I Hate You

My Twisted Fairy Tale: It's MAGIC

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

Another day. Another useless day.

 

I got out of the car and straightened my uniform. The girls entering the school campus looked at me excitedly and giggled shyly.

 

“Hello Kyuhyun” they greeted me in chorus.

 

“Hi.” I smiled and bowed politely. I recognized these girls as Seniors. How come they know me when I don’t even know who they are?

 

The shortest among the girls nudged her blonde friend and looked like she’d hyperventilate. Ah, my popularity.

 

I walked to my classroom lazily. It’s still 7 o’clock. Classes won’t start until 7:30. Having a quick nap on my desk wouldn’t hurt.

 

The Juniors’ building was almost empty. The corridors were too quiet. My steps echoed as I approach our classroom. I opened the door slowly. The classroom was empty. Good. At least I could have my own privacy even for just a short while.

 

I sat on my chair and leaned on the desk. I recounted what had happened yesterday. I thought about that girl, Im Yoona. She’d be my partner for the audition. Well, I like that though. I’d have a reason to talk to her. But the fact that she simply ignores and hate me is quite bothering. I smiled to myself. That Grumpy Missy interests me afterall.

 

I was about to doze off when I heard the door open. Footsteps came nearer to my direction, then stopped. I heard a chair being moved. I shifted my head slightly to my right, to have a clearer view of the newcomer.

 

Im Yoona.

 

I sat up straight. I ran my left hand through my hair and smiled to myself.  ‘Good timing. Now, I can talk to her.’

 

Yoona took out her pink notebook and pink pen from her bag and started writing. I threw her quick glances and remained as still and as formal as possible. She looks really cute when she’s concentrating. I kind of forgot that she has a little attitude.

 

Suddenly, I wanted to talk to her badly. I just wanted to be a friend of hers. But, this girl seems very cold to others. It’s like she’s an antisocial or something. Like she’d never want to open herself to others, or probably never would want to talk to others unless she has to.

 

“Hello Im Yoona.” I casually greeted her. And, unsurprisingly, she never even glanced at me. She’s still writing on her notes. Her expression hasn’t changed at all. It’s still stoic and blank.

 

“How did you find our school? Did you make friends?” I asked. And again, no response.

 

‘Hey! I’m trying to be friendly here.’

 

“Well, as you know we are partners in the auditions for the competition. So, probably, for us to do good, we should be in speaking terms with each other.” I said in a you-should-know-that tone.

 

She looked at me with a blank expression, her eyes digging into mine. I wanted to look away, but my subconscious told me to stare back at her. I can feel she’s weighing my words. Or probably checking if I said those words to inform her or just piss her off.

 

She raised a brow at me and rolled her eyes. She turned back to her notes and continued writing. Aish, this girl’s really got an attitude.

 

“I know that very well. No need to remind me.” she said, not even looking at me.

 

I examined her carefully. So, she knew and what will she do?

 

“That’s why I hate the fact that you have to be my partner. What a cruel world.” She closed her notebook and capped her pen. She shifted her head to my direction and looked at me annoyingly.

 

“Why did Miss Lau pair me with someone like you?” she asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

 

WHAT?! Is she trying to piss me off?!

 

“Maybe because Miss Lau thinks someone like you should be paired with a pro like me.” I smirked and crossed my arms over my chest too.

 

“You? A pro? I don’t think so. You don’t look like you can play an instrument.” She smiled mockingly.

 

“Well, that’s called a poker face. One doesn’t necessarily have to look like he knows everything.” I said, well, quite arrogantly.

 

“Poker face? Funny.”

 

“What’s funny?”

 

“YOUR poker face.”

 

“Ah. So, laugh all you want then.”

 

“I won’t waste my energy laughing at you. You’re not worth it.”

 

That’s it. My very last string of patience this day is gone.

 

I stood up and glared at her.

 

“Why do you hate me that much?!”

 

She also stood up and smirked at me. “Well, your mere presence irritates me, that’s why.”

 

“Well, sorry to tell you that you’d be irritated until the end of the term. And maybe until graduation. Because my presence is felt all throughout the campus, Miss Grumpy.” I used my famous smirk at her.

 

Just when she was about to answer back, the school bell rang and our classmates piled inside the classroom. I sat back on my chair as our room began to be filled with noise.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

“…my presence is felt all throughout the campus, Miss Grumpy.”

 

Really? Does he really think he’s that popular? He’s such an air-headed person.

 

I sat down on my chair as our classmates entered the classroom. I smiled at Yuri who greeted me as she sat on the chair behind me.

 

Aish, of all the people, why does he have to be my partner. This impossible person who’s mere presence pisses me off and ruins my day. WHY IS THE WORLD TOO CRUEL TO ME?!

 

 

I went to Miss Lau’s office after our class. I wanted to talk to her about the auditions. Maybe I could persuade her to have me change my partner.

 

I entered the Music Department Faculty Room and went straight to Miss Lau’s table.

 

“Good morning ma’am.” I greeted her with my sweetest smile.

 

She looked up and smiled when she saw me.

 

“Hello Yoona! What brings you here?” she asked and motioned me to sit down.

 

“Miss Lau, I was just wondering if I could trade partners in the audition. I don’t think me pairing with Mr. Cho is such a good idea.” I said feebly. Well, there’s no point of using flowery words now. I don’t really like that guy.

 

Miss Lau looked at me with a brow raised, weighing my words.

 

“Sorry dear. I don’t think that’s quite possible. Everyone is already paired with somebody and as of now, nobody has complained about their partner. Why do you want to anyway?” she asked.

 

What will I tell her? ‘ I just don’t like him.’? No. that’s not a good excuse.

 

“Oh. Nevermind that ma’am. I’ll be going then. Thank you.” I bowed then exited the conference room.

 

Aish. Life for me is a living hell. What am I supposed to do? I can’t work with him like this. Definitely not.

 

I turned back and entered the conference room once again.

 

“Ma’am, what instrument does Mr. Cho play?”

 

Miss Lau smiled and handed me a folder.

 

“I think this will help.”

 

I just asked what instrument this Mr. Cho plays, and our adviser gave me his student profile. Do I really have to know his life story?

 

I went to the Juniors’ Building’s rooftop and found a convenient spot for ‘studying’ my partner’s profile. I opened the folder carefully, only to be surprised that this student profile isn’t really a regular one. It’s more of a fangirl’s slumbook.

 

Name: Kyuhyun Cho

Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea

Height: 180 cm

 

Kyuhyun is a member of the Music Club and has won in several Musical Concours.

 

Kyuhyun is a Mathematics Olympiad Champion in the school.

 

He is a member of the school’s Archery Team and has competed in the National Archery Competition and bagged the 2nd place.

 

Kyuhyun plays the violin very well.

 

He is the sole heir of Cho Banking and Finance.

 

WHAT IS THIS? Is this guy really that famous in school? Well, his face doesn’t show it.

 

And, he plays the violin ‘very well’. How good is ‘very well’?

 

I closed the folder slash fangirl’s slumbook and proceeded to the library. Now I’ll know what piece we should play.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

The classroom was unsurprisingly noisy when I got back from the library.

 

“Yah! Kyu! I have a new game console at home. Shall we play it after school?” Donghae said as I sat down.

 

“Sure. When did I say no to gaming?” I smiled and gave him a high five.

 

“I also asked Eunhyuk, Sungmin, Yesung and Leeteuk. The more the merrier.” he clapped my back and laughed out loud.

 

Then I noticed something on top of my desk.

 

A music sheet.

 

Canon in D

 

Who placed it here?

 

I looked at the girl beside me. She was reading something and tapping her fingers on her desk like she’s imagining she’s playing a piano. What she’s reading isn’t a book. It’s sheet music. Then it struck me. Im Yoona had put this music sheet on my desk.

 

I smiled to myself. I don’t know what to feel but somehow, I felt happy. At least I know she’d already accepted me as her partner.

 

I took the music sheet and opened it on the first page. Then, I found a pink piece of paper stuck between the front cover and the first page.

 

Practice this piece. We’ll play it on the auditions. Book the practice rooms when you want us to use it.

 

I took the note and again looked at the girl beside me who was still reading her music sheets.

 

‘Do you hate me that much that you can’t even talk to me? Well, I can live with that. Who knows? Someday we might be friends.’ I told myself.

 

Yes, I want to be friends with that Grumpy Missy so badly.