didn’t even bothered to stop that girl from dragging him to answer her simple question.

 

Eunhyuk snorted, which earned him a glare from Seohyun. The guy just raised his brow at the girl and rolled his eyes. Heechul sniggered as his eyes follow the retreating figures of Kyuhyun and Yoona. Yesung just shook his head and recommenced eating his lunch. Leeteuk smiled at Sungmin, who asked him for a high five.

 

Seohyun was furious as she walked out of the cafeteria. That girl is really trying her patience. She inhaled and exhaled sharply to calm herself. She should be this school’s Miss Nice Girl, and that Sungmin won’t stop her from having her Kyuhyun.

 

~~

Kyuhyun was still following Yoona who doesn’t seem to be tired of their long run. He then discovered that the path they are taking is not leading to the Music practice rooms.

 

“Yoona-ssi, the practice rooms are not here.” He said, panting.

 

Finally, Yoona stopped in her tracks and looked at the guy she had been dragging all the way here. She looked around the place. They are at the school garden, and no one is around. She quickly let go of Kyuhyun’s hand and wiped her forehead.

 

“I thought Miss Kwon’s looking for us. Why are we here?” Kyuhyun asked as he was still grasping for breath.

 

Yoona looked at him, quite annoyed of the guy’s denseness.

 

“Of course she’s not here. And she is not looking for us in the first place.” She rolled her eyes and sat on the grass to give her feet a little rest.

 

Kyuhyun was surprised by what the girl said. “What? But why did you take me here?”

 

“I thought you needed help a while ago. So I used my brilliant mind. You’re going to thank me, wouldn’t you?” she asked.

 

He looked at the girl in front of her, and he then realized what Yoona is trying to say. She helped him get away from answering Seohyun moments ago.

 

A smile crept on Kyuhyun’s face a sat down beside the girl.

 

“Thanks.”

 

The girl looked at her, her expression is still blank.

 

“You owe me one.” Then she looked away from him, “Let’s stay here until the classes resume, or else we would look suspicious.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded. “And when I see Seohyun I would have to think of a way to get away from answering her again.” He sighed.

 

“You’re stupid. Can’t you just tell her we have practice for the concours? How hard is that?” she asked the guy. She wanted to hit this guy’s head for not thinking.

 

“Ow. My mind went blank. Sorry.” he scratched his nape shyly.

 

Yoona looked at Kyuhyun, her brows furrowing.

 

‘Could it be that this idiot likes that girl? How did they know each other?’

 

Many questions popped inside Yoona’s mind, but she chose to purse and keep those questions inside her. After all, she thought, no secret could be kept forever. She’s certain she’d be able to unveil Kyuhyun’s relationship to that girl soon enough.

 

-o-o-o-o-o-

Super ultra mega LATE update. SORRY! *bows down 90 degrees* School took out all my life energy. I'm in a Univ, you know. And there were A LOT of responsibilities on my shoulders for this school year. But, HELL, I WON'T STOP MY FICS. SO PLEASE HANG IN THERE WITH ME. :')

 

Spread the KyuNa love MUSKETEERS!

*writes another KYUNA oneshot~

BTW. Would you like to request a songfic? Just comment the song that you like in here. I'll find time to write them :)